The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

routlaw

Lloyd superb work here, and very fun pictures. You really seem to have this new D3s of yours dialed in these days. Great color, dynamic range et al!

Matt love the second bear photo, have never seen this sort of "head shot" before. Well done!

Rob

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, this set is just outstanding. And i'll second Rob's remarks on the technical side. Impressive. Re the specific shots, while agreeing with Hermann on the last one, my personal favorite, for the full composition enhanced with geometric elements and proportions, sense of levity, rich colors, but before all for the great relative place of Smokey and our friend from base 51. Not only a splendid photo, but lot of fun, too. :toocool: :thumbs:

(great text, too)

Jorgen: don't really know what to say other than before: amazing panning shots. Big Cola is my favorite -and not only because of the technical mastery involved.

Matt: no Roswell fellow, and different kind of Smokey's here. First one's real good, but... this second one is absolutely awesome. Movement, expression, composition, colors, detail; everything's spot on. Nat Geo material or even better, seriously. I want a print. In fact, the whole family wants a print.

(how could you have overlooked this one till now btw?)

shtarka1

Balloonist's Prayer

May the winds welcome you with softness.
May the sun bless you with its warm hands.
May you fly so high and so well that God
joins you in laughter and sets you gently
back into the loving arms of Mother Earth.

From the Panguitch Valley Balloon Rally last weekend. All with the D3s, 28-70/2.8
Awesome & Amen Brotha!

dmeckert

LOVE the balloon shots lloyd. really gorgeous. simultaneously life-like and fantasy-like.

(and much love for the 28-70/2.8 too...they'll have to pry mine out of my hands like charlton heston and his guns. lol)

jbcrane

More discoveries in my grizzly files.
2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/1000s @ f/5.6; ISO 800

Hi Matt, great work on these. I especially like this one's facial expression and tilted head. It provides a sense of his, ur, personality. Really nice.

Balloonist's Prayer

Lloyd, love the color on these, but this last one satisfies my eye the best - the strong center of interest with a that levitational sense of depth is super. Great work.

Lloyd

Matt, Tim, Hermann, Rayyan, Rob, Corlan, Steve, Joe, David and John: Many thanks for your kind comments on my balloon rally shots. I had a great time doing the shoot, and even more fun sharing the results with you all.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
John, wonderfully composed, love the movement, the angle, the characters and shadows, the colors, the beam... everything, really. Spectacular photo!

And Happy 4th to all! :)

m_driscoll

Matt: Love both of them! The somehow subdued colors and the contrast are perfect in those (for my taste at least). And both of them capture great bearish "poses" :thumbs: .
Hermann: Thanks. :D I've been working on my pp a bit. Lot's to learn.

Matt, you should print a blurb of these bears. write a small story for kids to go along.
I think there could be benefit for all from this excellent collection.:thumbs:
And thanks, partner.
Rayyan: Thank you. Actually, I am "blurbing"; which is one of the reasons i'm going through the files and reprocessing.

...Matt love the second bear photo, have never seen this sort of "head shot" before. Well done!
Rob
Rob: Thanks! :D Good positioning with the zodiac.

Matt: no Roswell fellow, and different kind of Smokey's here. First one's real good, but... this second one is absolutely awesome. Movement, expression, composition, colors, detail; everything's spot on. Nat Geo material or even better, seriously. I want a print. In fact, the whole family wants a print.
(how could you have overlooked this one till now btw?)
Corlan: Thanks for the compliment! :D I owe you an email and i'll send an attachment.

Oh Yeah!:thumbs:
Matt - great Grizzly photos - love them both!
Cheers,
Steve/Joe: Gentlemen, thank you. :D

More discoveries in my grizzly files.
2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/1000s @ f/5.6; ISO 800
Hi Matt, great work on these. I especially like this one's facial expression and tilted head. It provides a sense of his, ur, personality. Really nice...
John: Thanks! I appreciate the comments.:D Also, welcome back.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

CNovick

Got A New Toy! I splurged and purchased one of those $275 650-2600mm lenses. Although this was a "party" weekend (no treks into the mountains), I was able to take some time to learn the lens. This is of the Athens lighthouse taken on the Hudson River in Athens, NY. (approx. 1/4 to 1/2 mile distance).

Status
Not open for further replies.