The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D3 with Hassy 110 f/2 FE

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
David That first one in color has a beauty to it that flatters the model. Maybe just a little softer might improve it..it is effective in demonstating whats possible with the 110 on a d3. Great bokeh!:D Roger

David K

Workshop Member
Roger, I prefer the color version myself. I'm partial to red hair against a green background... actually, I'm fond of red hair against any background :) I softened this one up a bit. For some reason they're looking sharper when I downsize for the web. I'm using Jack's action which I don't think has any sharpening, so it must be compression.

robsteve

Subscriber
David:

The first color shot looks fantastic.

If you are finding them too sharp, try changing the resize to bicubic smoother. I have noticed that depending on the shot, sometimes the bicubic sharper makes the image too sharp.

David K

Workshop Member
Rob,
Just checked Jack's action and it uses bicubic sharper... Most of the time the images convert for the web just fine, but I'll give your suggestion a try.

D

diglloyd

Finally had an opportunity to put my new Hasselblad to Nikon adapter to good use... Shot wide open, some post processing, levels, curves and a touch of sharpening...
Which adapter is that? How's the build quality of the adapter?

woodyspedden

Which adapter is that? How's the build quality of the adapter?
Lloyd

I use the Novoflex system adapters which come in two pieces. One of them can be used by itself in conjunction with bellows. Together they support the Hassy 110 2.0. As always Novoflex build quality is superb but the price matches it.

The names of the adapters are Haring and Nika. They are available from B&H photo.

Hope this helps

Woody