The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

I know I'm in danger of boring you to death with these concert photos, but it's the only thing I have at the moment :sleep006:

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/2.8

Yes, dammit, not we'll give you six months to stop that!! (But it you need longer, feel free.) :D

rayyan

A few more from This Is The Place Heritage Park.

All with the D3 and the 70-300:

Lloyd: Heritage, Noistalgia perfectly captured. I love the tones in the first three. In keeping with the atmosphere. The portrait is very well done indeed.

As for the Lamp in the last one, masterful.

Well done.:thumbup:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Heritage, Noistalgia perfectly captured. I love the tones in the first three. In keeping with the atmosphere. The portrait is very well done indeed.

Much appreciated, my friend. :salute:

Lloyd: +1, as Rayyan stated. I particularly like the first two. As well a prominent example for the qualities of the 70 - 300 Nikkor (in my opinion mostly underestimated and, concerning me, unfortunately rarely used), but by all means "the photographer makes the picture".

Lloyd

Lloyd: +1, as Rayyan stated. I particularly like the first two. As well a prominent example for the qualities of the 70 - 300 Nikkor (in my opinion mostly underestimated and, concerning me, unfortunately rarely used), but by all means "the photographer makes the picture".
Thank you Hermann. Much appreciated. I agree about the 70-300 VR, I've found it to be an amazingly capable lens. I understand that the new 28-300 is excellent as well. I haven't tried it, but Matt Driscoll, who posts here regularly, has one, and says he thinks it is even better than the 70-300.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, that is a lovely shot, but I would not venture that close!! What lens were you using ?
This was shot using a 200-400VR, D3s at I guess about 15 ft. I used a monopod in the Land Rover. The lionesses weren't bothered at all as this one was pregnant, they'd killed that night and by the time we got to shoot them it was getting hot.

For the safari I was often challenged with the 200-400VR being too long! I had either the 70-200VR II or 28-300VR on my D3 as my other camera setup.