The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

fultonpics

Lets keep them coming! More from this weekend. The first are few misc shots from the Chargers vs Raiders NFL game, then a few from SI from the Stanford/USC game on Saturday.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, Jorgen, Matt for the further comments. Very useful.
I guess sometimes, depending on the theme, a photo can hardly be dissociated from a presentation or prior knowledge of the context. Or, it can be, but with another approach, and possibly presentation and conveying other sentiments. One of the fundamental differences between PJ and "illustration"? Well, thanks for the thoughts. :)

Great story (looking forward to the "later on during the trip"), and the images are nice. I really like the camera person, but the contrast and clarity of the top image, especially the facade of the cathedral is really amazing.
Perfectly agree.
Rayyan, the way your image in front of the cathedral renders is really impressive.

Love the pink windows, too! :thumbup:

Lets keep them coming! More from this weekend. The first are few misc shots from the Chargers vs Raiders NFL game, then a few from SI from the Stanford/USC game on Saturday.
Bob, that's a *serious* Raiders fan you got here. :cool:
Love your fan shots in general -no wonder they get published so often.

What's #31 with the pink gloves doin'? :shocked:

Last edited:

fultonpics

thks Corlan F.

before you accuse me of messing with my white balance, the NFL is honoring Breast Cancer Awareness Month----so lots of pink going on. now when you mention the Raiders, you usually think red, as in blood, but this is pink. doubt you will see much of the color the rest of the season...btw, check out #90 of the Chargers in the third picture (on the right), nice

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Bob, thanks for the explanation :) Never thought about WB -wasn't aware of the Breast Cancer Awareness op though.

Don't know how #31 ended up in this position, but for sure you got the shot.

Lloyd

Great shots all Bob. I especially love this one. I didn't watch much TV this weekend (actually, I rarely do), but I happened to catch this moment when he jumped into the stands after the touchdown. Great catch!:thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
It's indeed the very decision i had to make when processing this image -without being sure. I eventually opted for a tad blurred, understated sky just because i wanted place as much emphasis and focus on the grounds, where the memory of these historic events lays.

But you have such an exercised eye that you guessed right and saw right through the manipulation: the sky was indeed much more dramatic -to the extent of being possibly overwhelming with regard to the previous comment.
I have missed so much! Still, wanted to comment on this interesting photo. Hard to remove the backstory from one's mind once it's in place. As I am reading a novel that takes place during that war, this is especially meaningful. I had forgotten the sheer numbers of lives that were lost during that war. Stunning.

And since everyone has an opinion and you have so graciously opened the discussion regarding the crop of the photo, I will add my two cents. I think when you framed the shot you must have been aware of the cloud formation since it is included so nicely. But as you say, it does become distracting. The core of the shot is on the earth and I wish the original ignored the sky and filled the frame more entirely with the beautiful landscape. Not something you can do in post (unless PS5's content-aware fill can perform some magic). And I suppose an even narrower crop to exclude the sky almost entirely would seem odd.

Regardless, thanks for sharing and for the reminder.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Tim, thanks for the elaborated comment. Will add this to my train of thoughts next time i'm around one of these sites. On the last part of your post, though this one's already shot from quite un upper position, i indeed keep thinking that an aerial would be ideal for the purposes. not exactly easy to organize, here.

(and on a lighter subject, thanks Lloyd for satisfying my curiosity on how #31 ended up there) ;)

rayyan

Great story (looking forward to the "later on during the trip"), and the images are nice. I really like the camera person, but the contrast and clarity of the top image, especially the facade of the cathedral is really amazing.

Perfectly agree.
Rayyan, the way your image in front of the cathedral renders is really impressive.

Love the pink windows, too! :thumbup:

Lloyd, Corlan: Thank you my friends. Very kind of you both.

rayyan

Rayyan, Lovely Color & Series! Hope You're Healing & Feeling Better!
Steve: Appreciate your well wishes sir. The knees are taking a little longer to heal. But ok. Ayesha is undergoing further treatment; might take a little while longer.

Thank you for your kind comments.:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, another nice tribute to the "campagne alsaciene" landscapes. :thumbup:

The second shot on the cathedral square, though full of colors, is -can't really explain why or how- reminiscent of one of Steve's black&whites!

rayyan

Rayyan, another nice tribute to the "campagne alsaciene" landscapes. :thumbup:

The second shot on the cathedral square, though full of colors, is -can't really explain why or how- reminiscent of one of Steve's black&whites!
Corlan, the landscape in Alsace is truly magnificent. Maybe Steve was there in spirit!!

Saturated Splendor! Love # 2!
Rayyan , Please Give My Best Wishes To Ayesha For A Fast Recovery. Thanks.
Steve, Ayesha has asked me to pass on her thanks and well wishes to you and yours.