The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

leif e

I'm curious if anyone here uses "old" Nikon glass, and if they do, have you ever compared it with the new lenses? My curiosity is if the new lenses are sharper? I'm not unhappy with what I have but I have nothing to compare them with either. Just wondering if I am getting everything the camera has to offer in sharpness by using these old lenses. The lenses are all about 35 years old, manual focus, primes. Joe
I only have manual primes for my D200. I´m sure there are newer lenses that offer improvements, but I´m often astonished at how the old Nikkors deliver. Size, build, reliability, sturdiness are all important to me. (I had a 1964 3,5/55 Micro Nikkor almost for free - excellent results!)
leif e

Lloyd

Lovely all. But these are a smokin' pal. #3 is just Parfum..oui, oui. I need to get out more often. and #6 glorious.:thumbs::salute:

Sweet Parfum to you friend.!:D
I'm with Rayyan, Cuz. All great, but the three he mentioned stand out. (Wouldn't want to meet that guy in #6 in a dark alley! ;))

shtarka1

Lovely all. But these are a smokin' pal. #3 is just Parfum..oui, oui. I need to get out more often. and #6 glorious.:thumbs::salute:

Sweet Parfum to you friend.!:D
Thank You Kindly My Friend.
I'm with Rayyan, Cuz. All great, but the three he mentioned stand out. (Wouldn't want to meet that guy in #6 in a dark alley! ;))
Thanks a lot Lloyd & you know # 6 is all Smoke & Mirrors!:D

leif e

Rayyan! That picture is so colorful and strong - still it makes me remember my grandmother washing her husband´s blacksmith´s clothes - by hand, heating the water on a wood-burning oven. Not much color to that memory. The first washing machine entered the premises sometime in the early sixties.

Steve! Bloody great! I think the guy in #6 looks cool, fun guy to know.

leif e

rayyan

Rayyan! That picture is so colorful and strong - still it makes me remember my grandmother washing her husband´s blacksmith´s clothes - by hand, heating the water on a wood-burning oven. Not much color to that memory. The first washing machine entered the premises sometime in the early sixties.

leif e
Leif,thanks for stopping by. I too remember my grandmom and my mother washing clothes and can only admire their patience and strength doing the manual wash.

One gets used to the lazy life very easily.

Regards.

shtarka1

The stairs leading in,the light & shadows,the color & comp...Brother it's Your World & We're Just Living In It! Truly On Fire Rayyan!!!:thumbs::salute:

Lloyd

The stairs leading in,the light & shadows,the color & comp...Brother it's Your World & We're Just Living In It! Truly On Fire Rayyan!!!:thumbs::salute:
What more can be said? Steve nailed it here, Rayyan. Just so... just so, my friend. [insert 'We're not worthy' smilie here]

rayyan

What more can be said? Steve nailed it here, Rayyan. Just so... just so, my friend. [insert 'We're not worthy' smilie here]
Steve, Lloyd; words might seem hollow. I am truly grateful to you both. Truly.

May you and your loved ones live long, full, happy and contented lives.:salute::salute: