Site Sponsors
Page 132 of 246 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,600 of 12283

Thread: Fun with Nikon Images

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

I'm just starting to process stuff from NY last week but thought I would post this one since its from the Tammy 24-70 lens at 70mm ISO 200 at 2.8

Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A new edit after 5 weeks on the subway with the d800.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Thorkil...here's the specs...22mm, 5.6 @1/100 sec. 64 ISO hand held. Colors were quite unusual which is what i liked here. Eleanor

[QUOTE=Thorkil;450111]
    Quote Originally Posted by eleanorbrown View Post
    The Fall colors in Summit County, Colorado this year are incredible...These two were taken today...with drizzle in deep woods on Boreas Pass road, south of Breckenridge, CO ..Mountains were in the clouds and this high road had unusual colors. It had rained yesterday and all night and some of today and the colors were saturated. D800e and 14-24 lens. Eleanor
    QUOTE]

Wonderful pictures Eleanor. At which aperture and speed?
    Thorkil
    Eleanor Brown
    http://www.eleanorbrown.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Pramote...I have never had a better day for shooting fall color...anywhere... Rain and drizzle for almost two days, clouds on the mountains..everything was soaked and saturated, even the aspen bark and leaves on the ground. The colors were very unusual in places as in these two images. I drove many places in summit county for about 5 hours and got lots of stuff, my 800e got soaked just from shooting out the car window! I'm getting ready to send back the zeiss 18mm that I decided to order to try. Did extensive comparison testing all one afternoon with my 14-24 and came to the conclusion the only advantage for me was the light weight of the Zeiss. I found myself wishing I had my 14-24 on camera instead despite the bulk. My 14-24 is incredible and I was glad I had it on camera yesterday as I used all focal lengths.

Now, after seeing your Acadia work I am definitely going to have to make a trip up there! Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Landscapelover View Post
    Very beautiful Eleanor! Colors are amazing.
    Pramote

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Pramote...I have never had a better day for shooting fall color...anywhere... Rain and drizzle for almost two days, clouds on the mountains..everything was soaked and saturated, even the aspen bark and leaves on the ground. The colors were very unusual in places as in these two images. I drove many places in summit county for about 5 hours and got lots of stuff, my 800e got soaked just from shooting out the car window! I'm getting ready to send back the zeiss 18mm that I decided to order to try. Did extensive comparison testing all one afternoon with my 14-24 and came to the conclusion the only advantage for me was the light weight of the Zeiss. I found myself wishing I had my 14-24 on camera instead despite the bulk. My 14-24 is incredible and I was glad I had it on camera yesterday as I used all focal lengths.

Now, after seeing your Acadia work I am definitely going to have to make a trip up there! Eleanor
    Thanks Eleanor! You will find out the Acadia is well worth to visit. Please let me know if I can share my experience.
    I am sorry about the Zeiss 18mm. I think the choice of lens is "personality". That's why people are different. That's why our photos are not the same. It's not the lens, it's a "Vision". Please don't stop using the 14-24, your pictures are amazing. Will you sell yours to me?
    At least, you will love your 14-24mm more and more and it doesn't matter what people would say
    Pramote

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pramote the thing that was really difficult for me with the 18 zeiss was the focusing. I had to rely on the green focus dot in the camera and unlike my zeiss 100 makro, the green dot in the 18mm would stay on while I moved the focus ring back and forth a bit so getting exact focus was challenging at best. I could get exact focus with magnified view in live view on a tripod but I wanted the lens for handholding primarily. With the 14-24 i use auto focus all the time and I have it calibrated very well for viewfinder focusing in camera. Eleanor

Thanks Eleanor! You will find out the Acadia is well worth to visit. Please let me know if I can share my experience.
    I am sorry about the Zeiss 18mm. I think the choice of lens is "personality". That's why people are different. That's why our photos are not the same. It's not the lens, it's a "Vision". Please don't stop using the 14-24, your pictures are amazing. Will you sell yours to me?
    At least, you will love your 14-24mm more and more and it doesn't matter what people would say
    Pramote

Workshop & Subscriber Member manouch shirzad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Stephens View Post
    I love that image Manouch.
    Bryan, thanks a lot for the kind words.
    Best,
    ________
    Manouch

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Few more from my drive with the D800e yesterday to shoot some fall color near Breckenridge, Colorado. First two taken with the 85 1.4 and the last one with the 14-24 lenses. Eleanor

Eleanor Brown
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pramote the thing that was really difficult for me with the 18 zeiss was the focusing. I had to rely on the green focus dot in the camera and unlike my zeiss 100 makro, the green dot in the 18mm would stay on while I moved the focus ring back and forth a bit so getting exact focus was challenging at best. I could get exact focus with magnified view in live view on a tripod but I wanted the lens for handholding primarily. With the 14-24 i use auto focus all the time and I have it calibrated very well for viewfinder focusing in camera. Eleanor
    Eleanor, but don't you think the 14-24 is smearing quit a lot in the corners?
    But yes AF is also a strong issue for me, for fast and handheld handling. But I gues the Zeis 18 was sharper to look at? Of your beautiful last 3, the top, 85, has a lot of splendid perspective, and I think the last, 14-24mm, is somewhat soft in buttom-corners? I must admit I had dumped the lens(14-24), but your enthusiasm do that I might give it another seriously try.
    Thorkil

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park, ME
    Nikon D800E; Zeiss 18mm f/3.5; Lee 0.6 GND; Lee CPL filter.
    Last edited by Landscapelover; 14th September 2012 at 10:56.
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Fun with Nikon Images

Making do with the measly 12mp...how passť.

Between Friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park, ME
    Nikon D800E and Zeiss 18mm f/3.5.
    Pramote,

Excellent image. Sharp from foreground to background. I'm curious about where your focus point was in this image. And how you determined white balance. It's a challenging scene, and one you nailed. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Pramote,

Excellent image. Sharp from foreground to background. I'm curious about where your focus point was in this image. And how you determined white balance. It's a challenging scene, and one you nailed. Thanks for sharing.

Joe
    Thanks very much Joe for your kind words.
    I've almost always set up the WB as either daylight or auto. I am not very serious as I can always adjust the Kevin again in PS as long as I can remember the scene.
    The light was already very good and I made only minor adjustment. You can see from the clouds which filtrated the sunlight. It's fantastic for rocks. I believe I also used the CPL filter (105mm) in front of the standard Lee holder.
    I believe I used hyperfocal distance and live view (because my main elements are the granite rocks) although this lens is always sharp all the way from few feet to infinity with f/16-22 and infinity focus.
    I hope you have a great time in ME. The Acadia is a very beautiful place.
    Pramote

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Passť not! More camera than most people need! Very nice shot too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Thorkil, my 14-24 is surprisingly sharp in the corners. I have been looking carefully at the corners on these recent shots of fall color and the corners are really sharp, especially at f8. I spent the whole afternoon doing extensive comparison testing of my 14-24 and Z18. Scenes in my house and garage where there was no wind to blur the shots..fabrics, garage wall with fishing gear, snowshoes, skies, etc..(lots of very detailed stuff)...all on tripod focused carefully magnified live view with both lenses...sometimes the corners were a tad better with the Zeiss, sometimes with the 14-24. used same f stop (f5.6 or f8). Corners of the Zeiss were dark compared to the Nikon and the Nikon image had a tad more pop to it and in some cases equal or better micro contrast. In some cases the shots were pretty equal in IQ with both lenses. Then I went outdoors with the camera and lenses handheld and shot stuff around my home from shots of our jeep to shots of aspens, etc...just stuff. This is where I had issues with focusing through the viewfinder with close up things with the Zeiss. I used auto focus with the 14-24. I loved the size and weight of the Zeiss and that was a huge attraction but in the end I really missed having the 14mm end of the zoom so at least for now, will be using 14-24. Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Eleanor, but don't you think the 14-24 is smearing quit a lot in the corners?
    But yes AF is also a strong issue for me, for fast and handheld handling. But I gues the Zeis 18 was sharper to look at? Of your beautiful last 3, the top, 85, has a lot of splendid perspective, and I think the last, 14-24mm, is somewhat soft in buttom-corners? I must admit I had dumped the lens(14-24), but your enthusiasm do that I might give it another seriously try.
    Thorkil
    Last edited by eleanorbrown; 14th September 2012 at 18:12.
    Eleanor Brown
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mt.Evans, Idaho Springs, CO
    Nikon D800E; Zeiss 18mm f/3.5; Lee 0.6 GND
    Last edited by Landscapelover; 15th September 2012 at 01:09.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Thorkil, my 14-24 is surprisingly sharp in the corners. I have been looking carefully at the corners on these recent shots of fall color and the corners are really sharp, especially at f8. I spent the whole afternoon doing extensive comparison testing of my 14-24 and Z18. Scenes in my house and garage where there was no wind to blur the shots..fabrics, garage wall with fishing gear, snowshoes, skies, etc..(lots of very detailed stuff)...all on tripod focused carefully magnified live view with both lenses...sometimes the corners were a tad better with the Zeiss, sometimes with the 14-24. used same f stop (f5.6 or f8). Corners of the Zeiss were dark compared to the Nikon and the Nikon image had a tad more pop to it and in some cases equal or better micro contrast. In some cases the shots were pretty equal in IQ with both lenses. Then I went outdoors with the camera and lenses handheld and shot stuff around my home from shots of our jeep to shots of aspens, etc...just stuff. This is where I had issues with focusing through the viewfinder with close up things with the Zeiss. I used auto focus with the 14-24. I loved the size and weight of the Zeiss and that was a huge attraction but in the end I really missed having the 14mm end of the zoom so at least for now, will be using 14-24. Eleanor
    Thank you very much Eleanor(!) For spending time doing such a carefully review of the two lenses! You are right about the light on the 14-24, corner to corner, same clear light all over. But I might have got hold of a bad example. But I can borough the Zeiss 18mm in a store in Copenhagen for some hours, so I have to do some testing as you did. I got mine adjusted by Nikon including a free fine tune to the 800E. And I must admit I love to have such a wide range at disposal, and yes, doing handhold without AF would be annoying, unless you just rely on guessing with prefocus and f.8
    Thanks
    Thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I got my Nikon 24mm F2.8D lens and Nikon 20mm F2.8D lenses. And I could take few shots just before rain with the 20mm F2.8D. Took the picture of the river Periyar, flowing next to my house.

_DSC2598_small by oamkumar, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Passť not! More camera than most people need! Very nice shot too!
    Hi Lloyd.

Thanks pal. Seems 10-12 mp is the limit I can carry!!

Best regards to you and yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh my! Gorgeous color! Where on mt Evans did you shoot this? What are we going to do until the high road opens again next may!? ;-(...Eleanor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great shot as always. I don't want to be Mr. bad guy but I think there is a dirt sport at 11 o'clock either on the sensor or the lense which is also at the same spot in the previous photo (or maybe a stationary eagle 5 miles high ).

Greetings, Jurgen

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved the originals, Frankie, but this is outstanding.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ckhfrankie View Post
    Perfect Moment
    D3s + AFs 200mm f/2G ED VRII
    Perfect moment, perfectly captured.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Summit Lake, Mount Evans, Idaho Springs, CO
    That is a stunner, Pramote.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jurgen: I've tried two different computers, and reloaded the page multiple times, but I can't get the "dynamic/motion" or "Zoom!!" Shots to fully load. What I can see looks cool. Wish I could see the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jurgen: I've tried two different computers, and reloaded the page multiple times, but I can't get the "dynamic/motion" or "Zoom!!" Shots to fully load. What I can see looks cool. Wish I could see the rest.
    Hi Lloyd,

that's weird - I did nothing else than before, meaning I uploaded the photos on photobucket and right now I am at work and even with our crappy PC's here I can see it.....anyway, I try to upload it here:

Greetings, Jurgen

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Hi Lloyd,

that's weird - I did nothing else than before, meaning I uploaded the photos on photobucket and right now I am at work and even with our crappy PC's here I can see it.....anyway, I try to upload it here:

Greetings, Jurgen
    Thanks Jurgen, I appreciate you going to that much trouble. And, it's a great image. Nicely done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Jurgen, I appreciate you going to that much trouble. And, it's a great image. Nicely done.
    Hi Lloyd,

thank you very much, I really appreciate it. No worries about the trouble....small step for me, one giant leap...

Can you see the photo with the plasma ball ?
    Last edited by Magic; 15th September 2012 at 16:33. Reason: forgot something

Post Thanks / Like

From the Monterey "Art in the Adobes" event:

More from Monterey here:

Monterey - Digital Outback Photo
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another visit today with the D800e and Zeiss 100 makro lens to the 1800's restored mining town. South Park City, CO. A little different interpretation as I like images that have an abstract feel. First image taken in the old restored Pharmacy and the second, in the old postoffice and the last one of an old antique lantern. Eleanor

Eleanor Brown

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Between Friends
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One of my first shots with the D800:

Greetings, Jurgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fountain inside the Dubai Mall:

Greetings, Jurgen
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Time !

(trying out the 105/s.8 micro)

Greetings, Jurgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

D700, 24-70/2.8

Greetings, Jurgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Inside the Empire State:

Greetings, Jurgen

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh my! Gorgeous color! Where on mt Evans did you shoot this? What are we going to do until the high road opens again next may!? ;-(...Eleanor
    Thanks Eleanor if was in AM after the sunrise at the Summit Lake. I will miss Mt. Evan. You're right, I will miss Mount Evans...Until next year. Pramote

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great shot as always. I don't want to be Mr. bad guy but I think there is a dirt sport at 11 o'clock either on the sensor or the lense which is also at the same spot in the previous photo (or maybe a stationary eagle 5 miles high ).

Greetings, Jurgen
    Thanks Jurgen! It's a sensor.
    I've never cleaned it! My bad!
    Pramote
    Last edited by Landscapelover; 16th September 2012 at 07:55.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is a stunner, Pramote.
    Thanks Lloyd! I really appreciate it. Pramote

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Denver. Viewed from Mt. Evans, Idaho Springs, CO.
    Nikon D800E; Zeiss 18mm f/3.5. Just before sunrise.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bar Harbour, ME
    It was raining.
    Nikon D800E; Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; Stitching and crop on the sides. The photo was > 1:4 ratio. Now it is in 6X17 format.
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bar Harbour, ME
    It was raining.
    Nikon D800E; Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; Stitching and crop on the sides. The photo was > 1:4 ratio. Now it is in 6X17 format.
    Love it.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ckhfrankie View Post
    Jorgen, you are quite familiar with HK's geography...! I took it near Fei Ngo Shan...!!
    Thank you. Never been up there, but found it on the map. Have to go there on my next visit

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayyan: That's a special, respectful image. Thank you for sharing.

Jurgen: Cool shots. Are you in NY now? I was there all last week. We put a group of forum members together for some shooting one day. Would have loved to have you join us.

Pramote: Another winner. You seem to have a special relationship with that mountain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Jurgen! It's a sensor.
    I've never cleaned it! My bad!
    Pramote
    Hi Pramote,

no problem, you are welcome...maybe I have become a bit "hyper" regarding sensor dust, resulting in the "Sensor Cleaning Thread"

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rayyan: That's a special, respectful image. Thank you for sharing.

Jurgen: Cool shots. Are you in NY now? I was there all last week. We put a group of forum members together for some shooting one day. Would have loved to have you join us.

Pramote: Another winner. You seem to have a special relationship with that mountain.
    Thanks very much Lloyd! Mount Evans is not far from my home at all (56 miles from Denver). It is a highest paved road in North America (14, 265 Ft). I was there many times with my family. My kids love the mountain goats and it is the only place to see them. I know this place like my fingers.
    Due to high elevation, the sky has never been the same. When I went there, I moved from one place to the others and I can shoot all day. The same is for Rocky Mountain National Park.
    Pramote

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Lloyd,

the photos are from 2009 when we were in New York. I wish I was in NY now or even better could have attended that meeting you mentioned but "unfortunately" I am in the sandpit in Dubai / Abu Dhabi.
    We will go to San Francisco, Las Vegas / Grand Canyon and maybe also Los Angeles early December.

btw - off topic, I heard/read so many negative stories about LA -would you recommend to go there for a couple of days or should we skip it and spend more time at the other destinations ? (knowing that this is of course is a question of personal experience/opinion)

Greetings, Jurgen
    Last edited by Magic; 16th September 2012 at 09:54. Reason: gramar

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Pramote,

no problem, you are welcome...maybe I have become a bit "hyper" regarding sensor dust, resulting in the "Sensor Cleaning Thread"
    Thanks Jurgen! I've cleaned my IQ180 back all the time as it is so easy.
    When it comes to DSLR, I always have a problem, thanks for your post.
    Pramote