The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Hello, said the rose.

Hi, I said.

So, you have begun to understand me?, said the rose.

Yes, took me a while though, I said.

I know, said the rose. It's our difference isn't it ?

Now, that we can understand each other; what do you want to talk about?

Tell me about yourself, I said.

Me and Rose talked for hours.

Will you come tomorrow, asked Rose?

Of course, I said. I went.

Why are you staring? asked Rose.

Nothing I said, trying to look away.

Don't look sad Rayyan, we are different, but also the same.

I sat for much longer.

Will you come tomorrow, asked Rose.

I went.

Rose was no more.
Beautiful images. And a true story... our story.

rayyan

Yes, +1, just as Steve says. Thank you for taking us on these journeys with you. Can't wait for the next installment. :thumbup:
Sincere thanks Lloyd.

Handsome fellow, this Yousaf. I could see a pretty lady falling for him. Too bad we have some so many 'Nervous Nellies" these days... and that they have any reason, real or imagined, to be nervous.
Who knows what Yousaf is thinking Lloyd. It is all so confusing for me at least.

Beautiful images. And a true story... our story.
Couldn't have said it better my friend. Couldn't have said it any better.

Thanks Lloyd.:salute::salute:

leif e

Great images in here!

The world went monochrome (almost) around here today. Very cold weather, no wind at all has left the loveliest layer of ever so light powder snow on trees, branches, even needles. One gust of wind and it´s gone, so I had to pop out for a look today.
D200, ISO 200, 2,5/105 AIS

leif e

rayyan

Nikon D700 & 50mm & Aperture 3 for conversion.

More photos on website.
Interesting shot. Lovely BW.

Great images in here!

The world went monochrome (almost) around here today. Very cold weather, no wind at all has left the loveliest layer of ever so light powder snow on trees, branches, even needles. One gust of wind and it´s gone, so I had to pop out for a look today.

leif e
Painterly as Lloyd says. Excellent.

And down by the little lake ...
le
I love this one. Minimalistic. Beautifully cold!!:D

Great images in here!

leif e
And down by the little lake ...
le
Rayyan: Beautiful pictures one more time. Particularly love the shot from the café (?) and the portraits, the first with the interested lurking guy in the slightly blurred background and the second, i.e. the close-up.:clap::clap::

Leif:: Very, very nice and painterly photographs showing the beauty of your home country! Must visit soon:).:thumbs:

rayyan

Rayyan: Beautiful pictures one more time. Particularly love the shot from the café (?) and the portraits, the first with the interested lurking guy in the slightly blurred background and the second, i.e. the close-up.:clap::clap::
Rayyan: Can't hold up with you!:) Again a wonderful portrait of a working woman, great capture!:thumbs:
Hermann, grateful to you for your kins words. How's the weather keeping in Bavaria? My son, daughter-in-law and me were all but ready to leave for Paris
just before the weather did its thing!!

Season's greetings to you and yours and stay warm.:salute:

Lloyd, Rayyan, Steve, Matt, Leif, Jørgen and all others on this thread:

Thank you all for your kind feedback and comments on the pictures I shared with you the last two months, honestly, the encouragement was much appreciated.

I wish you all the best for the forthcoming holidays, a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Since snow is melted away (at around +/- zero °C) here, one picture from the upper Rhone Valley (Gomser Tal) in the Swiss Alps may evoke a winterly mood:

D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8G @ 14 mm & f/5.0

rayyan

Since snow is melted away (at around +/- zero °C) here, one picture from the upper Rhone Valley (Gomser Tal) in the Swiss Alps may evoke a winterly mood:

Hermann, yes sir..winter beauty indeed.:thumbs:

Lloyd,, Steve, Matt, Leif, Jørgen and all others on this thread:

Thank you all for your kind feedback and comments on the pictures I shared with you the last two months, honestly, the encouragement was much appreciated.

I wish you all the best for the forthcoming holidays, a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Hermann: A big +1 from me too, to you and all the others.
:salute::salute:

shtarka1

Lloyd, Rayyan, Steve, Matt, Leif, Jørgen and all others on this thread:

Herman, make sure you have plenty of food stored! Wow, so much snow! Sure is a Winter Wonderland! Happy & Healthy Holidays To You & Your Family!