The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Sorry about the cliche'd shot but it was pretty ... :D As you can imagine the 10k version is more impressive but still pretty even at this size. I really wish the Teton's had some weather at the moment - bue skies are nice for the tan and tourists but scenic landscape shots need some ... ummph.

D3x/24-70 3 shot pano .6GND

Graham....You Are Batting A Thousand! Another Beauty!

m_driscoll

Gorgeous!!!:thumbs:
Steve: Thank you, sir! :D

Graham....You Are Batting A Thousand! Another Beauty!
Graham: +1. Sorry, the weather's not cooperating. Beautiful Fall colors. :thumbup:

JFK Library
D3, 24mm G 1.4
Steve: This set really seems to give a thoughtful, and thought provoking, sense of the museum. Well done! My stream of consciousness reactions:
1. Good viewpoint of a stark, slightly dated (aren't we all?) building.
2. Brave new world gone...maybe not where she wanted. Nice pp.
3. Great framing and light. Interested and skeptical.
4. Reverent. The tone and grain strengthens this in my mind.
5. That passed us by too. Grain and composition cool. she leads the eye to JFK and RFK.
6. Just before the war? He doesn't look like a bootlegger? The old man's resume actually makes the rest of the family look staid and reserved. Great framing. "Where are they now?"
7. Darkness sums it up. Extinguished.
8. Solitary thoughts.
9. Brilliant composition!
10. Where were you; where was I?

:thumbs: Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

And Now A Tribute To One Of Our Own! I Just Received My Copy Of Matt Driscoll's Brand Spankin New Book & I Must Say It Is Awesome!!! Congrats My Friend!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::salute:

m_driscoll

Steve: Nice photos. The first and second ones are a little over the top. :eek: If this was Thailand, I'd expect a photo of some race track girl holding it. I don't have a copy yet! It looks like you got a hardback? Thanks for your help and generous comment.

Graham: Thanks. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Sorry about the cliche'd shot but it was pretty ... :D As you can imagine the 10k version is more impressive but still pretty even at this size. I really wish the Teton's had some weather at the moment - bue skies are nice for the tan and tourists but scenic landscape shots need some ... ummph.

D3x/24-70 3 shot pano .6GND
Graham, don't know about this one being a cliché shot but it sure is a beauty. Great capture of the scenery under the gentle light.
Wonderful photo.

JFK Library

[/IMG]
D3, 24mm G 1.4
What a great set, again, Steve. You're taking us right there, with a lot of elegance and nostalgia.

All are great, and i share most of Matt's comments.
#5 quoted above might impress me the most, sort of a memory time tunnel created by your brilliant composition.

:thumbs:

And Now A Tribute To One Of Our Own! I Just Received My Copy Of Matt Driscoll's Brand Spankin New Book & I Must Say It Is Awesome!!! Congrats My Friend!

:thumbs::salute:
Steve, thanks for bringing this new, long awaited opus to our attention.
And with beautiful photos. The author have found his official photographer for all PR material!

Matt, yes, congrats! :salute:

Got me a soft cover (i tend to prefer them for this format) this morning -they say it'll take a couple of weeks to show up here.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
An hour by the Cathedral Square (People around the Cathedral 1/1)

Some have their hands well occupied:

Some are posing...:

Some are shooting... alone:

or not:

and some others, exchanging views:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Some are looking up:

Some are looking back:

Some, heading straight ahead:

(modern nuns)

And for others, contemplating is enough:

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hey, these guys saw it all, and much more, in just one hour.
Guess that over the last 9 centuries, they would have quite some stories to tell...

:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great photos again, Steve. Will this never end?

Very charming, Corlan :thumbup:

My Nikons are in another city, so I can't keep up with you guys. Not at the moment anyway. The Panasonic works fine though :)

Holy crap! Some great great GREAT stuff out there!

Congrats on the book, Matt!

Corlan, love the series.

I'm laying the foundation for a year long documentary project, so hopefully it will come about.

But for now...