The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Hope, I didn't forget anybody to thank for comment and feedback!

So here are some pictures from a yesterday walk around the

"Old Munich Graveyard",

just around the corner from my home.

All with D 700, 85 mm/1.8D @ f/2

I am sure, you know the German romantic artist/painter:

Not so sure, whether you know the famos Munich beer brewer!?

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest!
Good stuff Hermann. These in particular.

Lloyd

Some shots from the Pinewood Cemetery in Coco Plum. This is one of the oldest cemeteries in Miami and it looks more like a botanical garden than a graveyard. All shots D700 + Zeiss 18mm Distagon ZF.2 or Zeiss 100mm Makro Planar ZF.2.
All nice Carlos. I like that first one especially.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The thief of little bush camp, Sabi Sabi.

He may look cute but this fella had a mean streak a mile wide. He followed us into our camp, threatened one of the guests with bared teeth and then grabbed a bowel of sugar and ran off into the trees. The rangers we had mentioned that this was definitely a candidate for 're-education by gun' :eek:

Beware the sharp end ...

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Matt: Comeback?;) But thank you very much for your kind comment!
Hope, I didn't forget anybody to thank for comment and feedback!
So here are some pictures from a yesterday walk around the
"Old Munich Graveyard",
just around the corner from my home.
All with D 700, 85 mm/1.8D @ f/2

I am sure, you know the German romantic artist/painter:
Not so sure, whether you know the famos Munich beer brewer!?

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest!
Hermann: Really dig :)eek:) the sepia conversion. Excellent positioning. And a real German feel to the photos.
The color rendering blends with the solemn place.
:thumbup:
Regards.
Hermann: "Comeback" probably didn't translate. In German (very precise language), it would be several words like "an appropriately witty response", or, "I have seen yours and now I'm presenting mine". :ROTFL:

+1 to what Rayyan said. Really like the first one. Didn't recognize the artist, but, there are several bottles of Hacker-Pschorr Dunkel Weisse & Oktoberfest-Märzen bier in the downstairs fridge. :salute:

Hermann: Wonderful shots!
Matt and Rayyan, your exchange regarding Messrs P.Harum evoked fond memories. The Milk of Human Kindness from A Salty Dog comes to mind...
Osman: I'm going to have to dig that album out! "Album" kind of dates me, too. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt: :shocked: Please, forget the question-mark, now I got it - thank you:thumbup: Due to my poor knowledge of your language I didn't understand that meaning of "comeback" on first sight.
Hermann: Oops. I responded before I scrolled down. :eek:

Enjoy it, so different from "my" cemetery; thank's for sharing!
Carlos: +1! Very interesting and different. A nice "comeback' to Hermann's photos. :thumbup:

Vlad: Great photos. This last one really uses that camera/lens combination to its fullest! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

He may look cute but this fella had a mean streak a mile wide. He followed us into our camp, threatened one of the guests with bared teeth and then grabbed a bowel of sugar and ran off into the trees. The rangers we had mentioned that this was definitely a candidate for 're-education by gun' :eek:

Beware the sharp end ...
Graham: Excellent photos! The monkey does look a little mean. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Some shots from the Pinewood Cemetery in Coco Plum. This is one of the oldest cemeteries in Miami and it looks more like a botanical garden than a graveyard. All shots D700 + Zeiss 18mm Distagon ZF.2 or Zeiss 100mm Makro Planar ZF.2.

Carlos: Serene. Tropical. Zeiss colors. Lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Rayyan, Osman, Lloyd, Matt: Thank you very much for your feedback and encouragement, much appreciated!

Now since I have learnt thanks to this forum and to Matt about different meanings of "comeback", here my comeback :D to Rayyan's beautiful invitation to a cup of coffee:

Two scenes from "Caffè Meletti", Ascoli Piceno, Italy

D 700, 35 mm/2D @ f5

D 700, 14 - 24 mm @ 24 mm & f/5

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

rayyan

Hermann: This, my friend, is a masterpiece. Evoking feelings of days gone by.

Family, friends, lovers. Very very continental. '50ish. The delicate details!!
The lighting and black/sepia is just perfect.

To me, one of the best I have seen in a long long time.:salute::salute:

Hermann: This, my friend, is a masterpiece. Evoking feelings of days gone by.

Family, friends, lovers. Very very continental. '50ish. The delicate details!!
The lighting and black/sepia is just perfect.

To me, one of the best I have seen in a long long time.:salute::salute:
Rayyan: You really make me blushing my friend ... But I am glad you like it!:salute:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Terrific shots Graham.

Lloyd

Rayyan, Osman, Lloyd, Matt: Thank you very much for your feedback and encouragement, much appreciated!

Now since I have learnt thanks to this forum and to Matt about different meanings of "comeback", here my comeback :D to Rayyan's beautiful invitation to a cup of coffee:

Two scenes from "Caffè Meletti", Ascoli Piceno, Italy

Both of these shots are wonderful, but the last one is something special. :salute: