Site Sponsors
Page 20 of 246 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 12270

Thread: Fun with Nikon Images

  1. #951
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4..

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.
    F5, 50G, Portra 400, Costco Scans

  2. #952
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    1.

    8.
    F5, 50G, Portra 400, Costco Scans
    Sweet set, cuz! Love these two especially. Looks like you got busted in that first one. Hope he didn't wail on you with his shillelagh!

    And that last one. I see you were trying to hide in plain sight! Yes, my eyes were distracted... just to the side of your head there. Distraction in abundance!!

  3. #953
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Hermann: Thanks you! The VR was generally reliable. The photographer wasn't.

    I'm a big fan of minimalist architectural interiors! I really like what you've been posting.

    DavidE on the Leica M Photo thread also posts some very cool WA modern architectural interiors. His are usually from Las Vegas; so, often "more is more" is the mantra.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Thanks a lot for the kind words and the comment! I know DavidE's pictures on the Leica thread and like them exceptionally. Since I'm a self-confessed WA-fan - while looking forward to my next trip to the USA - then, maybe, I also will be visiting LV (for that reason) - and Seattle anyway!
    Best regards - Hermann

  4. #954
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

    Very nice Hermann. That BMW world looks to be quite the place.
    Lloyd: Thanks! Though the cars aren't really up my alley (all the more their bikes ), the architecture of "BMW Welt" is IMHO well worth seeing.
    Best regards - Hermann

  5. #955
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Sweet set, cuz! Love these two especially. Looks like you got busted in that first one. Hope he didn't wail on you with his shillelagh!

    And that last one. I see you were trying to hide in plain sight! Yes, my eyes were distracted... just to the side of your head there. Distraction in abundance!!
    Steve: Exactly my vote as well - those are great!!!
    Best regards - Hermann

  6. #956
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Sweet set, cuz! Love these two especially. Looks like you got busted in that first one. Hope he didn't wail on you with his shillelagh!

    And that last one. I see you were trying to hide in plain sight! Yes, my eyes were distracted... just to the side of your head there. Distraction in abundance!!
    Lloyd, i think both these ladies put a Spell On Me! Thanks Bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Steve: Exactly my vote as well - those are great!!!
    Thanks My Friend!

  7. #957
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    exquisite!!
    Thank you sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan: Very cool. A lot of different elements to look at in this photo. Splendid IQ.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Cheers Matt.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Now Thats Some Focused Fun! Processing & Color Are At Maximum Standards Too Rayyan!
    Steve, talking about focus..further down I see you are more than within MFD!!

    Thanks a lot guys.

  8. #958
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    The past and the future in one shot. Very nice.
    Lloyd, thanks. Remembered my childhood days. But no bikes for me.

  9. #959
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post

    Rayyan: Undoubtedly Ayesha's philter did work wonders - so you should relay our acknowledgment for your convalescence and the impressing pictures you posted recently to her !

    So a few more from "BMW World" for your pleasure:


    Hope you like it (nevertheless) and thanks for your interest.
    Hermann. Thank you.

    I love European design in many things. Cars are no exception. The BMW World is a place really worth visiting. I am with you on that.

    Your photos do it justice.

  10. #960
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    8.

    F5, 50G, Portra 400, Costco Scans
    Numbers 2,3 are my favorite of this lovely set.

    To learn to focus is not a luxury but a necessity.
    That this is so is amply x 2 demonstrated by you.

    Thank you sensei san.

  11. #961
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    yeah shtarka1 very cool!!

    man dark in this place busted out a SB900


  12. #962
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Numbers 2,3 are my favorite of this lovely set.

    To learn to focus is not a luxury but a necessity.
    That this is so is amply x 2 demonstrated by you.

    Thank you sensei san.
    Much Obliged Rayyan!

  13. #963
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Numbers 2,3 are my favorite of this lovely set.

    To learn to focus is not a luxury but a necessity.
    That this is so is amply x 2 demonstrated by you.

    Thank you sensei san.
    Matt, You really get a sense of time gone by. Some poor soul actually slept on that thing with a cheesy mattress that stuck to it, back in the day. No matter what hapend, "Time Keeps On Ticking Into The Future", regardless! Nice image & processing!

  14. #964
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, You really get a sense of time gone by. Some poor soul actually slept on that thing with a cheesy mattress that stuck to it, back in the day. No matter what hapend, "Time Keeps On Ticking Into The Future", regardless! Nice image & processing!
    thanks man , that place is very different to say the least really can't believe I got permission, just remnants now.

    That is in the nursing quarters which is my favorite out there.

    Per routlaw I just got this book on the lab color space man what a book should have got it years ago. been trying out files out..

  15. #965
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Some more of the swimming grizzly bear. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 640


    3. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 500


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  16. #966
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    7.

    8.
    F5, 50G, Portra 400, Costco Scans
    Steve: Great set! These two stand out. The billboards (?), the young lady, and you are incredibly 3-dimensional. Excellent.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  17. #967
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, You really get a sense of time gone by. Some poor soul actually slept on that thing with a cheesy mattress that stuck to it, back in the day. No matter what hapend, "Time Keeps On Ticking Into The Future", regardless! Nice image & processing!
    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    thanks man , that place is very different to say the least really can't believe I got permission, just remnants now.

    That is in the nursing quarters which is my favorite out there.

    Per routlaw I just got this book on the lab color space man what a book should have got it years ago. been trying out files out..
    Matt: +1! Great, evocative, photos from that place.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  18. #968
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: Great set! These two stand out. The billboards (?), the young lady, and you are incredibly 3-dimensional. Excellent.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thank Matt & Actually Huge Photos Lining Lord & Taylor In Boston!

  19. #969
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Some more of the swimming grizzly bear. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 640




    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Powerful,Majestic,Heart-Thumping Shots Matt!

  20. #970
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Matt and Steve: Excellent wildlife shots! All kinds of critters out there, eh?

  21. #971
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Hermann. Thank you.

    I love European design in many things. Cars are no exception. The BMW World is a place really worth visiting. I am with you on that.

    Your photos do it justice.
    Rayyan: Thank you sir for the kind words!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Some more of the swimming grizzly bear. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: More great wildlife pictures!
    Best regards - Hermann

  22. #972
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Some more of the swimming grizzly bear. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, too close for comfort!! Lovely shots.

  23. #973
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


  24. #974
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    A little geometry with the 17-35.





    Best,
    Tim

  25. #975
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Rayyan: You sure have a way with texture. Really impressive.

    Tim: I never was very good at geometry, but this is lesson even I can understand. Nice work.

  26. #976
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Matt and Steve: Excellent wildlife shots! All kinds of critters out there, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    ...
    Matt: More great wildlife pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Powerful,Majestic,Heart-Thumping Shots Matt!
    Tim/Hermann/Steve: Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt, too close for comfort!! Lovely shots.
    Rayyan: Thanks! , They're just lovable and furry. I think the "wildlife" in Steve's last photo looked more dangerous!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  27. #977
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Rayyan: You sure have a way with texture. Really impressive.
    Tim: I never was very good at geometry, but this is lesson even I can understand. Nice work.
    Rayyan/Tim: +1, exactly what Lloyd said!

    Everybody: I love the variety in photos posted! here!!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  28. #978
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    This is the swimming bear before it got wet. It knew we were there and wasn't concerned. It, just, wanted to make sure there were no big grizzlies around.

    1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 800


    2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 900


    3. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1100


    I've been reprocessing some old photos and finding overlooked ones from this trip. I'm trying to get better color quality in the photos.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  29. #979
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    You're "Rayyanesque" Vision & Photography Should Be Distributed In Print Worlwide!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    A little geometry with the 17-35.





    Best,
    Tim
    Tim, Excellent Math!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    This is the swimming bear before it got wet. It knew we were there and wasn't concerned. It, just, wanted to make sure there were no big grizzlies around.

    1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 800


    2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 900



    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Keep These Rolling Off The Press! Love The Wood As A Background! Really Adds Nice Depth & Contrast To The Image! Im Still In Awe Of These Matt!

  30. #980
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    My idea of fun is to go out before sunrise in any weather and do some seascapes. Well 6am on Saturday morning it was raining cats and dogs and there was a 'dangerous' swell. Sounds perfect.

    These are of Ivo Rowe Pool, South Coogee (a suburb of Sydney)...


    Ivo Rowe n 1 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Got my feet a little wet after this one...


    Ivo Rowe n 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom. P.S. when are they going to make self-cleaning, non fogging lenses?

  31. #981
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    A black and white shot for a change.


    Laneways 4bw by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens.

  32. #982
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Peter, Gorgeous Seascapes! Tremendous IQ & Comps!
    The B&W Shot Is Now In My Top 10 Best Images File Of All Time! Man..I Love That! Bravo!

  33. #983
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Some Fishy Underworld..

    1.

    2.

    3.
    D3 Nikon 8mm 2.8

  34. #984
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    This is the swimming bear before it got wet. It knew we were there and wasn't concerned. It, just, wanted to make sure there were no big grizzlies around.

    I've been reprocessing some old photos and finding overlooked ones from this trip. I'm trying to get better color quality in the photos.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Well, clearly, it's working. Amazing quality here... and in the earlier set as well.

  35. #985
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan/Tim: +1, exactly what Lloyd said!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, thank you for the kind word.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Rayyan: You sure have a way with texture. Really impressive.]
    Lloyd, very much appreciated.


    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    You're "Rayyanesque" Vision & Photography Should Be Distributed In Print Worlwide!
    Steve..

    Guys a BBig

  36. #986
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Keep These Rolling Off The Press! Love The Wood As A Background! Really Adds Nice Depth & Contrast To The Image! Im Still In Awe Of These Matt!
    Matt, ++! from me too!! I am scared s**t of these things.

  37. #987
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Some Fishy Underworld..

    1.
    Steve, bears eat fish!! Matt shoots bears. You show us a fishy underworld!!
    Macabre is what I say!!

    But the ' mother ' sign makes it all human for me. Nicely framed with the fisheye.
    The bw processing is excellent, as usual I expect from you...

  38. #988
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post
    My idea of fun is to go out before sunrise in any weather and do some seascapes. Well 6am on Saturday morning it was raining cats and dogs and there was a 'dangerous' swell. Sounds perfect.

    These are of Ivo Rowe Pool, South Coogee (a suburb of Sydney)...

    Got my feet a little wet after this one...


    Ivo Rowe n 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom. P.S. when are they going to make self-cleaning, non fogging lenses?
    Nice ones Peter. Worth wet feet, I'd say.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post
    A black and white shot for a change.

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens.
    I liked the color version here, but I think I prefer the film noir feel of this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Some Fishy Underworld..

    3.
    D3 Nikon 8mm 2.8
    Very kewl all, Steve. This one speaks to me from an artistic perspective.

  39. #989
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Steve, bears eat fish!! Matt shoots bears. You show us a fishy underworld!!
    Macabre is what I say!!

    But the ' mother ' sign makes it all human for me. Nicely framed with the fisheye.
    The bw processing is excellent, as usual I expect from you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post



    Very kewl all, Steve. This one speaks to me from an artistic perspective.
    Rayyan & Lloyd, Thanks Very Much!!!

  40. #990
    Senior Member etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    From a recent portrait shoot.

    D700 + 24-70 f/2.8 + Metz 58N1 (off camera via cable) + reflector



    Comments welcome.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography | Sony 𝛼7 II - 2 Sony FE Zooms - Lots of Canon FD Glass | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS

  41. #991
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1964

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post
    My idea of fun is to go out before sunrise in any weather and do some seascapes. Well 6am on Saturday morning it was raining cats and dogs and there was a 'dangerous' swell. Sounds perfect.

    Got my feet a little wet after this one...


    Ivo Rowe n 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom. P.S. when are they going to make self-cleaning, non fogging lenses?
    Excellent

  42. #992
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1964

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    8.
    F5, 50G, Portra 400, Costco Scans
    This one is extremely cool

  43. #993
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    ...
    Keep These Rolling Off The Press! Love The Wood As A Background! Really Adds Nice Depth & Contrast To The Image! Im Still In Awe Of These Matt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Well, clearly, it's working. Amazing quality here... and in the earlier set as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt, ++! from me too!! I am scared s**t of these things.
    Steve/Lloyd/Rayyan: Thank you, gentlemen!

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #994
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    From a recent portrait shoot.

    D700 + 24-70 f/2.8 + Metz 58N1 (off camera via cable) + reflector

    Comments welcome.
    Really nice, Carlos. I like that the light falls of on the dress. It's a beautiful dress, but all that white would have overwhelmed the shot.

  45. #995
    Senior Member etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Thanks Lloyd. I was going for a fashion style of lighting for that shot, bringing out the subject while keeping the background dark in broad daylight. Kudos also to my two lovely assistants: the Mrs. on Shot Right with the flash handheld and our daughter on Shot Left with the silver reflector.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography | Sony 𝛼7 II - 2 Sony FE Zooms - Lots of Canon FD Glass | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS

  46. #996
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    Thanks Lloyd. I was going for a fashion style of lighting for that shot, bringing out the subject while keeping the background dark in broad daylight. Kudos also to my two lovely assistants: the Mrs. on Shot Right with the flash handheld and our daughter on Shot Left with the silver reflector.
    Well, it worked. And yes, congrats to your lovely assistants... can't do it without good help. (And see, you don't need no stinkin' MFDB!!)

    Now go to bed... it's LATE!

  47. #997
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post
    My idea of fun is to go out before sunrise in any weather and do some seascapes. Well 6am on Saturday morning it was raining cats and dogs and there was a 'dangerous' swell. Sounds perfect.

    These are of Ivo Rowe Pool, South Coogee (a suburb of Sydney)...

    Got my feet a little wet after this one...


    Ivo Rowe n 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom. P.S. when are they going to make self-cleaning, non fogging lenses?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post
    A black and white shot for a change.

    Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens.
    Peter: Sunrise? Isn't that 9:00 AM?
    Beautiful photos! Well worth getting up. The light and color in the first is sensational; the B & W has a really nice quality (Sydney, or, the "City" in London?); but, this one's my favorite. The strong horizon line and the water coming at you is cool.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  48. #998
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Some Fishy Underworld..

    1.

    D3 Nikon 8mm 2.8
    Steve: Living in an area with a long (by American standards) past gives you access to some very interesting cemeteries. The frame really adds to the image and the pp quality in this one. Nice.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  49. #999
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Really nice, Carlos. I like that the light falls of on the dress. It's a beautiful dress, but all that white would have overwhelmed the shot.
    Carlos: +1! Excellent portrait.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  50. #1000
    Senior Member etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Thanks Matt!

    Lloyd, I am still "on the fence" in that regard. I am wondering what the Nikon D4 will bring to the table. If it is a combo of the D3x (for image resolution) and the D3s (for ISO performance) and the price is within reason, I will be the first in line.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography | Sony 𝛼7 II - 2 Sony FE Zooms - Lots of Canon FD Glass | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •