The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Jorgen. When I buy that kind of thing I justify it with the old Rolls Royce slogan..:rolleyes:

Lloyd and Steve, thank you very much!

A few more with the D3x.
For some reason, I don't have a Rolls, so apparently the slogan didn't bite on me :rolleyes:

Another beautiful set. You really make me homesick sometimes :(

m_driscoll

Arne: Stunningly, beautiful set of photos! :thumbup:
Rayyan: Nicely composed. Terrific color. Probably nobody's in-law?
Another awesome portrait in B & W. :thumbup::thumbup:
Steve: Enjoying the snow? Nice work with the big lens! Perfect snow in the last. :salute:
Rayyan: Nicely balanced composition! Color's are great. :thumbup:
Arne: Again, incredible detail and color! Those last too are just brilliant. :thumbup:
jsf: I have no idea what it is; but, it's very cool: graphically, dimensionally, and color-wise. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thanks! :D Didn't shoot much. I can see why SW sunrises are well photographed. I need to go back and get out of town.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

jsf

Matt, it is a young woman in a short skirt, wearing leotards, leaning back against a plexiglass safety screen on a raised pedestrian walkway. I've been doing some soft reflection work. Thank you for the compliment. Joe

rayyan

Main Street, Durango, Colorado. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, these are wonderful. I love the light in the last two. :thumbs:
Congratulations on the D7000. How's it working for you?

I would always welcome feedback. Joe
Matt, it is a young woman in a short skirt, wearing leotards, leaning back against a plexiglass safety screen on a raised pedestrian walkway. I've been doing some soft reflection work. Thank you for the compliment. Joe
jsf, like Matt, I do not know what it is. But love the color and graphic presentation.:thumbup:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
For some reason, I don't have a Rolls, so apparently the slogan didn't bite on me :rolleyes: (...)
I'm not sure either, I know of at least three different Rolls slogans:

- The best car in the world
- Trusted to Deliver Excellence
- At sixty miles an hour the loudest noise in the new Rolls Royce comes from the electric clock

Maybe there are even more. I wouldn't know, only had three :p

shtarka1

Creative Mastery! Love it!

Arne Hvaring

I'm not sure either, I know of at least three different Rolls slogans:

- The best car in the world
- Trusted to Deliver Excellence
- At sixty miles an hour the loudest noise in the new Rolls Royce comes from the electric clock

Maybe there are even more. I wouldn't know, only had three :p
Ok,Ok, I won't keep you in suspense any longer, :D
the slogan I have in mind is the following:
"The quality remains when the price is forgotten"

Always a comforting thought when buying expensive (but solid) stuff ;)

Lloyd, Steve, Jorgen, Rayyan, Matt: Thanks a lot for the nice comments!

Matt, those images from Durango look great! D7000 eh? Would be interesting as a more portable alternatve to the D3x when weight is of the essence, not to mention as a back up. Please post more and give us your opinion when you have worked it a bit!

Lloyd

Both very nice, Joe. Abstractly goodness!

Last shot (for now) with the D3x.
ZF-2 100mm Makro Planar.
Looking forward to more, Arne.

Life, as it is lived. Black, white and gray. Simple. Stark.
Indeed, my friend. Just so.

jsf

I'm curious if anyone here uses "old" Nikon glass, and if they do, have you ever compared it with the new lenses? My curiosity is if the new lenses are sharper? I'm not unhappy with what I have but I have nothing to compare them with either. Just wondering if I am getting everything the camera has to offer in sharpness by using these old lenses. The lenses are all about 35 years old, manual focus, primes. Joe