The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

The sun is much brighter; the vegetation is very different; very different than home; Rayyan looks out the window...
Ah well! he decides not to venture outside the house; and returns to his imaginary friends..
Rayyan: Beautiful photos. There's a timeless quality to them that will make you smile when you look at them fifteen years from now. They'll also remind you of how fast he grew up, and moved out into the world, instead of staying inside with you. :thumbup: (I've been scanning photos of our daughter from fifteen plus years ago).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Rayyan: Beautiful photos. There's a timeless quality to them that will make you smile when you look at them fifteen years from now. They'll also remind you of how fast he grew up, and moved out into the world, instead of staying inside with you. :thumbup: (I've been scanning photos of our daughter from fifteen plus years ago).

Cheers, Matt

Thank you kindly Matt. Indeed the days seem to pass so quickly and I seem to be growing older that much faster!

My best wishes to you and your Matt.:salute:

rayyan

In times far far past, when digital was just a dream and cameras came standard with a 50mm lens ( for poor folks at least ), we visited Paris.

Surprising to me that this month too, I only had the 50mm mounted on my cam when in France.

From the archives and digitized ( of course )..

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you all for your kind words. Matt, the monsoon season isn't finished yet. It often lasts until the first week of November, and the most problematic flooding usually comes towards the end. This year, it has been problematic plus. The rain is still pouring down, and people in Bangkok are wondering if the city will be flooded or not. There hasn't been a real flood for over 20 years here.

In Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), it's really bad, and parts of the city have been under deep water for well over a week.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm and f/4.0

Lloyd

The sun is much brighter; the vegetation is very different; very different than home; Rayyan looks out the window...

Ah well! he decides not to venture outside the house; and returns to his imaginary friends..
Excellent story telling (yet again) Rayyan. I really like your processing here as well.

Lloyd

In times far far past, when digital was just a dream and cameras came standard with a 50mm lens ( for poor folks at least ), we visited Paris.

Surprising to me that this month too, I only had the 50mm mounted on my cam when in France.

Great image Rayyan. You and a 50mm make a great timea. (BTW, as for the subject... beautiful then, beautiful now!! Oh yes.)

shtarka1

Adorable!

So Cool!

otumay

Thank you sir.

And that most recent post is impressive. The people just seem to go about their business. I hope it all ends well.

Thank you Osman. Hope things are going well for you and your family.
Thank you, Lloyd, things have taken a positive turn these last few days:)

m_driscoll

Great image Rayyan. You and a 50mm make a great timea. (BTW, as for the subject... beautiful then, beautiful now!! Oh yes.)
Rayyan: +1, Nice processing an a charming photo of Ayesha. :thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind words. Matt, the monsoon season isn't finished yet. It often lasts until the first week of November, and the most problematic flooding usually comes towards the end. This year, it has been problematic plus. The rain is still pouring down, and people in Bangkok are wondering if the city will be flooded or not. There hasn't been a real flood for over 20 years here.

In Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), it's really bad, and parts of the city have been under deep water for well over a week.
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm and f/4.0
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/5.0
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/4.0
Jorgen: It's amazing what people go through with a smile on their face. I'm assuming you're in a boat? The B&W of the fishing nets is very interesting: minimalist high design. I'd like to see that one in color, too. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Today's nonsensical, inconsequential, unsubstantial fluff. Cheers, Matt

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 112mm; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 400

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 24mm; 1/30s @ f/4; ISO 400

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 30mm; 1/30s @ f/4; ISO 640

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 120mm; 1/30s @ f/4; ISO 1250