The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Mt Moran & Jackson Lake Sunset

D3x / 70-200 VR II

Btw, a big thank you to the commercial video crew who'd rented the talent for their shoot ... :thumbs: :D

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Thanks guys - I was actually shooting a beautiful fall color reflection on the lake when thus guy rowed into shot ruining the mirror like lake. I was definitely :wtf: for a moment and then figured :thumbs: I can use him to my advantage. There was a film crew shooting advertising footage and so were directing him around for their shots so, what's a man to do? Sun's set, lake is like a mirror and there's a guy in a boat fishing and then rowing back & forth ... Too good to miss. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Mt Moran & Jackson Lake Sunset
D3x / 70-200 VR II

Btw, a big thank you to the commercial video crew who'd rented the talent for their shoot ... :thumbs: :D
Graham: Beautiful, beautiful photo! :thumbup:

One of my pix made the CNN new site. (The credited Red Bull. Oh well, they paid me for it.:thumbup:)
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/30/running-2000-miles-along-the-pony-express/
Lloyd: That's awesome! Congratulations. How'd your run go? :thumbup:

Congrats Matt :thumbs: Well deserved!
And, it is a beautiful photo.
Did you and Mimi run with Karl already? Read a few things (well, i'd heard the name) about him and it's more than impressive :shocked:
Corlan: LLOYD!! :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

i hesitate to post after Graham's marvelous photo. I've been re-working some old high ISO photos. Here's a some of them. Taken North of Prince Rupert, B.C. in the Khutzeymateen Inlet. Cheers, Matt

1. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 210mm; 1/200s @ f/18; +2/3 EV; ISO 250

2. D3; 14-24mm f2.8; 24mm; 1/160s @ f/11; ISO 800

3. D300; 24-70mm f2.8; 1/160s @ f/5.6; ISO 800

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Congrats Matt :thumbs: Well deserved!
And, it is a beautiful photo.

Did you and Mimi run with Karl already? Read a few things (well, i'd heard the name) about him and it's more than impressive :shocked:
ok -too late to modify :eek:.
Why in the world did i write "Matt" instead of "Lloyd"... dunno. Well sorry and..;

Congrats, LLOYD! :salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: LLOYD!! :LOL:
Warned you guys i didn't do mornings... see? :ROTFL:

:deadhorse: :D

Price Rupert - remember from when you first posted the series... esp the one with the smoke, the hills... anyway, my fav here is #2
(though it lacks a bit of midtone contrast on my monitor)

Was it the same trip than the bears' ?

m_driscoll

Warned you guys i didn't do mornings... see? :ROTFL:
:deadhorse: :D
Price Rupert - remember from when you first posted the series... esp the one with the smoke, the hills... anyway, my fav here is #2
(though it lacks a bit of midtone contrast on my monitor)
Was it the same trip than the bears' ?
Corlan: Thanks! :D I'll take another look at that. I'm trying to improve my pp skills. It was the same trip with the bears.

Here's the color version of that second one. It's probably a little harsh.

Cheers, Matt

GrahamWelland

Sorry about the cliche'd shot but it was pretty ... :D As you can imagine the 10k version is more impressive but still pretty even at this size. I really wish the Teton's had some weather at the moment - bue skies are nice for the tan and tourists but scenic landscape shots need some ... ummph.

D3x/24-70 3 shot pano .6GND