The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Thanks a lot all!:)

Hermann, I am a keen music lover and the "simpler" the better! :D Most of the time. (At the moment I listen a lot to John Mellencamp´s latest (producer T-Bone Burnett has been my man for a long time now!) But I also admit to a weakness for the colossal as well - Bach in the old Trondheim Dome, with double choir and orchestra! or Neil Young live, with Crazy Horse doing Like a Hurricane ... :eek:

Still, I guess you´re right - it´s "simple", concentrated and pure underneath. :)

leif e
Sorry for totally OT: Leif: Thanks a lot! You really made my day. It's a shame, I didn't know John Mellencamp till now. Researched for the mentionend new releases and am still enthusiastic! BTW my musical taste covers really a wide spectrum from medieval chorals to Mahler, to opera, to G.F. Haendel, to Zappa, Ry Cooder and again to Steve Reich etc.pp.:):) :salute:

To make amends for the OT :D, two from the Munich underground:

"Please, Hold the Line"

D 700, 14-24 mm/2.8G @ 20 mm & f/4.5

"Straight on, Right?"

D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/4

Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.

rayyan

Rayyan; again - the contact!

leif e
Leif, thanks for stopping by. I like to be near the subjets.

Rayyan: Not since the 70's? :LOL:

Matt: Not to worry, mine lipssen are seallen!!

Rayyan: Great straightforward portrait with a twist (his snickering buddy). Beautiful B & W pp. Slightly edgy; adds to the character of the photo. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
I tried for the gritty look, but didn't get it the way I figured. Thanks.

Thanks guys.:salute:

rayyan

"Vanity Fair"

D7000; 85mm f/1.4G; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

You should be paid for this!! :thumbup::thumbup:

"Please, Hold the Line"

"Straight on, Right?"

D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/4

Hermann, Love the comp, perspective and the color. The second one is exquisite. :thumbup::thumbup:

m_driscoll

"Please, Hold the Line"

"Straight on, Right?"
D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/4

Matt: Nice shot of details and maybe a push to the "new" 85 for me!?:):salute:
Hermann, Last 2 Are Fantastic! Great Perspectives,Color & IQ!!!
Hermann: Thank you! I like the new 85mm f/1.4G a lot. :D
+1 for what Steve said! Striking images; very different from each other. I like the the one guy looking and the other not. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Sorry for totally OT: Leif: Thanks a lot! You really made my day. It's a shame, I didn't know John Mellencamp till now. Researched for the mentionend new releases and am still enthusiastic! BTW my musical taste covers really a wide spectrum from medieval chorals to Mahler, to opera, to G.F. Haendel, to Zappa, Ry Cooder and again to Steve Reich etc.pp.:):) :salute:
Very eclectic tastes, guys. Similar to mine. I'd have to throw Pink Floyd in there and Dave Matthews (he lives in my neighborhood). I come and go on Jazz.

Cheers, Matt

Hermann, Love the comp, perspective and the color. The second one is exquisite. :thumbup::thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you very much for your kind comment - much appreciated!:salute:

Hermann: Thank you! I like the new 85mm f/1.4G a lot. :D
+1 for what Steve said! Striking images; very different from each other. I like the the one guy looking and the other not. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Suppose, you also like your M 9 and the Summiluxes a lot.:D Maybe, I will consider such an add-on as well. A pity - or thank goodness - that our/my budget/s are limited (insert big grin here).

Thanks for your feedback on the pictures!:salute:

Very eclectic tastes, guys. Similar to mine. I'd have to throw Pink Floyd in there and Dave Matthews (he lives in my neighborhood). I come and go on Jazz.

Cheers, Matt

Matt & Leif: OK, will research Dave Matthews now (Pink Floyd are not really new to me :D). Curious about Leif's hint, this afternoon I repeatedly viewed the video "No Better than This" - it's aesthetics seems to be a kind of "madeleine in the cup of tea" to me, precious ...:)

So, thank you, gentlemen, for comments, tips and everything else :salute:

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Interesting colors Jorgen.

Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.

Not much to offer except these few from the house.

A bit of tomfoolery here:

And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols. :p

Best,
Tim

Lloyd

"Vanity Fair"

D7000; 85mm f/1.4G; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Great catch Matt! :thumbup:

"Please, Hold the Line"

"Straight on, Right?"

Very cool shots, Hermann. That reflective ceiling in the first one fooled my eyes the first couple of times I looked at it.

D3s on a nighttime ramble.
Fun shot. Looks like a good time was the order of the day.

Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh? Nicely seen; thanks for sharing that one.

Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.

And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols. :p

Best,
Tim
Good to see you posting Tim. Nice all, that that last one is special. Love it. :salute:

m_driscoll

Great shot, Matt! Vanity Fair - ready to draw, anytime! ;-)
le
Leif: Thanks! It was the combination of his attire and the Vanity Fair sticking out that drew me. The 85mm makes you work harder then a zoom for a composition. I think that also allows you to see different photographs

You should be paid for this!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir! I'm always looking for product placement tie-ins to supplement my income. :LOL:

D3s on a nighttime ramble.
halfframe: Nice colorful, lively photo! :thumbup:

Matt: Suppose, you also like your M 9 and the Summiluxes a lot.:D Maybe, I will consider such an add-on as well. A pity - or thank goodness - that our/my budget/s are limited (insert big grin here).
Thanks for your feedback on the pictures!:salute:
Matt & Leif: OK, will research Dave Matthews now (Pink Floyd are not really new to me :D). Curious about Leif's hint, this afternoon I repeatedly viewed the video "No Better than This" - it's aesthetics seems to be a kind of "madeleine in the cup of tea" to me, precious ...:)
So, thank you, gentlemen, for comments, tips and everything else :salute:
Hermann: I do like the M9 and the Summiluxes a lot. If it was actually work, I could say different tools for different jobs; but, it's just fun. Leica and Nikon are apples and oranges. There's probably a comparable German expression. Equally tasty, but, different. I hope you enjoy Dave Matthews.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Nice find! :thumbup:

Not much to offer except these few from the house.

A bit of tomfoolery here:

Best,
Tim
Tim: Very well done. I especially like the delicacy and simplicity of the second. It's almost zen calligraphy. The third is an album cover. It'd have to be re-worked and cropped, obviously. Severely, if Celine Dion was going to be on the cover (you're almost in Canada, aren't you). Perhaps just the album title to the left of the tree? :LOL: Very pretty photo. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt