The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon "Street"

My poor wife and our girls waiting for me to get coffee on a +3F New Years Morning in Chicago...

D700 Zeiss 21f/4 1/500 100% crop

Lloyd

My poor wife and our girls waiting for me to get coffee on a +3F New Years Morning in Chicago...

D700 Zeiss 21f/4 1/500 100% crop
Yup, that's chilly. Nice light and shadow. I like the light rimming your wife's head especially.

Just out of curiosity, how do your "girls" take their coffee? ;)

Here is another from New Year's morning. I know it's totally blown out, shot from the hip, but there's something about it that I like. Most of you will think it's junk (which it is from a technical perspective) but the Zeiss is just magical with the colors.

I did a black and white conversion in Aperture and didn't like it, but I'll let you decide

shtarka1

"I really like this image a lot!! Wonderful composition![/QUOTE]"
Thanks Jason!

I think your shot would also look cool with a crop right above the 2 guy's heads, which would place more emphasis on their shadows in my humble opinion.

m_driscoll

Lloyd

All nice (3 & 5 are favorites), but this one's an epitome of modern urban age... great catch and composition.
I agree on all counts. +1, for sure! :thumbup:

And see how you are, Steve... there you go, taunting us again with that lens!! :eek:

shtarka1

All nice (3 & 5 are favorites), but this one's an epitome of modern urban age... great catch and composition.
Thanks C.F.!
I agree on all counts. +1, for sure! :thumbup:

And see how you are, Steve... there you go, taunting us again with that lens!! :eek:
Lloyd , i got that lens off of fleabay out of Japan. There's an R 35 Lux on there that i'd love to have also but i must slow down with this craziness! Thanks!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve, would you have some inclination towards tall blondes with red tops? :rolleyes:

Cool ones, both of them, btw :thumbup: