The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D7000 Aperture Control

TCSJordan

Hey all,

I just shot a short film with a couple of D7000s, and found an irritating hiccup. When in Live View or Movie mode, with manual movie exposure enabled, and in Manual exposure, shutter speed and ISO can be selected but not Aperture. I have to flip the mirror down to change aperture. The lack of a meter in Live View makes this especially difficult.

If anyone has heard of a solution, I'd find it very useful.

The short and impressions can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWXU3mScCzM

Cheers,
Jordan

Lars

Interesting... I would guess that the omission of aperture control with the mirror down is related to the mechanics of the mirror assembly and apeture control. The aperture lever (I think all Nikkors have that?) might not be suitable for on-the-fly adjustments. Just speculating.

If I'm right, then there's no hope for a firmware fix.

TCSJordan

Oddly enough, you can control Aperture in Live View when in Aperture priority mode, so I'm not sure it is a hardware issue...

G

GradyPhilpott

Enjoyed the video and the review. A much more practical review than some I've seen.

ElvisKennedy

Jordon,

I noticed that same issue when trying to adjust aperture while in M mode and live view. No dice. I've emailed this question to Nikon but have yet to receive any response. I'm not aware of any good work-around other than dropping out of live view, adjusting aperture and then back in. A bit futzy but doable.