The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Trip with Nikon D50 + Zeiss 25/2.8

deepdiver

Hii...!
Just got back from 3 days trip
I had a lot of fun with Nikon D50 + Zeiss 25/2.8 (took about 300 pictures with this combo) I did not bring any other lens with me, only ZF 25/2.8

Here are some of them, enjoy ^^

The the hotel's garden

The "thumb mountain" because the shape of the mountain is mimicking a thumb

Then I went to the forest

From the forest i wnt to the nearby village.
People were staring at me!
i had no options, I can't take pictures at this condition >_<
i was scared that they might attack me hahahhaa
Therefore I hold the camera on my right hand, and place it near my tummy.
I preset the Focus, Aperture and speed.
Candid mode ON..!!

Then, before I left this village, I took a picture of a lady from a bridge

She was walking to the river with the kid to take a bath ^^

overall, I really only the performance of Nikon D50 + ZF 25/2.8
even though this camera can't meter Ai-s type of lenses.

Thx for looking

Andree

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The D50 is a great little camera for getting excellent results straight from the raw/jpg. Nicely optimized for travel work.

Did the Zeiss require manual or stop down metering with the D50? I've used this lens with the D2X and D3 and it's a nice combo - although the focussing is pretty slow but obviously benefits from really accurate close up adjustment.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful captures, Andree, apparently you had a nice trip to the mountains. I'm amazed you can manage to focus manually with the small, dim penta mirror viewfinder on the D50 (have it myself). Well done. Nice to see some ZF 2.8/25 shots, obviously a nice lens. That burning oof-area glow in the first one ... :thumbup:
/Steen