The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Rayyan, Steve, Lloyd!

I finally got my hands on a Zeiss 100mm ZF.2 macro. Yahoo baby! This lens is the sweetest thing I've held since I was 16! This shot doesn't do it justice, but I had to post something since I only received the lens yesterday and have fallen hard for it.

Lloyd

I finally got my hands on a Zeiss 100mm ZF.2 macro. Yahoo baby! This lens is the sweetest thing I've held since I was 16! This shot doesn't do it justice, but I had to post something since I only received the lens yesterday and have fallen hard for it.

Big congrats Tim. One piece of equipment I'm genuinely jealous of... and hope to have one day. Gorgeous shot... looking forward to more.

Lloyd

A few more from the Bryce Canyon Winter Festival. These from the Ski Archery Race. This is the kid's race, and these kids are intense competitors!

All with the D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII, ISO 200:

Their technique might not always be the best, but they are intense all the same.

shtarka1

Fantastic lens,iq & shot Tim!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, Tim, beautiful Zeiss treats from both of you. :thumbs:

Especially love the candle shot, Rayyan.

Tim, so what's your processing and profile here?

Pete: thanks for the extra info.

shtarka1

A few more from the Bryce Canyon Winter Festival. These from the Ski Archery Race. This is the kid's race, and these kids are intense competitors!

Their technique might not always be the best, but they are intense all the same.
Nice effort & concentration caught Lloyd!

rayyan

Lloyd, super action set. These two stand out for me for the intensity of the expression and the calculations going the young lady's head.

Lovely presentation.:thumbs:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Lloyd: I love the second shot of the boy skier (222)—the high key effect works beautifully—especially so in that shot.

Rayyan: You are everywhere! Lovely to be treated to the world through your eyes.

Everyone else, thanks for your comment on the dead Poinsettia, it's (hopefully) the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Corlan: Processing is C1 to PS-CS5. Push the bars around, throw a few Adj. layers on, then open my eyes with fingers crossed. I'm discovering how much better the FX files handle being pushed around. I can only imagine (gulp) what MF files must be like to work with. Please don't anyone tell me.

rayyan

Why are we stopping here, asked Aria. ( my guide, driver and friend )

To have coffee and maybe lunch, I said.

But we just had breakfast, and it is only 0900 hrs.

Well in that case, I said, we just sit, relax and watch.

But you came here to take photographs, we are wasting time, protested Aria.

No, I said. I came to learn, have fun and take photographs. Why don't you take some photos of the ladies Aria. I taught you how to use the camera.

Aria went away with the camera, none too happy.

We had lunch. Let's go Aria, I said. Where? Hotel, I said. I am tired.

But we did not take any pictures today. A day wasted, he said.

No, I said. I learnt a lot Aria. In three hours, 25 cars stopped here. Their guides parked their cars. Everyone got out. Walked about. Took photos.

So, Aria, this is not the place for me to take photos of the rice fields from.

Tomorrow, we shall find another place, where we do not have cars stopping..
except ours. And Aria, I shall sleep in the back now.

Lloyd

Nice effort & concentration caught Lloyd!
+1. Bright stuff! :thumbup:
Lloyd, super action set. These two stand out for me for the intensity of the expression and the calculations going the young lady's head.

Lovely presentation.:thumbs:

Lloyd: I love the second shot of the boy skier (222)—the high key effect works beautifully—especially so in that shot.
Thank you all, gentlemen. Much appreciated.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Was there before the market opened.

Saw the lady preparing her stall for the day..
And what a beautiful lady... this one speaks a whole lot to me. This is great, Rayyan.

Everyone else, thanks for your comment on the dead Poinsettia, it's (hopefully) the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Corlan: Processing is C1 to PS-CS5. Push the bars around, throw a few Adj. layers on, then open my eyes with fingers crossed. I'm discovering how much better the FX files handle being pushed around. I can only imagine (gulp) what MF files must be like to work with. Please don't anyone tell me.
You're too modest making it sounds like it's pure luck ;)
To answer your question on the side, well working with both file formats if you don't need larger prints and/or don't pixel peep all night long, the difference is not that big. What makes a lot of difference is usually the care involved, and lighting equipment used... and sometimes (often?) photography and processing skills. Honestly the D3x is a real treat when pushing around files (IMHO there's at least as much difference in that regard between D3X-D700 than DX-FX). Hopefully the next genration FX bodies will be on par. in the meantime D700/D3 are still great tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.