The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

I do a lof of hifi coverage and that include some travel. My camera bag very often has to be reduced to a minimum. But last fall I was invited to Gothenburg to a releaseparty and I could go there by car. So this time I had a tripod and quite a full camera bag. :)

And the result of my coverage of the new Marten Django speaker was among others these two images. I used my Nikon D3x and PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED N.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What if soldiers all over the world stopped fighting and had beauty contests instead? The Thai army would be well prepared ;)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm and f/3.2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Takk, Mikael.

They do actually have some soldiers in black & white as well, but I only had colours in my camera today :loco:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/6.3

Bildifokus

Mikael, I'm Drooling Over This & Would Love To Hear It! Nice!
+1. Might set me back more than a M9-P and a D800E!!:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys!

And yes, they will do some damage to your economy. But they are at the cheap end of the Marten range of speakers. But when you have experienced them in a good room and with a great setup of electronics you may start thinking of a new investment, and we are not talking about camera gear. :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I believe you about the speakers, Mikael, so I'd better not listen to them. Not unless I find a way of earning a living listening to music from the depth of my sofa.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4

Last edited:

bensonga

We broke the all time winter snowfall record in Anchorage this past weekend.....134.5 inches. Here in Eagle River, where I live, we get quite a bit more snow than Anchorage (we are nestled between the mountains surrounding Eagle River valley)....so I can only guess that we may have received 160+ inches at my house this winter. Whatever the number, it's more snow than I ever want to see again in a single season, that's for sure.

But, looking on the bright side....Spring has finally arrived in Alaska, the snow is melting and the days are getting longer. I took a walk around my neighborhood this evening, with a Pentax 67 SMCP 55mm lens hanging off the front of my D700 (yup, I got the P67=>Nikon Fotodiox Pro adapter today!). Rather than post yet another photo of snow piled up as high as the street signs etc, I opted for a photo of a melting snow bank.....because MELTING is what I want to see happening now and the sooner this snow is all gone, the happier I will be! :thumbs:

Summer, a long and HOT summer...that's what I'm hoping for now. Not likely to happen up here in southcentral AK, but I hold out some small hope for a good summer, before the start of another long winter.

Gary

ustein

Contributing Editor
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Shooting longer focal length with the D800 is challenging for landscape work:

1. Shake
2. Shallow DOF (where to put the focus?)
3. Diffraction: I guess it starts degrading at f/6.1 or so

Means lots to explore.

HI guys, great idea. Same here, as soon as I get mine would be posting images. What about providing location as well?. ACH

ustein

Contributing Editor

>What about providing location as well?. ACH

My shots are all from California :)

Status
Not open for further replies.