The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D3 with Hassy 50 2.8 FE Distagon

woodyspedden

Woody,

Are you using the stock screen or have you changed that out too ??
David

I am using the Brightscreen matte screen with the 13mm center prism. Works really well with no exposure side effects that I can discern. Jim also marked the 8 x10 area with brightlines which is also nice for composition help

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Here's one with the 110 2.0 FE, wide open... got to love the bokeh from this lens. Did a bit of post on this one including some luminance sharpening.

PSon

Got the D3 in but my Hasselblad to Nikon adapters will not be completed until the end of May. The 2.0/110 is a great lens for medium format or full frame DSLR systems. Instead of getting the Zeiss 2.0/100 ZF or the Nikon 2.8/105, I use the Hasselblad 2.0/110 since this lens can also focus extremely close. In fact it can focus even closer than the Contax 2.0/100 lens. The SA 300 is also another great lens to use in multiple systems as shown here.

woodyspedden

Woody,

Are you using the stock screen or have you changed that out too ??
David

I am using the Brightscreen 13mm prism screen for ideal focusing on manual. Works really well with the magnifier so at the moment I am a happy camper. Jim Lakey has always been a great innovator and nothing has changed about that. Love it

Woody

Stuart Richardson

Woody, do you find yours brighter than the stock screen? I just received mine today and it is disappointingly dim, particularly in the corners. I think I either got a bad one or I installed it incorrectly, but it focuses correctly, so I am not so sure. Either way, it is nothing like the one I have in the R9, so I think it is not going in correctly or something.