The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd,
Steve,
Matt,
Rayyan
thank you all so much (danke schön:)) for the kind words you answered to my first post and the more thank you for your feedback and encouragement!

Also I did appreciate your as usual outstanding pictures

Jorgen, so authentic and artistic as well,
Rayyan, so straight forward and storytelling familypictures and the nostalgic (in its best sense) Paris shot
Lloyd, the most impressing cloud-dominated "quick grab" with very special colors
Jason, with his excellent "lowtech" balletshot and last but not least
Matt, who makes me feel like living in the midst of his beautiful hometown and makes me as well want to visit it by myself as soon as possible. (Hopefully didn't miss anyone ...) Thanks for sharing!

One more I want to show you:

D 700, 35/2 D @ f 2.2 - Upstairs

And though the contrasting colors are so substantial to this pic, I sometimes prefere the BW-Version

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest!

shtarka1

Lloyd,
Steve,
Matt,
Rayyan
thank you all so much (danke schön:)) for the kind words you answered to my first post and the more thank you for your feedback and encouragement!

Rayyan, so straight forward and storytelling familypictures and the nostalgic (in its best sense) Paris shot
Lloyd, the most impressing cloud-dominated "quick grab" with very special colors
Matt, who makes me feel like living in the midst of his beautiful hometown and makes me as well want to visit it by myself as soon as possible. (Hopefully didn't miss anyone ...) Thanks for sharing!

And though the contrasting colors are so substantial to this pic, I sometimes prefere the BW-Version

Both Brilliant!!!

Lloyd

Lloyd,
Steve,
Matt,
Rayyan

Great shots both, and on first impression I preferred the color version. However, the tonality of the b/w, particularly in the area on the right by the bar, won me over in the end.

rayyan

Hermann, love these. Matt first, now you with these modern/retro chique!!

I love both..on the wall the color and the bw together make a lovely pair.:thumbup:

Lloyd

A very moody, and at once lovely, image Rayyan. The contrast, despite the fairly flat light is really quite perfect.

m_driscoll

Lloyd,
Steve,
Matt,
Rayyan

Hermann: Thank you.

Both of these are great photos (just in different ways). Here's my thoughts. The color version has a lot of impact. The orange stair dominates the photograph as a visual form. Graphically and color-wise very strong.

In the B&W version the stair's an element in the composition that leads the eye and creates a vector that includes the man on the stair. I see more "detail" in the B&W version. The eye flows across the bottom from the newspaper to the left and up the stair to the man. Less immediate WOW, but more interesting.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Nice Fluff!:)
I'm with Steve here Matt. That's some pretty substantial "insubstantial fluff".
...Fun stuff, Matt!
Matt: Retro, grunge, 60s something!! What a treat! Very substantial Matt. contrary to what you wrote.:thumbup:
Excellent finds!
Steve/Lloyd/Jason/Rayyan: Thank you, gentlemen. :D:D:D The stars of Twiiight and Justin Bieber are about a 1/4" deep. :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
So many great photos here now. Sorry for not having time to comment on any right now. Here's my humble contribution for today.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm and f/4.0