The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Since I'm in the food mood, here's another one from last week. No lights, but we did have a window table. Oh, and it's also a self portrait, upside down, but still :)

D300 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8

Lloyd

Since I'm in the food mood, here's another one from last week. No lights, but we did have a window table. Oh, and it's also a self portrait, upside down, but still :)

D300 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8
Great shot, Jorgen. And a nice, albeit subtle, selfie. Had you not mentioned the window light, I would have guessed a studio setting with a very large softbox. And, I'm sorry you have to get by on such meager fare. Hope you're not wasting away from starvation! :D

(Thanks for the comment on my shot, btw.)

Lloyd

Another version. Made this with the new update to Silver Efex Pro 2, which I just received today. I compared it to the same preset in the earlier version, and this is much better. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the conversion with the older version.

Lloyd

Thanks Graham. And I agree about the bubble blower thing... and I'll admit I tried it out a couple of times myself. ;)

bensonga

Summer is gone and Fall is nearly at it's peak here in southcentral Alaska. I uploaded a few images from the CF card in my D2X this past weekend and this one really sticks with me. This image was taken in August. I could easily go for an "endless summer" right about now....at least for a few years.

D2X and my 50mm f1.4 AIS lens....I'm still impressed with the combination of manual focus Nikkor lenses on the D2X.

Gary

shtarka1

Lloyd, 3 Dimensional Cuteness Captured At The Perfect Moment In Time! Love The Coversion! Congrats On SEP 2!

Gary, The AIS Lenses Are & Always Will Be Great Glass At Affordable Prices. Very Nice Patterns,Color & IQ!

Lloyd

Thanks Steve. I've had SEP2 for some time. This is just the first thing I've done with the new update.

dmeckert

silver efex is awesome.

i actually kept both versions alive...for specific reasons. version 2 creates better images, i think. BUT it cannot be used to create grain on a non-image layer (i.e., 50% gray soft light). you can see the pattern it uses, and its ugly. version one creates a nice layer of grain that doesn't artifact. this is useful when doing extensive retouch on an area, such as extreme liquify or reconstructing an area.

CNovick

Riding down a farm road in Schodack, NY (15 miles s. of Albany) I was hit by this scene of the sun and clouds as I came up over a hill.

etrigan63

Some shots from the International Ballet Fest 2011. I was asked to be one of the photographers covering the performances. I hope I am worthy.

The entire album can be viewed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.