The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D90 meets Steam Locomotive, Southbound

H

HarrisGraeberII

Union Pacific 844 Steam Locomotive arrives Navasota, April 11, 2010
(Click thumbnails for LARGE view)

Arriving

Whistlestop-15 minutes

Photo-op

Soutbound, outa town

Nikon D90, 18-105VR(kit), handheld (Photomatix, LR2)

H

HarrisGraeberII

D90 meets Steam Locomotive, Northbound

Union Pacific 844 Steam Locomotive, Northbound in Navasota, April 19, 2010

Northbound in Navasota

Crossed

Oil-fired

Passing Texas Bluebonnets

otumay

Amazing, Harris. I was at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara between 1972-1978. This means that we were there at the same time.
Your scans are so nostalgic! The first was the newly constructed Kocatepe Mosque, and the second depicts the old fortress walls I guess. Thank you for transporting me 30+ years back!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Harris, this is brilliant.
Not usually my kind of processing, but what you achieved goes beyond a simple matter of taste and constitutes a painterly, artful series.

Arriving, Whistletop, North bound & Crossed are instant classics.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. the Ankara shot takes you back in a Midnight Express mood -though i kinda remember that was mainly shot in Malta, not in Turkey. First thought when opening the file, nevertheless...

Last edited: