The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Re: The 24-120mm F/4

I see you're trying it out wide open. Any good? The images seem fine at this size. How about edge to edge? Do you reckon it's a decent street lens to carry around?
Thanks for sharing.
Michael: I'm pretty impressed with it, so far. It's a nice size for walking around (probably nicer with a D700 or DX body then my D3s). I'll take a more analytical look at it, and post some more photos. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Great sky, wonderful, moody image. Definitely a place I'd like to see one day.
The cloud,contrast,setting...Wow! Sweet Shot Rayyan!
Rayyan: +1, +1, what Lloyd and Steve said. I like the "moodiness".

Eighty percent of the buildings were destroyed towards the end of WWII and the citizens suffered even worse. It should be moody. Sorry, I just read about the "Siege of Budapest". Too much information. Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I went out looking for a Steen-like model with pink shoes and skin tight jeans but only found this. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Best, Tim
Nice shot. I particularly like how the background and foreground complement each other.
Truth is, as great as Steen's shot is, I think I prefer your subject matter. Well, just this once, anyway. :D
Thank you sirs.
And to be honest, if I did find a model like that in my little patch of woods, I'd probably freak. Still, the odd wood nymph might be nice once in awhile. :p
Tim: +1, +1! Beautiful photo with the classical fall harmony of colors and complimentary green. Great balance of foreground and OOF background. Nicely seen and captured. :salute:

No models with pink shoes or wood nymphs out here, either. in fact, we don't even have Fall colors! Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Great sky, wonderful, moody image. Definitely a place I'd like to see one day.
Lloyd: You would surely love it.

The cloud,contrast,setting...Wow! Sweet Shot Rayyan!
Steve: Thanks a lot.

Rayyan: +1, +1, what Lloyd and Steve said. I like the "moodiness".

Eighty percent of the buildings were destroyed towards the end of WWII and the citizens suffered even worse. It should be moody. Sorry, I just read about the "Siege of Budapest". Too much information. Cheers, Matt

Matt: Yes sir, too much history in the city. Even recent. Beautiful city Matt.

I have to correct an error I made in the caption. This is not the Buda side, but the Pest side. I did the caption first and inserted the wrong photo.
Apologies for that.

Regards.

m_driscoll

Hmm... no fall colors? Well, seems like I did hear something about an "Evergreen State", or something like that. :D
Lloyd: That's true, but, the few deciduous trees we have should be turning! :confused:

I see you're trying it out wide open. Any good? The images seem fine at this size. How about edge to edge? Do you reckon it's a decent street lens to carry around?
Thanks for sharing.
Michael: Here's an un-cropped photo that I took the other day with some crops of the same photo. Upper left/center/lower right. Lower right's out of the DOF, slightly. I think that the lens is pretty good.

D3s; 24-120mm f/4; 62mm; 1/1600s @ f/4; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Remember Winteregg? The place I was trying to get to and took the wrong path in Switzerland..

Well what is in Winteregg you might well ask. Nothing special, a small town
but I enjoyed having breakfast and morning coffee there and just wind down..

You could sit in the shadow of the Eiger, the Monch and Jungfrau and sip your
latte; and watch the clouds go by.

m_driscoll

Remember Winteregg? The place I was trying to get to and took the wrong path in Switzerland..

Rayyan: Spectacular color and vista. This looks like the place the "Eiger sanction" was filmed? :thumbup:

cheers, Matt

rayyan

Budapest..History in every street. Heritage Sites on every corner. Hamza was not with me. The stones were silent this time around!

rayyan

Alsace..I love rain; one gets to meet people crowded into cafes or under parapets..lovely people..up close.

m3photo

Re: The 24-120mm F/4

Michael: I'm pretty impressed with it, so far. It's a nice size for walking around (probably nicer with a D700 or DX body then my D3s). I'll take a more analytical look at it, and post some more photos. Cheers, Matt.
Than you Matt. I'm sure many of us would greatly appreciate your input.

shtarka1

I went out looking for a Steen-like model with pink shoes and skin tight jeans but only found this. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Best,
Tim

Truth is, as great as Steen's shot is, I think I prefer your subject matter. Well, just this once, anyway. :D
Thank you sirs.

And to be honest, if I did find a model like that in my little patch of woods, I'd probably freak. Still, the odd wood nymph might be nice once in awhile. :p
:D:D:D! One of the Best i've seen of Fall so far Tim! :thumbs:

shtarka1

Budapest..History in every street. Heritage Sites on every corner. Hamza was not with me. The stones were silent this time around!

Rayyan, Your Skills,Vision & Narrative Never Cease To Amaze Me!:salute: