The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

I'm always amazed by the color and density of your images. This one is a prime example. Wonderful light here too. Is this from Nepal?

Thanks a lot Lloyd. This was taken in a Hindu Temple in Nepal. D700 + zf 100/2.

I tend to underexpose a bit; this might give a more saturated look to the capture. Just a tad -1/3 or so. If shooting raw, I know I can bring the shadows up a little if needed.

PPwise, I use the blend modes a lot and the opacity control. I have been rightly told not to over sharpen. Blame that on my eyesight!

Grateful to you sir. Regards to you and yours.:salute:

aboudd

Old lenses part II

Nikon 35MM 2.8 PC

When processing the image I could find no CA even in the highlight areas. As you can see, the color rendering is quite nice, dare I say it? a Leica-like glow.

Last edited:

Helena

Lloyd, Helena thank you so much. Yes madam, coming from Trondheim, you are correct.

It is Norway between Boda and Sandnessjoen. Indeed it is a beautiful country and a lovely people.

Lloyd, Helena thank you.:salute:
Thank you too! It's beautiful up there. I have only visited once and definitely plan to go back some day.

This thread is so inspiring. I don't own a Nikon but visit this thread now and then just to admire the work you all do. :)

viablex1

I shacked up in a simple ' hotel ' for a couple of days. There was no room service. As a matter of fact we had to service the rooms!

After the morning drill, the mental exercises started.

How are you finding your stay with us, asked the host.

Hard floor, no hot water, early wake up calls, I said..

Grasshopper, said my host, it's all in the mind..

Me, ' grasshopper ' ?

He looked at me and started laughing. I laughed and clicked.

thats killer!! for so many reasons!!