The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon panoramas

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Steen,
You did an excellent job of stitching. You didn't pick an easy subject with all of the brick and detail. I haven't done any panorama work for a few years, so I don't have any photos to post. Would you share what gear you used?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very nice vertical stitching! I've never tried that.

I had to search around for these, the only two panos I've done with the Nikon. It's been awhile, maybe time to try it again.

The first is a range of hills in the western part of the state, the second is along the coast across from Acadia.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Lots of thanks to all of you, and Cindy I used D300 + ZF 1.4/50mm, and the program PTGui did all the stitching work automatically, it is extremely easy to use and I think it does a rather impressive job.
So the only really weak element (apart from the photographer :rolleyes:) was the tiny little wobbly travel-tripod. I should have picked a more steady one for this task. Nice sceneries, Tim :thumbup:
/Steen