The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

The most striking feature of this thread is the sheer variety of excellent images beeing posted. Far too many for me to comment on individually since my last post, but I really must congratulate Lloyd on his last series, just outstanding!

Overdue (to put it mildly) here is the last installment of unseasonal images, the last one more recent to bring it up to date:)

Thank you, Arne. I really appreciate your comment.

This series of yours in terrific. (That last shot was a bit of surprise. Is that a winter blossom?) The dynamic range in the first shot is amazing. Love those clouds in the upper right.

rayyan

LOL!! i guess shrinkage is a universal problem then? :ROTFL:
Yes siree a universal problem.

A thousand curses on you Rayyan, isn't it winter yet? Let's go mountain climbing in th Alps.

The secret of mountaineers and why they do it. Shhh.

shtarka1

The most striking feature of this thread is the sheer variety of excellent images beeing posted. Far too many for me to comment on individually since my last post, but I really must congratulate Lloyd on his last series, just outstanding!

Overdue (to put it mildly) here is the last installment of unseasonal images, the last one more recent to bring it up to date:)

Nice To See You Arne & Gorgeous Set!

m_driscoll

dunno if its kosher to lead you guys to images via a link to a portfolio site...but i'll give it a shot. haha.

if you want to check out the whole series that goes with the last shot i posted, check it out here: http://dmeckert.4ormat.com/editorial

(i'm having a website built...but the designer has been awful to deal with so far, despite having a wonderful clean aesthetic...i'm planning on tinkering with 4ormat a bit in case i end up scrapping what she's done and filing a charge back)
David: Nice series of portraits on your website. I'd like to see more. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt. Much appreciated. It is pretty reminiscent... those were the days, eh? (No "mud wenches" joined us bad then. Too bad. Would have been a much more pleasant experience, right?)

Thank you David. I feel the same!

LOL! Yes, my wife noted, when she looked at my gallery from the day, that there seemed to be a predominance of pictures of mud wenches. Hmm... I wonder how that happened. :D
Lloyd: "Mud wenches" would have made it more fun (or, a lot harder?). Your wife noticed that? Huh! :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Arne Hvaring

Thank you, Arne. I really appreciate your comment.

This series of yours in terrific. (That last shot was a bit of surprise. Is that a winter blossom?) The dynamic range in the first shot is amazing. Love those clouds in the upper right.
Thank you LLoyd! First shot was taken with the ZF-II 21mm, great match with the D3x. The flower is called Lupin here, it grows both wild and cultivated and blossoms in spring/early summer. It's perhaps not easy to recognize immediately as it has been shot from an unusual angle and with a wide aperture.

Arne Hvaring

Steve, Matt: many thanks for the comments and feedback!
FWIW the third image is one of the first shots with my converted Leica Apo-Summicron 2/180 to Nikon mount. (Leitax)
Quite happy with the results from this combo, the lens draws in a slightly rounded," friendly" manner, yet delivers tons of detail with the D3x. Heavy beast though.

rayyan

Arne, beautiful photography. #1- #3 are my favorites, with #3 being gorgeous to me.

Regards.

viablex1

Meet Monica, Mimi's friend and work colleague. This shot is from last Saturday, just minutes after she finished "The Spartan Race", where she ran 8 miles through the hills of the Olympic XC skiing venue at Soldier Hollow.

Along the way, among other things (I only got shots of a few of the obstacles), she and about 2000 of her best friends:

Dragged or carried 75lb concrete blocks up a 22% grade, and then carried them back down again:

Crawled on their bellies for 30 yards, under barbed wire:

Jumped over fire (though some were genuinely terrified by this):

Negotiated (alone or with help) the water and mud hazards:

And then, fought their way past the Gladiators standing in front of the finishline:

Bloodied, but unbowed, they loved it:

All with the D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII
nice work man that bokeh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.