The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

North Narrabeen (Sydney) Rock Pool - pre-sunrise

PeterB666

I bought a second-hand Nikon D90 and Nikon 10-24mm lens a couple of weeks ago. I am a little limited by way of my usual sunrise shots as I haven't got a filter holder or large enough square filters to do sunrises properly. That said, here are some pre-sunrise shots that have come out quite well despite the lack of GND filters.

North Narrabeen Rock Pool is built on a rock ledge between two beaches. It is really one pool inside another with decking that separates a 50 metre lap pool inside a larger wading and recreation pool.

North Narrabeen 2 by peterb666, on Flickr

North Narrabeen 3 by peterb666, on Flickr

North Narrabeen 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

North Narrabeen 6 by peterb666, on Flickr

PeterA

Sweet shots ..brings back memories of surfing and body bashng all summer long many years ago around the corner at Curl Curl..

PeterB666

Thanks very much. Your feedback comes as quite a surprise as I only had the camera for a couple of weeks and was barely at terms with the controls. It has been downhill ever since ;)

Cheers to all.