The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fly View

V

Vivek

Capturing Bees and other small creatures in flight is a passion for me.

Here are a few hoverflies in action. All with D300/20mm f/3.5 Ais/plus a K1 extension ring.

David K

Workshop Member
Could you pick a more difficult subject next time :) I won't hazard a guess at the keeper rate for these.

jonoslack

Lovely Vivek
I like doing this as well.
I'm just waiting for the bugs to appear, then I'm gonna try it with continuous focus on the 105 nikkor and the D3

Here are a couple I dug out, the second is a bit tame, but I like the other two (taken with a d2x I think with some 105mm lens, could have been the nikon or the sigma).

Your backgrounds are more interesting though AND you're doing it the hard way! :)

V

Vivek

Thanks, Bob, David and Jono.

Jono, This isn't for the faint of heart. Bokeh is often unpredicatble, though the backgrounds certainly can be more interesting.

Here is one looking up into the sky and in IR (10.5mm fisheye).

David, Flies are quite challenging but these shots were not my most challenging ones.

This old one in Ultraviolet was the most challenging for me to date.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
nice flyer shots, Vivek and Jono
here's my humble contribution
[ D50 w. DX 18-70mm kit lens, actually it's good enough :D ]

Last edited: