The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rumor season

Terry

Jono -
Patience pays off....my 24-70 will be a proper lens on a D700 :D

Now I will have some lens cleanup to do.....I have a couple of DX lenses.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I found that the right diopter did wonders for me on the M8. I find that I crank the diopter adjustment on the D3 to the full + direction.
-bob

Stuart Richardson

So it is real! The video was interesting. Too bad I do not speak French. So it looks like it does away with things like the microphone and audio notes (I could care less), the second card slot (I liked having two), while adding things like sensor cleaning (vibration or whatever), the built-in flash (whatever...), and changes some things around like the protect buttons (it adds a magnifying glass button, which is nicer than having to hold both the magnifying button and scroll with the thumb wheel), and the metering switch. I wonder if it is still weather sealed? That CF door did not look as protected as the one on the D3. One thing is certain, if you need a battery grip, just get the D3! It looks huge with the grip on there!

Stuart Richardson

They say it is going to be offered for 2800 euro, which is 4400 dollars. How much is the D3 there? Because D3's are selling for under 5000 here in the States...600 dollars less does not sound like a huge amount.