The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

fultonpics

Thanks Lloyd! I LOVE the D4! when doing by first edit I was "amazed" at the percentage of in focus shots. In fact I should say amazed at the lack of out of focused shots. As you know NHL is very fast, especially a Sharks/Red Wing close game. Add to the mix low lighting and ice level hand held shooting. the D4 will make a "pro" out of ANYONE. Also I did almost no post except crop and level before sending first batch of 50 shots.

rayyan

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat.
'We're all mad here.'

Lloyd

Very interesting image, Rayyan. And the quote is apropos to the make up of the forum, I'm thinking. (What's ironic is that I literally just, within the last 15 minutes, finished watching Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" with my granddaughter. True story.)

rayyan

Very interesting image, Rayyan. And the quote is apropos to the make up of the forum, I'm thinking. (What's ironic is that I literally just, within the last 15 minutes, finished watching Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" with my granddaughter. True story.)
Small world indeed Lloyd! What a coincidence!!

Our hugs to your granddaughter.

Regards.

routlaw

Re: A couple of D4 images

Thought some of you might have an interest in seeing a couple of new D4 images. Landscape conditions for this time of year are a bit iffy so nothing special on these. Both are raw files converted in LR 4.0, custom pre set gray balance using a Robin Meyers gray card.

Will post some people photos shortly.

1st image: D4/45 PC-E, F8 @ ISO 100

2nd image: D4/85 PC, F8 @ ISO 100 shot at 5:4

Last edited:

routlaw

Re: More D4 photos

My daughter and her fiance Aaron at the local St Patricks Day 10K Run from yesterday, and Aaron with his mom and dad.

Definitely out of my element on this type of photography but had some willing subjects anyway.

D4/24-70 2.8 lens/Auto WB/ISO 400

Last edited:

shtarka1

Headache

new camera day--D4 in action

Thought some of you might have an interest in seeing a couple of new D4 images. Landscape conditions for this time of year are a bit iffy so nothing special on these. Both are raw files converted in LR 4.0, custom pre set gray balance using a Robin Meyers gray card.

Will post some people photos shortly.

1st image: D4/45 PC-E, F8 @ ISO 100

2nd image: D4/85 PC, F8 @ ISO 100 shot at 5:4
My daughter and her fiance Aaron at the local St Patricks Day 10K Run from yesterday, and Aaron with his mom and dad.

Definitely out of my element on this type of photography but had some willing subjects anyway.

D4/24-70 2.8 lens/Auto WB/ISO 400
D4's Are "Running Wild"! Great Work Guy's & Congrats!

rayyan

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Awesome :thumbs:

+ 1 for Jorgen's above quoted characteristic of your 'land far far away' scenery, Rayyan
and that goes for Steve's "Ma Kettle" too
and Fulton's D4 goal keeper headache
and Gary Clennan's Tonle Sap captain
and Ben's birthday gift opening
and Dave's girls in the studio
and Jorgen's little viewfinder enthusiast, plus the more long-legged racing photos
and Gary Benson's Douglas DC-6 plane
and Tim's train rails
and Vlad's runway show audience
and ...
I could go on and on, so many inspiring shots here

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Here's an abstract concrete ...

click for native size

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

... and a concrete concrete .-)

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1/320 sec. at f/11 ISO 200 • Capture NX

rayyan

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Here's an abstract concrete ...
... and a concrete concrete .-)

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1/320 sec. at f/11 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen, wonderful positioning. And thanks.

Regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
So during this 6 hour car race, one of the drivers asked if I could take some portraits of his daughter since I was carrying all this camera stuff anyway, in the pit lane, 35 degrees C. "And try to make it look natural", he said. "She always make all kind of strange expressions and weird smiles when she sees a camera."

So I said "Don't smile!", and she didn't :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.