The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

So you read the gateaux menu(s), and Otis watch the people passing by... :toocool:

Nice approach Rayyan. Budapest on the second one?
Love it! :thumbup:
Corlan: Nice catch..must have forgotten my glace(s)!!

Yes, Budapest it is. Thanks for looking in.

K

K.RAY

Down the canal. A small community of simple people from mixed origins, minding their own business in their tiny, old fashioned homes. Mostly elders, one raising their grandchildren. No sign of the parents. When in need of anything, from garden garlic to some day care, they hail each other. Time pass by as fast as the placid canal stream. And when a ray of sun appears, they gather and talk about simple things. Life is good.
"We don't own a cell phone, so we can't take photos anymore", Louise said. "Often we see people taking photographs of us but they don' t talk with us, they don't even say hello. And then we never see them again".

So i made a couple of series, a brought them some glossy 7" prints. They were happy, we talked a lot. About simple things.
So i came back, and so on. Over time, i guess i became the official -though occasional, and pro bono- photographer there.

Meet some of my friends Louise, Yasmina, Hyacine, André.

LOVE THESE... THANKS FOR THE LOOK.

m_driscoll

Three from last night. D700 + 85 mm 1.4D (awaiting the G with baited breath).

I like the grainy quality of all of these. Nice moment in this one, with her hair falling away from her face. Also, I'm glad you didn't get in too tight on her face in this one. Allows us to appreciate a more global view. :D:thumbup:
Woody: +1 to what Lloyd said. I do like that you got in close on this one. The focus on the right side of the face, the hand and the ring really works here.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Oui Oui...Very Good Rayyan!:D
Merci mon ami.

Rayyan: +1! :thumbup: Is that the Rhine, and, at which city?

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Budapest. Thanks.

Rayyan: I must have missed That something happened to Ayesha? I share everybody's wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, she slipped on a rock climbing course on the Eiger; shall slow her down for a little while:D
Thanks for your well wishes. I seemed to have stretched a few things or the other.

Thank you both.:salute:

rayyan

Back on the Swiss trail...

Ayesha called me to ask where I was after 3 hours? She had reached Winteregg in 1/2 an hour. Anyway I was supposed to continue down for another hour and a half..

Sure enough, I saw the town down below..

Seemed so small. I passed through some open fields, and some bright sunshine, but constantly the descent was steep and dark..and mostly covered in mist/fog.

My kness were refusing to carry me, but sheer will power pushed me forward.

I reached the town at last. Almost giving up, I wanted to check-in to a hotel, but thought the better of it. Called Ayesha, told her I shall be on the cable-car and the final train to Murren.

The station was the most welcome sight.

Took the small cable-car. Transferred to an even smaller train and was home
as the sun was setting for this day.

I had taken a long abandoned trail. I had descended from 1650 mts to 800 mts along a treacherous path. I had been on the path for 5 hours. It seemed a lot longer to me.

Ayesha was at Murren. She helped me walk back to the hotel. We could not but notice the grandeur of the Eiger and the Monch as the sun set over the Bernese Alps.

Moral for me: Next time take the train. I am past such adventures. And yes, I should pay more attention to directions!

shtarka1

Re: New T-shirt

Somebody give the guy a few bucks for a longer T-shirt.:D

Image title: "It's no Fairytale". This is the wording on the poster behind the woman.

D700+Nikkor 35mm f/2 - 1/125@f/11 ISO800
:)Everyone Loves The Big Guns! Great Shot Michael!

Lloyd

Back on the Swiss trail...

Ayesha called me to ask where I was after 3 hours? She had reached Winteregg in 1/2 an hour. Anyway I was supposed to continue down for another hour and a half..

Sure enough, I saw the town down below..

Seemed so small. I passed through some open fields, and some bright sunshine, but constantly the descent was steep and dark..and mostly covered in mist/fog.

My kness were refusing to carry me, but sheer will power pushed me forward.

I reached the town at last. Almost giving up, I wanted to check-in to a hotel, but thought the better of it. Called Ayesha, told her I shall be on the cable-car and the final train to Murren.

The station was the most welcome sight.

Took the small cable-car. Transferred to an even smaller train and was home
as the sun was setting for this day.

I had taken a long abandoned trail. I had descended from 1650 mts to 800 mts along a treacherous path. I had been on the path for 5 hours. It seemed a lot longer to me.

Ayesha was at Murren. She helped me walk back to the hotel. We could not but notice the grandeur of the Eiger and the Monch as the sun set over the Bernese Alps.

Moral for me: Next time take the train. I am past such adventures. And yes, I should pay more attention to directions!
Amazing story (the whole thing), thanks for sharing the story and the incredible images. :thumbup: