Site Sponsors
Page 12 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 600 of 12283

Thread: Fun with Nikon Images

  1. #551
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    Rayyan, your photo of the woman with the incense sticks is absolutely gorgeous

    ....
    Lots of kudos to all ...
    Steen, thank you sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Lights Up The Whole Room With Warmth! Wonderful Rayyan!
    Steve, she really does pal. Lovely gal. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

    Love this shot, Rayyan. What a wonderful smile!
    Lloyd, indeed a contagious smile. Wonderful personality. Thanks.

  2. #552
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    A quiet day at the beach. Cheers, Matt.

    D7000; 28-300mm; 42mm; 1/800s @ f/15; ISO 1000


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  3. #553
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A quiet day at the beach. Cheers, Matt.


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    It does look pleasant. I think I know that place. Right by the Prince Kuhio statue, isn't it?

  4. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


    Haruki BW by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 with 50mm f/1.8

  5. #555
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by petetsai View Post
    I thought I'd brighten things up with a little color..

    The Prosperous Chinese New Year by PeteTsai, on Flickr


    Hi! by PeteTsai, on Flickr
    And a cute little candid after the show, the little kids were so adorable.
    Pete: Beautiful color and photos. I love the angle and composition of these two. Unusual and creative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    ...
    Matt, love your shots of the Waikiki shopping rush, they are priceless, and your black and white processing is excellent...
    Lots of kudos to all ...
    Steen: Thank you, sir!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Something for your wives to lust after. A $200,000+ Hermes Birkin.
    Vlad: Huhh?? Diamond encrusted padlock? Nicely photographed. Don't let Lindsey Lohan near it!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  6. #556
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    The bananas for the monkeys which roam this forest. Luckily, my guide and me chose to bypass a trek through the vast and lush forest.
    This lady was something else. Too good to pass up on this opportunity..
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Lights Up The Whole Room With Warmth! Wonderful Rayyan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Love this shot, Rayyan. What a wonderful smile!
    Rayyan: +1. That smile's infectious. Stunning color!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  7. #557
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A quiet day at the beach. Cheers, Matt.

    D7000; 28-300mm; 42mm; 1/800s @ f/15; ISO 1000


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    This Is The Life! Everything Flow's In A Peaceful,Relaxing Manner. Nice Grab King KaMattyMaya!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post

    Haruki BW by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 with 50mm f/1.8
    What A Beauty!

  8. #558
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Vlad: Huhh?? Diamond encrusted padlock? Nicely photographed. Don't let Lindsey Lohan near it!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  9. #559
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    The bananas for the monkeys which roam this forest. Luckily, my guide and me chose to bypass a trek through the vast and lush forest.

    This lady was something else. Too good to pass up on this opportunity..
    What the guys said, Rayyan: warm, genuine, wonderful smile and perfect capture!


    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A quiet day at the beach. Cheers, Matt.

    D7000; 28-300mm; 42mm; 1/800s @ f/15; ISO 1000
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Lots of depth. Very nicely composed Matt!


    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Something for your wives to lust after. A $200,000+ Hermes Birkin.

    Hope they at least offer a "P" option available for an extra couple of dozen thou for shopping pros...

    (btw makes me think of an old saying in the pool billiards industry: "if you put a diamond insert on a broom, it'll make an expensive broom -not a better cue stick")



    Peter: another nice catch of the black cat

  10. #560
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Rayyan: +1. That smile's infectious. Stunning color!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    What the guys said, Rayyan: warm, genuine, wonderful smile and perfect capture!
    Matt, Corlan, a very big thank you to you guys.

  11. #561
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A quiet day at the beach. Cheers, Matt.

    D7000; 28-300mm; 42mm; 1/800s @ f/15; ISO 1000


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, as Steve so precisely said..this is the life!! What with the wife out shopping for the $200k bag. You, your M9 and the lux 24, under a shaded tree
    with a nice...umm cold milk shake. Yep..this the life sir!!

  12. #562
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    No, this is not the same. From the other side of the pillar.


  13. #563
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Shot this one today while giving a workshop on long exposure motion photography....


    Light and Motion by PeteTsai, on Flickr

  14. #564
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by petetsai View Post
    Shot this one today while giving a workshop on long exposure motion photography....
    Great result!! Very fun technique.

  15. #565
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    No, this is not the same. From the other side of the pillar.
    I like this perspective, and change in the point of focus. Together, the shots tell more of the story. And, I'm so impressed with your skin tones. Spot on perfect!!

  16. #566
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1971

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Rayyan, Pete, Excellent

  17. #567
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I like this perspective, and change in the point of focus. Together, the shots tell more of the story. And, I'm so impressed with your skin tones. Spot on perfect!!
    Lloyd, gracias senor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Rayyan, Pete, Excellent
    Jorgen, thanks. When's the next pit stop!

    Guys thank you.

  18. #568
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1971

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    Jorgen, thanks. When's the next pit stop!
    Not until the end of the month, so your love for racing-cars will have to wait until then
    I hope this somewhat related photo can help ease the pain until then

    D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2


  19. #569
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    No, this is not the same. From the other side of the pillar.
    CENTER][/CENTER]
    Admirable Focus For Putting On Make Up!Rayyan, Same For You With Regards To Photography Of Course!

    Quote Originally Posted by petetsai View Post
    Shot this one today while giving a workshop on long exposure motion photography....


    Light and Motion by PeteTsai, on Flickr
    Perfect Pete!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Not until the end of the month, so your love for racing-cars will have to wait until then
    I hope this somewhat related photo can help ease the pain until then

    D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2

    So sharp,colorful & cute Jorgen!!!

  20. #570
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Admirable Focus For Putting On Make Up!Rayyan, Same For You With Regards To Photography Of Course!
    Steve, thank you. Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post

    Not until the end of the month, so your love for racing-cars will have to wait until then
    I hope this somewhat related photo can help ease the pain until then
    Jorgen, Vrrrrooooommmm!!

  21. #571
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Very Pretty Candids Jorgen!


    Matt ~ Thanks, I didn't even notice the faces and expressions on the 2 little girls until afterwards, I really liked how a little light spilled on her face and the face that she was looking to the right.

    Lloyd, Jorgen, & Steve - thank you very much!

  22. #572
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    So sharp,colorful & cute Jorgen!!!
    Plus 1 from here.

  23. #573
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    What a great page! Is it my imagination or is everyone here getting better? Thanks to everyone for the inspiring images.

  24. #574
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    What a great page! Is it my imagination or is everyone here getting better? Thanks to everyone for the inspiring images.
    Tim, thank you for the kind words. It is your imagination!

  25. #575
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


  26. #576
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Splash! Looks refreshing Rayyan! All the water around here is frozen!

    And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.

  27. #577
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Splash! Looks refreshing Rayyan! All the water around here is frozen!

    And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.
    True dat! That really is one of the under-appreciated, low-cost gems. I loaned my son my 50/1.4D, and then bought him the 1.8 as a replacement. He was a little disappointed when I gave it to him, but he called me a few days later and raved about the performance of the lens. I don't think you could pry it out of his hand now.

  28. #578
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1971

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is really a steal. Even the bokeh is surprisingly pleasant most of the time. It can be used for taking photos of girls

    D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0



    ... or salads for those on a healthier diet

    D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0


  29. #579
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Those are gorgeous images, Jorgen. And that's a particularly attractive young woman in that first one. (You know, that salad ain't bad either! )

  30. #580
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1971

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    You know Lloyd, experience strongly indicates that going for the salad makes the most sense. On the other hand, there's always a chance that the world has changed, nullifying anything previously learned

  31. #581
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Experience is the best teacher, Jorgen. I think you're right about the salad.

  32. #582
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    This is an impressive image on several levels. There is a powerful sense of motion associated with it, despite the fact that it is a 2-dementional, static image. The composition of the shot adds to that feeling. Additionally, the color of the water is startling... what an amazing blue. Also, there is an almost abstract quality here, which is most strongly conveyed to me by the spray in the air, and the matching white foam on the water. Together the image almost takes on a sense of something quite beyond what is seen at first blush. I kind of sensed that when I first looked at it, but it came more strongly with repeated viewing. Very interesting work.

  33. #583
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    This is an impressive image on several levels. There is a powerful sense of motion associated with it, despite the fact that it is a 2-dementional, static image. The composition of the shot adds to that feeling. Additionally, the color of the water is startling... what an amazing blue. Also, there is an almost abstract quality here, which is most strongly conveyed to me by the spray in the air, and the matching white foam on the water. Together the image almost takes on a sense of something quite beyond what is seen at first blush. I kind of sensed that when I first looked at it, but it came more strongly with repeated viewing. Very interesting work.
    Lloyd, I am grateful to you for taking of your time to provide me with your
    kind comments.

    Indeed sir, I visited this place for many hours at a time, many times. I felt
    something, I don't know what..but I would come back again. Nice, serene village. One just heard the waves crashing on the rocks.

    Thank you very much my friend.

  34. #584
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Splash! Looks refreshing Rayyan! All the water around here is frozen!

    And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.
    Tim, thanks. Indeed, that 50/1.8 is one of the best values anywhere!

    But I want to hurry here, to see what Jorgen does with that lens!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is really a steal. Even the bokeh is surprisingly pleasant most of the time. It can be used for taking photos of girls

    D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0



    ... or salads for those on a healthier diet
    Ah yes..the salad and the lens. Very appetizing indeed my friend. Very!

  35. #585
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Only one week offline (took the chance for a little bit of nordic skiing before spring will hopefully arrive soon) and much too many extraordinary pictures to quote and comment in particular; simply great stuff from all of you - thanks for sharing!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.


    Tim: As Lloyd, Jørgen and Rayyan already stated, truely a steal that lens, though some pros and cons (as with each other lens).

    So here are two more examples (in order to show the the limitations/drawbacks as well - and for sure also those of the photographer):


    "Herald of Spring"


    D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/2.8



    "Bonjour Tristesse"


    D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f|2.2


    Thank you for your interest and best regards.
    Best regards - Hermann

  36. #586
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Hermann: I love the first bus station shot. The kid's look makes it for me.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

    Cheers, Matt
    Matt: Thank you for your kind comment and you just pointed out what I was after!
    Best regards - Hermann

  37. #587
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Only one week offline (took the chance for a little bit of nordic skiing before spring will hopefully arrive soon) and much too many extraordinary pictures to quote and comment in particular; simply great stuff from all of you - thanks for sharing!!!


    Tim: As Lloyd, Jørgen and Rayyan already stated, truely a steal that lens, though some pros and cons (as with each other lens).

    So here are two more examples (in order to show the the limitations/drawbacks as well - and for sure also those of the photographer):

    Thank you for your interest and best regards.
    Not seeing any "limitations/drawbacks" on the photographer's part here. Nice work Hermann. (BTW, we also spent the weekend Nordic skiing. I'm stiff and sore today!)

  38. #588
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    You folks are way ahead of me (as usual) re: the 50mm. And obviously making excellent use of it (nice shots Hermann and Jorgen). Although I should have gone for the optional, patented, Jorgen "Girl Magnet" lens shade.

    We're right in the middle of the kind of weather I hate the most. 30 degrees F and rain. It builds on the trees and eventually limbs and trees come crashing down. Often taking the power lines with them.

    This is everywhere!


    Best,
    Tim

  39. #589
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Not seeing any "limitations/drawbacks" on the photographer's part here. Nice work Hermann. (BTW, we also spent the weekend Nordic skiing. I'm stiff and sore today!)
    Lloyd: Re: "I'm stiff and sore today!" As I understand, that's the aim of exercise, isn't it!?


    And then again some fond memories:


    D 700, 70 - 300 mm/4.5-5.6 G @ 125 mm & f/9


    And one more from my "rented" front porch


    D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8 G @ 20mm & f/5


    Thank you for your interest und best regards.
    Best regards - Hermann

  40. #590
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Lloyd: Re: "I'm stiff and sore today!" As I understand, that's the aim of exercise, isn't it!?


    And then again some fond memories:


    D 700, 70 - 300 mm/4.5-5.6 G @ 125 mm & f/9


    And one more from my "rented" front porch


    D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8 G @ 20mm & f/5


    Thank you for your interest und best regards.
    Hi Hermann. Well, I'm not sure it's the aim, but it's certainly often the result.

    Really nice shots, and a spectacular setting.

  41. #591
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    You folks are way ahead of me (as usual) re: the 50mm. And obviously making excellent use of it (nice shots Hermann and Jorgen). Although I should have gone for the optional, patented, Jorgen "Girl Magnet" lens shade.

    We're right in the middle of the kind of weather I hate the most. 30 degrees F and rain. It builds on the trees and eventually limbs and trees come crashing down. Often taking the power lines with them.

    This is everywhere!

    Best,
    Tim
    Tim: I'm absolutely confident, that we won't have to show you, how to enjoy your new lens. A very nice close-up!
    Best regards - Hermann

  42. #592
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Delightful,Refreshing & Still 4 Months Away For Us In Boston!

  43. #593
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post

    And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is really a steal. Even the bokeh is surprisingly pleasant most of the time. It can be used for taking photos of girls

    D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0



    ... or salads for those on a healthier diet

    D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

    How True Tim & Jorgen Proves It Constantly!

  44. #594
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    You folks are way ahead of me (as usual) re: the 50mm. And obviously making excellent use of it (nice shots Hermann and Jorgen). Although I should have gone for the optional, patented, Jorgen "Girl Magnet" lens shade.

    We're right in the middle of the kind of weather I hate the most. 30 degrees F and rain. It builds on the trees and eventually limbs and trees come crashing down. Often taking the power lines with them.

    This is everywhere!


    Best,
    Tim
    Nice!

  45. #595
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Only one week offline (took the chance for a little bit of nordic skiing before spring will hopefully arrive soon) and much too many extraordinary pictures to quote and comment in particular; simply great stuff from all of you - thanks for sharing!!!






    Tim: As Lloyd, Jørgen and Rayyan already stated, truely a steal that lens, though some pros and cons (as with each other lens).

    So here are two more examples (in order to show the the limitations/drawbacks as well - and for sure also those of the photographer):


    "Herald of Spring"


    D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/2.8



    "Bonjour Tristesse"


    D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f|2.2


    Thank you for your interest and best regards.
    This lens & these images look pretty fantastic to me!

  46. #596
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Lloyd: Re: "I'm stiff and sore today!" As I understand, that's the aim of exercise, isn't it!?


    And then again some fond memories:


    D 700, 70 - 300 mm/4.5-5.6 G @ 125 mm & f/9


    And one more from my "rented" front porch


    D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8 G @ 20mm & f/5


    Thank you for your interest und best regards.
    Very nice Hermann!

  47. #597
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Hi guy's,

    I am relatively new here but have been a very keen follower of this forum.

    Love the Nikon. Been using nikon for a long time and will post some pics very soon for your viewing.

    Sincerely,

    B

  48. #598
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by bahr View Post
    Hi guy's,

    I am relatively new here but have been a very keen follower of this forum.

    Love the Nikon. Been using nikon for a long time and will post some pics very soon for your viewing.

    Sincerely,

    B
    Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to those pics!

  49. #599
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Being a noob to this forum i thought i should make a reasonable selection of my work for
    everyone.

    I am a freelancer based in Dubai but born and lived in Scotland most of my life.

    Images are shot on D2xs and the lovely new D3x (joyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

  50. #600
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    i think i'm uploading the images using a bad technique....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •