The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Thank you all for your kind comments. Here's one more from the flood:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5

Jorgen: Very telling about the people and their courage.

Rayyan: Great pictures once more. In particular I like the bw Violinplayer; timing, framing, DOF and bw-conversion AAA.

So, to make your mouth a bit water, some from "Viktualienmarkt" for you - and the others as well of course (unfortunately most of them only ooc jpegs or quick & dirty PP, sorry for that!):

D 700, 50/1.8D @ f 3.2

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 22mm, f 5.6

Hope you like it and you get my poor German-English ...
Contrelamontre: Thank you. Another Excellent series offering from you. These two are particular standouts for me.

Regards.

rayyan

These two are kind of "quiet". Cheers, Matt

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 105mm; 1/100s @ f/4; ISO 400

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 40mm; 1/125s @ f/4; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: My house at the moment resembles the ' mixed nuts '.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 52mm; 1/30s @ f/4; ISO 1400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
This is a lovely one Matt. The stern stare is :eek: and the colors are excellent. Where is the 'lady' that Steve mentions?:D

The new lens and you seem to be hitting it off very well pal. The little red devil is cute.

fultonpics

Hi fellow Nikon folks. I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd share here too. Stuff from last nights Sharks 5-2 win over the Ducks. The first shot is from my iPhone--camera was having a tough night after two direct hits and a trip to the concrete floor. But all is well and we're ready for the next game--after applying a hammer, screw drivers and pipe wrench to get that Rodenstock off. (that is a NEW 70-200 sitting on the D3. I tape my cameras--wonder why?)

Paratom

Re: fall colors

These are really nice. Some of my favorites of the autumn images.
Thank you Loyd. For some reason I still loose sharpness when downsizing.Also hard to print those images without loosing the strong color one sees in reality and on screen.

Lloyd

Re: fall colors

Thank you Loyd. For some reason I still loose sharpness when downsizing.Also hard to print those images without loosing the strong color one sees in reality and on screen.
I know what you mean. I've been working hard at making my prints equal what I'm seeing on the screen. I've been calibrating my monitor, and profiling the paper. It's getting better, but still not quite there.

As for the downsizing, are you using a sharp for the web action or routine? That's made all the difference for me.

Matt, Steve, Rayyan: Thank you gentlemen for the friendly comments on the market-snaps!

Matt, MHC, t_streng, fultonpics and Rayyan: Great captures on various themes.

But where are the ladies on that thread?

So, here are two random shots, dedicated to the ladies:

"Lust after a New Hat"

D 700, 50/1.4G @ f 1.6

"A New Hat is (almost) Like a New Life"

D 700, 14 - 24/2.8G @ 19 mm, f 4.5

OT Matt: Looked at your description of the project in Bavaria (Nürnberg) and at Herberth Meyer-Sternbergs site as well - very impressive and interesting, and also I think raising the standards on even nowadays architectural challenges, though it's been some years ago!!!

Lloyd

Matt, Steve, Rayyan: Thank you gentlemen for the friendly comments on the market-snaps!

Matt, MHC, t_streng, fultonpics and Rayyan: Great captures on various themes.

But where are the ladies on that thread?

So, here are two random shots, dedicated to the ladies:

"Lust after a New Hat"

D 700, 50/1.4G @ f 1.6
These are really wonderful Hermann. I particularly like the first one. :salute: