The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Steve: Brilliant composition, IQ, and texture in "Fixable..."
Rayyan: 1) Another stellar portrait. Interesting look? 2) Nice vendor, hideout and iced tea. Now, i'm thirsty. PP's superb, as Lloyd said. 3) Model shoot!!! That's why i want to follow you. Stylishly composed and elegant photo. 4) The rice shot has a great asymmetrical balance (as did the model photo) 5) Incredible presentation of ______ (appetizers/snacks?) 6) the flowers with the rice paddies is great. 7) Beautiful ending photo. Smooth.
Joe: "Joycean" in narrative and image. Well done!
Steve: 1) "Faces of Wisdom"...great series. 2) Beautiful photo of the mother and two girls!
Grady: Great series!
Peter: Nice composition with the kitty!
through post #307

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Rob: Nice shots of Ft. Morgan!
Steve: "Bruin" in steam - brassai-like! Wonderful.
Lloyd: 1) Several notches above the D3 was my impression too. Better senor, among other improvements. 2) Excellent sports action shot! She's got long legs.
Jorgen: 1) Well done Press conference shots. 2) "Applause" is very cool: pattern, color, rhythm, expressions. 3) "Red Dance" is brilliantly composed and captured! 4) nice colors in "Fuel Stop" 5) pit stop timing doesn't appear to be too important?
Matt: Crazy, Cool Macro! (or, did I just read that somewhere?). The second one, also!
Rayyan: 1) Thanks for sharing Ayesha's photos. Congratulations to her! 2) Astonishing temple! Is it accessed at low tide? 3) The temple water shot's terrific. 4-5,7-8, 10) You have the soul and empathy of a true artist. 6) rich colors in the rice paddy. 9) perfect juxtaposition and rhythm in the makeup photo 11) It's a jungle out there. 12) Fantastic costumes! Must have been something to see.
pete: Nice work!!!
Tim: Congrats on the D700. I'm waiting fort the D800 at the moment. Terrific photos. Not sure about the doggie jail, though? If you're shooting RAW, the "vivid" etc. settings don't matter ( I read on and Corlan already said that 11 hours ago!) (and 8 hours ago you figured it out!) (the hazards of reading from old to new)
Ayesha: Gorgeous photo!

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayyan: wonderful classic B&W portrait from Ayesha :thumbs:
Corlan, thanks.

Gentlemen....Outstanding,Admirable Work!!!:salute:
Steve, thanks a bunch.

Rayyan: 1) I probably would have had more fun if you were with me in Hawaii. My wife was at her conference most of the time. Hope you enjoyed my dance!
2) Surf's up in Bali! I'm with you on the "beach scene".
3) The bamboo musical instrument photo's colors are super. "Gamelan"?
4) Terrific light and contrast in the fisherman photo
5) One thing Mies Van der Rohe had right (that detail thing), along with "Less is more".
6) A chocolate wouldn't make such a nice photo

(up to post #249)

Cheers, Matt

Cheers, Matt
Rayyan: 1) Another stellar portrait. Interesting look? 2) Nice vendor, hideout and iced tea. Now, i'm thirsty. PP's superb, as Lloyd said. 3) Model shoot!!! That's why i want to follow you. Stylishly composed and elegant photo. 4) The rice shot has a great asymmetrical balance (as did the model photo) 5) Incredible presentation of ______ (appetizers/snacks?) 6) the flowers with the rice paddies is great. 7) Beautiful ending photo. Smooth.

Cheers, Matt
Matt; welcome back. guess you have had the time to get rid of the beach sand.:D Thank you kindly sir.

Gemtlemen, thank you all.:salute:

rayyan

Just me and my 5,000 closest friends.
Cheers, Matt

Matt. you must have had a real beach party, what with someone attending a conference!!:D

Great 5000 shots!!:thumbs:

Another image from Waikiki.
D7000; AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR; 100mm; 1/6400s @ f/5.6; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

This one is gooood. very very goood. Sun, Sand, Bright, Heat, Roast, Burn..
Baby Burn. Goood.:thumbs:

S

sjms56

Kelly Hansen Lead Singer for Foreigner 2009 D700/24-70 2.8 iso500

Kelly Hansen and Mick Jones 2009 D700/24-70 2.8 iso560

Duane Eddy playing a very special one of a kind custom Les Paul Guitar before presenting it to the National Park Service at Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty (made with actual parts from both Ellis and the SOL)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thank you Corlan. This was at ISO 5000 as well. It was shooting these with the 84/1.4 that I discovered that I still had the ND filter on the 70-200. He's actually in a darker part of the stage, so it worked out.

Thanks Cuz.

BTW, one thing I thought was cool about Steve Reid, was that when he wasn't playing his solos, rather than leaving the stage, he jumped into the Trumpet section with the kids, and played right along. Not much of a shot, but here he is with my Nephew's band. (My nephew plays trombone, and is right in front of Steve... with his face hidden by the bell of his horn.)
Nice story Lloyd.
The kids must've been thrilled!

Thanks Corlan F. & Steve!

Since Jazz image seem to be en vogue today..

I shot this last year with the old 200mm f2 ais at a small Jazz Club on the southside. I really love this lens.
Another superb shot, Pete.
Who's the gentleman btw?

Definitely a terrific lens. My favorite in F-mount, too (along with two 50's from Zeiss/Contax and the 105VR, for different purposes). The new 85 seems incredible, too.

I've been absent without leave for a while. I need to catch up on the posts. Meanwhile, here's a few from a week ago at Waikiki Beach. Just me and my 5,000 closest friends.

5. D7000;AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR; 45mm; 1/1000s @ f/16; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

Good to hear from you, Matt.
We were worried, i guess -quite clearly indeed- for no reason :D

The one quoted above looks more "Matt D" than the others to me. Like with Rayyan balinese shots, less flesh and ware is preferable... but also like Rayyan, sounds like you guys have real tough times waiting for your respective wifes. :deadhorse: :ROTFL:

Took a day of rest. Did nothing. Nothing at all. Just chased shadows..
Souds like neither the chairs, or the light had a lot to do either on that day. Nice :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 120mm and f/4.5
Definitely "Snap-on" ;), Jorgen!

Kelly Hansen Lead Singer for Foreigner 2009 D700/24-70 2.8 iso500
Duane Eddy playing a very special one of a kind custom Les Paul Guitar before presenting it to the National Park Service at Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty (made with actual parts from both Ellis and the SOL)
Cool grabs, especially the Duane Eddy moment :thumbup:

petetsai

Corlan F. ~ thanks again

The Tenor Saxophonist playing is Edward House, a local player in an ensemble out here. I was lucky on this night as he sometimes wears a kufi, but on this night he didn't and that worked out perfect as this lens was able to capture the bead of sweat coming down as he played.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Really enjoying these racing shots, Jorgen. Very colorful events. This one looks like soccer moms racing to get the kids to practice. :D
The guy behind the wheel in this particular car is one of the best, possibly the best, drivers in Thailand. He does endurance races for fun, and won with a huge margin. They do have a class for celebrity girls also. Soap opera stars etc. You wont believe the nuances of pink you can get a racing car painted in :ROTFL:

shtarka1

Thank you Corlan. This was at ISO 5000 as well. It was shooting these with the 84/1.4 that I discovered that I still had the ND filter on the 70-200. He's actually in a darker part of the stage, so it worked out.

Thanks Cuz.

BTW, one thing I thought was cool about Steve Reid, was that when he wasn't playing his solos, rather than leaving the stage, he jumped into the Trumpet section with the kids, and played right along. Not much of a shot, but here he is with my Nephew's band. (My nephew plays trombone, and is right in front of Steve... with his face hidden by the bell of his horn.)

Thats very cool of him! Kids must have loved that!

Status
Not open for further replies.