The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vintage motorcycle show

gromitspapa

May 3rd was the third annual "Legend of the Motorcycle" Concours d'Elegance. It's held at the Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay, and is reputed to be the best show of its kind in the world. The featured marques were Norton and MV Agusta. Photo album here. These were taken with the D300 set to standard with the 17-55 and the non-VR 105 micro, mostly right out of the camera with usually a tweak to the shadows/highlights:

Valentino Rossi's MotoGP bike:

An old MV Agusta helmet:

A 1940 Indian Scout that used to belong to Steve McQueen. It was auctioned later that evening, estimated to go for $60-80K:

An old Honda racebike:

Misc vintage stuff:

jlm

Workshop Member
the Norvin is interesting...I used to drag race (1/8 mile strip) my 750 Norton Atlas vs my buddy's 1000cc Vincent Black Shadow