The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finger Lickin' Good

jonoslack

Hi There
The first three of these were taken with the 105 macro - splendid it is as well, the last couple with the cheapo 70-300.

But the real deal is the splendid files and perfect exposure the D3 manages.

Terry

Never thought I would say this about the subject matter but the second one is splendid. I feel like I could reach in and touch.

My immediate thought when looking at a couple of these were detailed still life painting from hundreds of years ago comes alive.

clay stewart

Jono, I like them as well. Who would have thought that chicken portraits could bring a smile to my face.:) The second and third ones are great. If nothing else, that 70-300 seems to have some pretty nice bokeh on the last one.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Never thought I would say this about the subject matter but the second one is splendid. I feel like I could reach in and touch.

My immediate thought when looking at a couple of these were detailed still life painting from hundreds of years ago comes alive.
I agree the second one has the Mojo . Print it large

jonoslack

Hi There
thanks for your replies; Clay - chickens make spectacular subjects - check out the work of Stephen Green-Armitage. They have a particular mixture of arrogance, cruelty and stupidity which makes them perfect subjects (rather like politicians :p)

Street Chickens?:

harmsr

Workshop Member
Jono,

The original second one also jumped out at me. Love the composition, detail, framing, and tones.

Best,

Ray

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
As the song implies...
Pigeon ain't pigeon til its fried.
-bob

jonoslack

LOL never heard that one.
We have hundreds of great big woodpigeons in our garden - the only thing that makes them go away is walking around the garden with something that looks like a gun. They certainly make a mess of the cars!

Well Terry - did you eat 'em?:)