The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
just looked through the last pages, so many fine pictures here, like:
Corlan's Cathedral set and portraits, Hacker's Singapore F1, Graham's Jackson Lake Sunset, Matt's Prince Rupert and Eastern Washington sets, Steve's library set and Walk Softly, Jason's hound and Chicago streets, Jorgens cowbitt, Oliver's Nikon set (welcome Oliver :)), and those I may have missed to mention ...

and congratulations on your new Pike Place Market book, Matt :thumbup:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

harborscape - a color photograph

click for larger size (3.7 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/85mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Sorry Oliver, seems like I quoted a quotation, or ... :confused:
well, I don't know how that happened, but it should be corrected now ... :eek:

shtarka1

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

harborscape - a color photograph

click for larger size (3.7 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/85mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Pretty Framing,Color & Composition Steen!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve, Don, er... Matt ;), Oliver, Steen. Much appreciated. :)

Matt i like the atmosphere of the B&Ws above. Sounds "your" version of the windmills are more modern than the ones we have here. Sturdier for sure, but you've certainly got gustier winds, too.

Steen, like the simplicity of the harbor photo. Lots of details, nice color palette, and there's always a sense of calmness in your shots... i like that, too.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
The hour by the cathedral was well over that afternoon... on the way back home though, driving the small country roads i still got one last shot.

Guess i'm not used anymore to hang around too many people for too long, and noticing that lone tall tree from a distance offered another perspective. Had to walk in the freshly harvested fields for nearly 30 minutes to get the right angle, but enjoyed the ambient serenity, and silence.
Last shot of the day then...

"Tale of the Tall Tree":

also a "pano" version here: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QVGWHHLiCX8/TKxxVXBB9oI/AAAAAAAAAPE/07yM_0d0Kb4/CLF_4420b_midb.jpg

(still with the 105VR)

Corlan, LOVE this! I also like that you mentioned the time you took to get that shot.

That part is never stated (not that it has to), but soooo many people think great shots just sort of happen. Some do, but most don't. It's that type of patience and diligence that makes the difference between a good shooter and a great photographer.

shtarka1

The hour by the cathedral was well over that afternoon... on the way back home though, driving the small country roads i still got one last shot.

Guess i'm not used anymore to hang around too many people for too long, and noticing that lone tall tree from a distance offered another perspective. Had to walk in the freshly harvested fields for nearly 30 minutes to get the right angle, but enjoyed the ambient serenity, and silence.

"Tale of the Tall Tree":

also a "pano" version here: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QVGWHHLiCX8/TKxxVXBB9oI/AAAAAAAAAPE/07yM_0d0Kb4/CLF_4420b_midb.jpg

(still with the 105VR)
Elegant,Serene,Gorgeous,Corlanesque! Love It!:thumbs:

m_driscoll

just looked through the last pages, so many fine pictures here, like:
Corlan's Cathedral set and portraits, Hacker's Singapore F1, Graham's Jackson Lake Sunset, Matt's Prince Rupert and Eastern Washington sets, Steve's library set and Walk Softly, Jason's hound and Chicago streets, Jorgens cowbitt, Oliver's Nikon set (welcome Oliver), and those I may have missed to mention ...
and congratulations on your new Pike Place Market book, Matt :thumbup:
Steen: Thank you, sir! :D

only Jorgen has them :D
Steen: I know, and they appear to be only there! :(

Nice rolling hills & contrast Matt!
Steve: Thank you! :D

Pretty Framing,Color & Composition Steen!
Steen, like the simplicity of the harbor photo. Lots of details, nice color palette, and there's always a sense of calmness in your shots... i like that, too.
Steen: +1, they said it very well. :thumbup:

Matt i like the atmosphere of the B&Ws above. Sounds "your" version of the windmills are more modern than the ones we have here. Sturdier for sure, but you've certainly got gustier winds, too...
Corlan: Thanks. :D The winds come up from the Columbia River Gorge and are pretty steady. The bridge across the river at that point can be dicey. I haven't been over there in a while, and, will have to go back when I have more time...At least get off the I-90!

"Tale of the Tall Tree":

(still with the 105VR)
Corlan: Beautiful pano. :thumbup: You can feel the mist and the quiet. The aspect really accentuates the openness of the field and the isolation of the tree. The tone further softens the photo. Very relaxing to stare at on the screen. 30 minutes? You couldn't just take it from the road and move on? :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

1909 Looff carousel.
"The Looff Carrousel is on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the most beautiful and well preserved hand-carved wooden carrousels still in existence. Spokane's Looff Carrousel features 54 horses, 1 giraffe, 1 tiger, and 2 Chinese dragon chairs."

Cheers, Matt

D700; 28-300mm; 28mm; 1/20s @ f/3.5; ISO 400

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Osman, Steen, Jason, Steve, Matt -i truly feel humbled by your kind words.

It was a lovely day.

Jason made a very good point, and that's definitely one aspect on which i have to reflect on and improve. Indeed if i was less the lazy type, i would've carried a tripod along.

(that is, if it was in the the trunk. :eek:)

1909 Looff carousel.
"The Looff Carrousel is on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the most beautiful and well preserved hand-carved wooden carrousels still in existence. Spokane's Looff Carrousel features 54 horses, 1 giraffe, 1 tiger, and 2 Chinese dragon chairs."

Cheers, Matt

D700; 28-300mm; 28mm; 1/20s @ f/3.5; ISO 400

Matt, don't know how, even when quoting (more or less, depending :rolleyes:) serious reference material, you always manage to sound full of tongue in cheek humor. Excellent :D

The shot is really lovely.

And to say the truth, it reconciles me a bit with the D3S. Till today and for a few exceptions, i've not been convinced yet. Probably my fault, and considering of course that super high iso performance's not among my personal criterias.

(and for some reason, it seems that the few people with this body wants to ply for a funkier processing than needed -or expected)