The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

This reminds me of an older discussion that took place here about how different photographers can chose to depict a situation in different ways. Some choose to exaggerate the "horror" or misery of a situation, others capture the better aspects of human resolve and spirit. I like that these people are smiling and dealing with the high water with good humor. Nice shot.
Well said Tim. And a great shot Jorgen.:thumbs:

Lloyd

My son is selling a couple of motorcycles, and asked me to take some pix for his ad:

D3, 105VR:

D3, 70-200VRII:

Matt... the D7000? Already? Does Nikon just drop ship everything that's brand new to your doorstep? :D

Great images. How's the shutter noise? I'm looking for something quieter than my D700 for street or travel. Or I just need to pony up for an M8/9. To do that, I'll need to book 3 of my biggest wedding packages... so if you guys know anyone getting married .... ;-)

Looking forward to a lil write up on that hawk. Chase Jarvis LOVES it. I would have no problem hauling that out at a wedding as a back up/3rd body or if I needed extra reach for a mile long aisle like this one....

I needed/wanted a 400 for this thing. It's the longest aisle in Chicago.

Lloyd

Glad you stopped Lloyd! Golden light! This one's my favorite!
Steve: Thanks cuz. Much appreciated.:salute:

Lloyd... I like your commute if that's your way to work. Mine is down a dark hallway, or just a roll off the right side of the bed :D
Jason: LOL. Thanks. Not too bad. My office is actually in my home, but I do have to run around a bit a times. I try to leave early, so I'll have time to shoot a bit if I'm going somewhere I think will be worth it. Truth is, it often makes me late for my appointments!! Oh well, it's worth it.:thumbup:

Very nice Lloyd! Way to see!
Tim: Thank you sir. I consider yours a masterful photographic eye, so I'm honored.

Lloyd

Matt... the D7000? Already? Does Nikon just drop ship everything that's brand new to your doorstep? :D

Great images. How's the shutter noise? I'm looking for something quieter than my D700 for street or travel. Or I just need to pony up for an M8/9. To do that, I'll need to book 3 of my biggest wedding packages... so if you guys know anyone getting married .... ;-)

Looking forward to a lil write up on that hawk. Chase Jarvis LOVES it. I would have no problem hauling that out at a wedding as a back up/3rd body or if I needed extra reach for a mile long aisle like this one....

Nice shot, and very nicely composed, Jason. I like the b/w conversion as well. (Gorgeous bride!)

Lloyd

This is so Sharp! Wish Him Good Luck! Great Photos!
Thanks Steve. We actually took the pix about 10 days ago, and he still hasn't put up the ads. We've had good weather, and I suspect the bikes have been getting some use, and he's dragging his feet on selling them. :D

Ha!

Used the HP4 conversion in Silver EFX. Just pulled up the brights a schooch in the tonal curve. Thanks for the kind words. Yep, seriously gorgeous bride. Groom, like me, is way overchicked.

Lloyd

Ha!

Used the HP4 conversion in Silver EFX. Just pulled up the brights a schooch in the tonal curve. Thanks for the kind words. Yep, seriously gorgeous bride. Groom, like me, is way overchicked.
Overchicked? Me too, bro. Me too. An affliction from which I hope to never recover. ;)

rayyan

Made a quick stop on the way to work this morning.

All with the D3 and the 70-300 VR:

Lloyd: And that's on your way to work? Beautifully seen Lloyd and presented.:thumbup:

My son is selling a couple of motorcycles, and asked me to take some pix for his ad:

D3, 105VR:

D3, 70-200VRII:
Lovely, enticing shots. hard to resist. Good luck to your son with the sale.

rayyan

Monsoon season. Time to get wet :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.0

Jorgen, a very uplifting capture. I can only admire the couple for the smiles.

Well seen and framed.

Jason: I love this photo. Beautiful expression of the wife and the framing for this shot is gorgeous.

m_driscoll

Nice Razor Thin DOF & Deep Color!
Steve: Thank you! I saw your photos and figured there must be some "Fall" out there. This was the only tree in our yard that still had a little sun on it. I didn't want to strain myself and over do it.

This reminds me of an older discussion that took place here about how different photographers can chose to depict a situation in different ways. Some choose to exaggerate the "horror" or misery of a situation, others capture the better aspects of human resolve and spirit. I like that these people are smiling and dealing with the high water with good humor. Nice shot.
Jorgen: Great capture of the happy trio! :thumbup:
Tim: Well said. Couldn't agree more. Jorgen's photos always have that positive, human, character.

These really are great! Congrats on the new toy... er, I meant "tool". Yes, that's that ticket! :D
Lloyd: Thanks. :D That's what i always tell my wife! I now have five expensive imported "hammers". The jpegs do look pretty good. I guess, I'll shoot RAW to one card and jpegs to the other for a while until LR3 catches up.

Made a quick stop on the way to work this morning.

All with the D3 and the 70-300 VR:
Lloyd: This one has a really nice color palette. The light just catching the rock and grass and the glimpse down the valley really lead you in. Is that a really cool fence or a mountain bike "skinny"?

Lloyd:

Jason: Thanks. :D Chase Jarvis's studio's just down the street...somewhere around here. Did you see that film they made in the desert near LA!

No "drop ship". Amazon sent me a "sorry we won't have your camera until mid-November" letter. I saw on NikonRumors that someone had purchased one at Best Buy before the release date. I went to Best Buy's site and ordered one on Oct. 15th. I expected it to change to "pre-order" all weekend, but it didn't. I got a shipped notice on Monday and received it on Tuesday. I then cancelled the Amazon Order. Pure luck. :D

I'm pleased so far. I wanted a smaller Nikon and this qualifies. It would be a good backup camera and for getting a little more reach. Haven't used the Q setting. Didn't notice how loud the normal settings were. When ACR supports it, I'll really get a better impression of the IQ. It's not a D3s, but I took some photos all the way up to ISO H1 2 (25,600) that were useable. HCB would think they were too good. No arguments from me on the M8/M9.

BTW: Beautiful wedding photo. I like the processing a lot. Excellent contrast while holding the detail.

I think maybe I prefer this as a b/w?

Lloyd: They both work, IMHO. I personally like the warmth of the color one and that little touch of blue and sun in the background. My reaction could be because I was "placing" it with your other color photos.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com