The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Just for giggles, I ran the same image though Topaz Adjust set to Spicify and here is the result:
That's also an excellent (and surprising) result. Having seen the HDR version, I think I prefer that one. Seems a little cleaner, as far as the building on the left goes.

etrigan63

I agree. Topaz Adjust's Spicify tries to emulate the Lucis Art look and tends to really pull the details out concrete and such. Plus, HDR Efex kept the highlights better than Topaz Adjust.

rayyan

Rayyan

I love this as is but I would love to see it toned sepia to reproduce the look of a very old photo. Just a thought about alternative processing

By the way I think the word graissage means "grease" so this may be a lube station

Cheers

Woody
Woody: Thank you kindly sir. The sepia image is much much better than the original.

Regards.

rayyan

Rayyan: Although in a hurry, I have to say, one more time two great pictures, you share with us meditoriously. Particularly like the b/w conversion on the first one, as it matches the content of the capture in a perfect way for my taste.
Hermann: My sincere thanks to you for your generous comments.

Beautiful image, perfectly composed.
Lloyd: I honestly feel honored by your comments.

Thank you both so very much.:salute:

rayyan

I am used to embark or disembark from a plane using a jetway. I am sure most of you are too. Maybe not in villages, but most airports. At least international ones.

At one such airport we were herded straight into a bus!! No, I said. Not the hotel, I am catching a flight, I said.
Get in, he said like a well rehearsed routine.

Between the airport gate and the bus door was a few meters and it was raining.
Pouring really. We all ran. Some fell. Some rushed over them. Get out of the rain!!

We arrived at the plane. The doors opened. Baa..Baa..everyone got out in the rain. There were people lined up on the stairs to the plane. Soaking wet.

Get down, he said. No I said. I came to fly not to swim!! Not till the rain stops or you get me an umbrella!

He waited till I got a clear run inside the plane. I passed the time taking pictures.

p.s I was flying TO[ Switzerland.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Rayvan: I think you'd be surprised at how many international flights board/disembark this way even at major airports such as Heathrow, Frankfurt and others.

rayyan

Rayvan: I think you'd be surprised at how many international flights board/disembark this way even at major airports such as Heathrow, Frankfurt and others.
Hi Graham. You are absolutely right sir. One of the reasons I avoid LHR and Frankfurt!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to a concert again :)

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/4

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 42mm and f/3.5

The whole thing of course part of the local temple fair.

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/5.6

Last edited:

etrigan63

Color Is Definitely Poppin! Nice Comparisons!
Thanks Steve. This app is the easiest one by far to get pleasing results (at least to my eye, YMMV). One interesting thing to note is the splash of color on the tree and building on the right were caused by a yellow cornpopper on an Elections truck.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My wife won't let me go to concerts like that...
Ha ha... my gf insisted that we went to this one :D
I think she was more worried that I should be attacked by some of the drunk ladyboys dancing near the stage :eek:

Great result with HDR Efex pro, Carlos. Nice photo too.

For all you guys out there, It's Movember time!! Grow your Mo's for the month of November. A couple of friends got me to do it this year. I was a couple of days late, but here's my first pic.

Of course, I couldn't just do a mobile phone in the mirror pic, could I?

D700 50-G f1.8, 1/200th, ISO 100
Lowel iD vid light, 1/2 CTO on a SB-26 at 1/32nd for a hair light
PP is Portraiture High Key with a lil warmth thrown in.

Lloyd

For all you guys out there, It's Movember time!! Grow your Mo's for the month of November. A couple of friends got me to do it this year. I was a couple of days late, but here's my first pic.

Of course, I couldn't just do a mobile phone in the mirror pic, could I?

D700 50-G f1.8, 1/200th, ISO 100
Lowel iD vid light, 1/2 CTO on a SB-26 at 1/32nd for a hair light
PP is Portraiture High Key with a lil warmth thrown in.
Nice! Don't let that think smother in your sleep!:D

shtarka1

I am used to embark or disembark from a plane using a jetway. I am sure most of you are too. Maybe not in villages, but most airports. At least international ones.

At one such airport we were herded straight into a bus!! No, I said. Not the hotel, I am catching a flight, I said.
Get in, he said like a well rehearsed routine.

Between the airport gate and the bus door was a few meters and it was raining.
Pouring really. We all ran. Some fell. Some rushed over them. Get out of the rain!!

We arrived at the plane. The doors opened. Baa..Baa..everyone got out in the rain. There were people lined up on the stairs to the plane. Soaking wet.

Get down, he said. No I said. I came to fly not to swim!! Not till the rain stops or you get me an umbrella!

He waited till I got a clear run inside the plane. I passed the time taking pictures.

p.s I was flying TO[ Switzerland.

Nice reflections in the water along with great composition & Flow!;):)