The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro thread everyone?

etrigan63

Here are some flower shots from around my yard:
Not sure what these are called:

Bougainvillaeas:

Periwinkles:

Orange Geiger:

All shots f/16 Aperture Priority between ISOs 200-320. All shot with CV 58mm + Kenko 12mm ET on my D300.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
here's my bug shooting contribution :p
just the usual cheating, i.e. the "macro by cropping" trick

D300 • ZF 1.4/85mm • 1/320 sec. at f/2.8, ISO 200

etrigan63

Thanks Jono. I have you to thank for the inspiration for that set which I am going to keep expanding. You mentioned that you shoot stuff around your home, on walks, etc. I decided to look for the unusual in the usual in places that I hang out around here. Hence the title of the set: Ordinary Abstracts.

D

dlew308

D200, Sigma 105 macro

This little guy found his way inside the house.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
dlew308... Nice! Aliens invade!

I'm afraid I ain't got no stinkin' macro lens. But, I do have a lensbaby with a 10x magnifier. Ok, so it's not art. Hand held with the D2Xs, the flash off-camera and propped on an empty Leica Lens box.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
While I had the Lensbaby mounted on the Nikon, I decided to try one or two with this Begonia blossom I found in the yard. The lens is not for everybody, it's sort of the anti-sharp approach. But that can work too I think.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Tim, I love the orange color. Your exposure of the bright orange is perfect. I really like the look from the lensbaby.

I have never had a lensbaby. I was wondering the other day if anyone had tried a lensbaby with liveview? There might be some potential for some pretty interesting creativity with that combination.

Dlew308, Nice shot of the invader.

DonWeston, Congratulations on the new D60.

G

gleno

These are all so nice I had to go out to the yard to see what I could find.
Nikon D70 50mm Nikkor f/2 & 36mm Vivitar tube

Last edited:
D

dlew308

Cindy: thanks!

D100 and 105mm

These came up one year and never again.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Cindy! The LB is a fun thing. A little goes a long way, but they're inexpensive and can do some nice things. I never thought of using it with live view. They're completely manual down to adding the aperture disks with a magnetized wand.

Tim, I love the orange color. Your exposure of the bright orange is perfect. I really like the look from the lensbaby.

I have never had a lensbaby. I was wondering the other day if anyone had tried a lensbaby with liveview? There might be some potential for some pretty interesting creativity with that combination.