The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen: Nice find! :thumbup:

Tim: Very well done. I especially like the delicacy and simplicity of the second. It's almost zen calligraphy. The third is an album cover. It'd have to be re-worked and cropped, obviously. Severely, if Celine Dion was going to be on the cover (you're almost in Canada, aren't you). Perhaps just the album title to the left of the tree? :LOL: Very pretty photo. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Tim: +1, what Matt stated, couldn't find better words.:thumbs:

Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.
Jørgen: Pure nostalgia for my Nikonian Heart:)

shtarka1

Interesting colors Jorgen.

Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.

Not much to offer except these few from the house.

A bit of tomfoolery here:

And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols. :p

Best,
Tim
Great Set Tim!:thumbs:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: Timfoolery

Looking forward to more "tim"foolery if this is the case :D
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and kind words. I really value your instincts and input.

The Queen Anne's lace shot was my favorite but wasn't sure if I was seeing it clearly. Enough of you have validated the shot so as to make me lots more comfortable with it. Thanks!

Tim

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Good looking scooter shot! What is "Mugen Power"?

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Mugen makes components and engines for motors-sports. I believe the used to make formula 1 engines for Honda. Any (male, women for some reason don't believe in this magic :rolleyes:) Honda owner under 30 with a little self esteem in this country has a Mugen badge or two on his car. It may not make his car go faster, but others may think so :cool:

Oh, and it's a tuk-tuk, named after the sound it makes, closely related to the similar vehicles in Bangkok. It takes 6-10 passenger in the back (a couple of them on the outside, more or less) and two in the front, next to the driver. If the passengers are Thai students, you can easily double those numbers :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Mugen makes components and engines for motors-sports. I believe the used to make formula 1 engines for Honda. Any (male, women for some reason don't believe in this magic :rolleyes:) Honda owner under 30 with a little self esteem in this country has a Mugen badge or two on his car. It may not make his car go faster, but others may think so :cool:

Oh, and it's a tuk-tuk, named after the sound it makes, closely related to the similar vehicles in Bangkok. It takes 6-10 passenger in the back (a couple of them on the outside, more or less) and two in the front, next to the driver. If the passengers are Thai students, you can easily double those numbers :ROTFL:
Nice shot, interesting story. Thanks Jorgen.