The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon "Street"

jonoslack

"A place to exchange ideas, techniques, experiences AND images,
where the discussions are fun, respectful and geared toward the goal of
helping each other improve all aspects of our photography."

Anything outside of this statement is unacceptable and the owners and moderators will do whatever it takes to abide by this statement and take whatever action necessary at the time to insure that is what we live by. This is what makes this forum as good as it is.
Oooh! you're soooo tough :p

. . . . does that count as respect?

What is so good is that you do allow a little space for things to sort themselves out, and in this case it was certainly the right approach.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey watch it i will send you a MF system and really get you in trouble with the wife. LOL

Thanks Jono folks don't realize how much space is really given here. I want folks to have fun and if the crap hits the fan than we will try and smooth stuff out first and if that don't work than we have to delete , edit or whatever to make this a better place. We are going on simple logic here and whatever makes all the members happy that is the plan. If we make a mistake we make a mistake , no one is perfect. If someone thinks they are perfect or above the rules than this is not the place for you.

jonoslack

Hey watch it i will send you a MF system and really get you in trouble with the wife. LOL
Ah, Guy, it isn't Emma (she's just grateful that I don't: 1. play golf, 2. sail boats 3. play away, all of which are much more expensive than MF). If I want to mortgage the dog and buy an HD39, then she'd grin and bear it.

It's me that's being stick in the mud about this!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes it takes some mental decision to figure out how it will be better for you in the long run and work within your style. You do need to demo one and just play with it and see how it fits you.

jonoslack

Yes it takes some mental decision to figure out how it will be better for you in the long run and work within your style. You do need to demo one and just play with it and see how it fits you.
Well, at the moment I can't see how it will be better for me in the long run - or the short run, or how I could work it within my style (if I have one indeed!).

Basically, until I learn to 'plan' photographs I need to have something where I can carry a focal length range from 14-300mm in a bag for a 10 mile hike . . . and I just don't think I can do that with MF.

Of course, we all want the best content and the best quality in our photographs, and we all know that MF provides the best quality, but, I don't want to sacrifice content for quality, and, for me, I think that is what would happen if I went for MF.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Enough words (although I would love to have a digital mf too, one with an old-fashioned, waist-level viewfinder. Is there such a thing?), here's a photo.

D80 with Tamron 24-135mm @ 24mm f/4 and 1/30s.

jonoslack

Quite Right
More Fast Children (although not with Nikon - I'm sure you'll forgive me).

Tuscany - October 2007

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Whoa !
Soo three-dimensional. Like a hologram.
And you really caught a perfect moment :thumbup:
What lens did you use here, Vivek ... ??

V

Vivek

Steen, It was all the light that did the work. I don't use long lenses for street and this was a long one that I use for IR. Now, don't laugh..the lens was..
Tamron 70-210mm f/3.8-4 46A (that I picked up for 15 guilders years ago) @f/8 and at the long end.

Thanks!:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Road safety never became fashionable in this country. Surprisingly though, most of them survive...

D80 with Nikkor 70-300 ED

bcf

Jorgen, I can't see any of your photos on this thread. I do see the other ones. Am I the only one?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, I can't see any of your photos on this thread. I do see the other ones. Am I the only one?
Hmmm... neither do I :confused:

My schedule has been dotted with new "interesting" challenges lately, taking away the peace of mind needed to take photos. I should probably marry an accountant to take care of my paperwork :cry:

Here's a couple from downtown Poipet, two years ago. Both with the E-1 and OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8, probably @ f/4.0.

Edit: Suddenly it strikes me that the E-1 isn't really a Nikon, but what the heck. Can you forgive me? I'll cross post to the 4/3 forum as well, just to keep some kind of balance here :)

Could somebody at Olympus please re-invent the E-1, Kodak sensor and all?

V

Vivek

Buy a G1 and all Nike gear becomes redundant automatically, especially for street. That is what happened with me.:thumbs:

G1, Oly-D 17/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Buy a G1 and all Nike gear becomes redundant automatically, especially for street. That is what happened with me.:thumbs:
I'm waiting for the Fuji m4/3 or the Olympus m4/3 with a viewfinder. I've heard that the Fuji will be able to do my accounting as well :LOL: