The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Mr. Rayyan, said my guide/driver, why do you want to stay in the mountains?

The action, he said, is all on the sea.

But ' the action ' is here for me. I said.

Let's go down and you see for yourself Mr. Rayyan. I know. I live in Bali.

So we went to the sea.

It was hot. It was very humid. It was crowded. Most of the people were..
let's say from cooler climates.

I came to see the Balinese, I said. I have been to cooler countries and seen these people before.

Mr. Rayyan, said Ari, you don't like anything here ? Surprised he was.

No, I said. Nothing interests me here.

Ari, I said, I shall tell you a place. You take me there. That is where the action is.

Where, asked Ari puzzled. Tomorrow, I said.

Lloyd

Rayyan, Amazing Texture! Nice Full Frame Grab!
+1 on that! The texture is so strong, and the separation so profound, it almost looks like a composite image. Wow.

Mr. Rayyan, said my guide/driver, why do you want to stay in the mountains?

The action, he said, is all on the sea.

But ' the action ' is here for me. I said.

Let's go down and you see for yourself Mr. Rayyan. I know. I live in Bali.

So we went to the sea.

It was hot. It was very humid. It was crowded. Most of the people were..
let's say from cooler climates.

I came to see the Balinese, I said. I have been to cooler countries and seen these people before.

Mr. Rayyan, said Ari, you don't like anything here ? Surprised he was.

No, I said. Nothing interests me here.

Ari, I said, I shall tell you a place. You take me there. That is where the action is.

Where, asked Ari puzzled. Tomorrow, I said.
I'm interested to see the "action", but it's clear that you can find beauty wherever you are. :thumbup:

Uhh, since my last visit here so many, many great pictures. So I'll have to be quite unequable, since I cannot mention them all. Just a very subjective voting due to my personal likings:

"Fishy" Street...

D3, Nikon 8mm ais 2.8 :)
Steve: Thanks a lot for demonstrating me, how I should put my FE to good use!

snowy six corners

Matt: Love, how you aptly captured the mood of that day with this one!

Rayyan: Strange costumes for the statues, great and colorful folklore to enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

Balinese dances and dancers are world renowned for their grace, beauty, color, costumes, and grace.

I went to watch a dance. there were 300 others. With cameras, teles, flashes
and what not...

I did not watch the dance. Talked my way backstage.

Who cares about the dance. I wanted to meet the dancers. Or their friends.

I stayed all the time watching them prepare. Talking and shooting. That's what I do when I feel sad...away from home. All alone. I didn't intend to remain alone for long..

Rayyan: Beauty - envy and congratulate you on your journey!

Chinese New Year In Boston...

D700, 85G 1.4
Steve: As usual all great, but this one is my personal favorite!

Feel the spirit of place. Feel the spirit of Bali.

The photographs shall take care of themselves...

Rayyan: You really show us the country by showing us the people who live there, admirable!

More Faces...

:)
Steve: Once again, my personal choice, since they really, really all are great!

Thank you all together for sharing!

After that tour d'horizon regarding the great and inspiring pictures you can enjoy here, my humble attempt to a kind of every-day-life PJ (pictures captured at Munich International Bus Station):

"Migrant Workers, Their Children and Pets Looking Forward to Holidays at Home"

D 700, 24mm/1.4G @ f/1.4

Thank you for your interest and best regards!

rayyan

+1 on that! The texture is so strong, and the separation so profound, it almost looks like a composite image. Wow.

I'm interested to see the "action", but it's clear that you can find beauty wherever you are. :thumbup:
Lloyd, for me the ' action ' is the simple everyday things. The people and their lives. The ear shattering clubs or the bronzed bodies on the beach flouting their wares I leave for others.

My friend, I am grateful for your kind comments.:salute:

Lloyd

Lloyd, for me the ' action ' is the simple everyday things. The people and their lives. The ear shattering clubs or the bronzed bodies on the beach flouting their wares I leave for others.

My friend, I am grateful for your kind comments.:salute:
I had a suspicion that was the case, and therefore am all the more looking forward to it. :salute: My kind of "action" as well.

rayyan

After that tour d'horizon regarding the great and inspiring pictures you can enjoy here, my humble attempt to a kind of every-day-life PJ (pictures captured at Munich International Bus Station):

Hermann, first a thank you for your very kind words.:salute:

The captures of the migrant workers are sensitively and beautifully done.:thumbs:

rayyan

We went to a fishing village. Off the beaten track. My kind of ' action ', my kind of people. I forgot the heat and the humidity.

The captures of the migrant workers are sensitively and beautifully done.:thumbs:
The bamboo sound at sunset. Everything is in the details.
We went to a fishing village. Off the beaten track. My kind of ' action ', my kind of people. I forgot the heat and the humidity.
Rayyan: First, big thank you for your kind comment, much appreciated!:salute:

Last but not least: Two more really inspiring pictures. Love the content but the PP as well. Have a great journey, enjoy and take care!:salute:

shtarka1

"Migrant Workers, Their Children and Pets Looking Forward to Holidays at Home"

D 700, 24mm/1.4G @ f/1.4

Excellent Faces Captured In Colorful Setting Herrman!
Thank You For Your Kind Comments My Friend!

rayyan

Rayyan: First, big thank you for your kind comment, much appreciated!:salute:

Last but not least: Two more really inspiring pictures. Love the content but the PP as well. Have a great journey, enjoy and take care!:salute:
Hermann, my sincere thanks.

Rayyan...Thank You!;)
Magnificent!!!:salute:
Steve, you are welcome to the first one:D and a big thank you for the second.

Regards guys.:salute:

Lloyd

One from a couple of hours ago. The weather looks nice enough, but looks here (as in many things in life) can be deceiving. The wind was howling... 50+ mph gusts, and sustained at about 35mph. This sunny moment was a bit of a sucker hole, as 10 minutes later it was dark and dreary. Big storm headed our way tonight, we're told.

D3s, 20mm f2.8 @ f11, 1/640, ISO 200:

rayyan

One from a couple of hours ago. The weather looks nice enough, but looks here (as in many things in life) can be deceiving. The wind was howling... 50+ mph gusts, and sustained at about 35mph. This sunny moment was a bit of a sucker hole, as 10 minutes later it was dark and dreary. Big storm headed our way tonight, we're told.

D3s, 20mm f2.8 @ f11, 1/640, ISO 200:
Lloyd, stunning wa shot.:salute: I hope you folks are safe.

Looking for a good home. I'd place and ad in the Classified here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23588

For my much-loved D3 (only 7196 clicks on the shutter)

But I thought the shadows here were nice:

D3s, 50mm f1.4G @ f1.4, 1/640, ISO 200:
Lloyd, i hope you are not jumping ship!:eek: You have brought us magnificent captures with this friend.

Lovely shadows indeed. gentle and seductive.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.