Site Sponsors
Page 47 of 246 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 12268

Thread: Fun with Nikon Images

  1. #2301
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Love it!!!

  2. #2302
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Love it!!!

  3. #2303
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Walking along this street one day
    In the pretty month of May ( when else ! )

    I saw a pretty lady carrying grapes
    Held chest high, in a tray

    She smiled. Bon Jour
    Stranger that doth come my way

    Would you like to taste my grapes
    I swear I heard her say

    I looked at my watch. There was no time to play.
    I heard a voice in my ear.

    Monsieur, it is time to pray.



  4. #2304
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Poetry on all levels, Rayyan! One can definitely hear and feel the warmth...


    "Rue des Vignerons" you say??

    The kind of beverage they have before dinner, then...




    Refreshing, they say...





    But... i know you can't be tempted by their white wine. What about the fresh local goat cheese they love to accompany it with, then?




    Maybe more to your tastes...



    .

  5. #2305
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Poetry on all levels, Rayyan! One can definitely hear and feel the warmth...


    "Rue des Vignerons" you say??

    The kind of beverage they have before dinner, then...




    Refreshing, they say...





    But... i know you can't be tempted by their white wine. What about the fresh local goat cheese they love to accompany it with, then?




    Maybe more to your tastes...



    .
    Corlan, these are marvellous!
    Beautifully photographed. Tempting!!

    I shall take the glass ( ! ).

    The cheese is nice though a bit salty. Just like the camel milk cheese here.

    Lovely shots sir.

  6. #2306
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Staying in Alsace..


  7. #2307
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1962

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Poetry on all levels, Rayyan! One can definitely hear and feel the warmth...

    "Rue des Vignerons" you say??

    The kind of beverage they have before dinner, then...

    Refreshing, they say...

    But... i know you can't be tempted by their white wine. What about the fresh local goat cheese they love to accompany it with, then?


    Maybe more to your tastes...

    .
    Those are very lovely, Corlan, and sooo "old world" civilized
    I don't care what gear I have.
    Things I sell: http://www.shutterstock.com/sets/413...html?rid=61105

  8. #2308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


    Maroubra 01 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Sigma 150-500mm zoom.

  9. #2309
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    First one is a work of art, Steve.
    Big plus one from me, Steve. Love that second one as well.

  10. #2310
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    I'm with Corlan and Steve on this one. Terrific image.

  11. #2311
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Corlan, these are marvellous!
    Beautifully photographed. Tempting!!

    I shall take the glass ( ! ).

    The cheese is nice though a bit salty. Just like the camel milk cheese here.

    Lovely shots sir.
    +1 from me. Love that last shot in particular.

  12. #2312
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Walking along this street one day
    In the pretty month of May ( when else ! )

    I saw a pretty lady carrying grapes
    Held chest high, in a tray

    She smiled. Bon Jour
    Stranger that doth come my way

    Would you like to taste my grapes
    I swear I heard her say

    I looked at my watch. There was no time to play.
    I heard a voice in my ear.

    Monsieur, it is time to pray.



    You have the way, my friend. On many fronts.

  13. #2313
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Staying in Alsace..

    Great shot. That look he's giving... what's that about?

  14. #2314
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post

    Maroubra 01 by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Sigma 150-500mm zoom.
    Terrific shot Peter!!

  15. #2315
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I'm with Corlan and Steve on this one. Terrific image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    You have the way, my friend. On many fronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Great shot. That look he's giving... what's that about?
    Thank you very much Lloyd.
    Re: the look! Curious, I guess.

    Take care.

  16. #2316
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Big plus one from me, Steve. Love that second one as well.
    Thanks Lloyd!

  17. #2317
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Walking along this street one day
    In the pretty month of May ( when else ! )

    I saw a pretty lady carrying grapes
    Held chest high, in a tray

    She smiled. Bon Jour
    Stranger that doth come my way

    Would you like to taste my grapes
    I swear I heard her say

    I looked at my watch. There was no time to play.
    I heard a voice in my ear.

    Monsieur, it is time to pray.


    Time to pray
    For Peace & Health

    My Dear Folks, and All Else

    I document these times through Prose & Lens
    For This Forum , All Endearing Friends.


  18. #2318
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Poetry on all levels, Rayyan! One can definitely hear and feel the warmth...


    "Rue des Vignerons" you say??

    The kind of beverage they have before dinner, then...




    Refreshing, they say...





    But... i know you can't be tempted by their white wine. What about the fresh local goat cheese they love to accompany it with, then?




    Maybe more to your tastes...



    .
    Scrumptiously Inviting & Delicious Corlan! Awesome!

  19. #2319
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Staying in Alsace..

    Beautiful Shot Rayyan ,But Keep An Eye On That Man!

  20. #2320
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Time to pray
    For Peace & Health

    My Dear Folks, and All Else

    I document these times through Prose & Lens
    For This Forum , All Endearing Friends.

    Amen to that brother. A hidden poet reveals himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Beautiful Shot Rayyan ,But Keep An Eye On That Man!
    Thanks Steve. Shady character that one.
    Regards.

  21. #2321
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    A little something different...


  22. #2322
    Member CNovick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, New York USA
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    ... and for this weekend's backwoods adventure -- I went to Fox Creek falls in Berne, NY, and found one of the most fascinating waterfalls. With the rock formations, the water in many places came out from between the rocks. Taken with my D3000, 18mm lens, and 2 sec exposure @ f28.


  23. #2323
    Member CNovick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, New York USA
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    The trail for Fox Creek Falls -- definitely beats a "water runoff" stream bed as a trail, and it comes complete with flowers and NO swarms of black flies and mosquitoes!

    Last edited by CNovick; 5th June 2011 at 18:34.

  24. #2324
    Member CNovick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, New York USA
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    This is a view of first and second tiers of Fox Creek Falls.


  25. #2325
    Member CNovick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, New York USA
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    A view of all three tiers of Fox Creek Falls.
    Still love the rock formations!


  26. #2326
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Love the positioning of the 3 heads & the inquisitive
    looks!
    Steve: Thanks! Just wish i was closer to get better IQ. I really like the one in the middle that's peering out from under the other two to look at us.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  27. #2327
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Few More...

    1.

    2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    First one is a work of art, Steve.
    Steve: I'd agree! Are they buying a sailboat, or, is it the forms that brought you there? Either way, great idea.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  28. #2328
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Rayyan: Beautiful 'take' on the 'through the fountain' photo! Water as texture and no 'framing' elements of the fountain...excellent choices.
    Corlan: Thanks!
    Rayyan: As Corlan said, "poetry". Double entendre and all. And, with a excellent photo as a bonus.
    Corlan: Stunning photos of the cold glass of Sauvignon Franc and a cheese. The white-on-white, the garnish , and the way it's lit are extremely attractive. Gourmet Magazine like.
    Rayyan: Nice contemplative capture; considering something.
    Peter: Terrific photo! Next best thing to killing yourself on a snowmobile.
    Rayyan: Just a tease of the church.
    CNovick: Nice set of photos. I esp. like the composition and the water blurr in the first one.


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  29. #2329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    310
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


  30. #2330
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Rayyan: Beautiful 'take' on the 'through the fountain' photo! Water as texture and no 'framing' elements of the fountain...excellent choices.

    Rayyan: As Corlan said, "poetry". Double entendre and all. And, with a excellent photo as a bonus.

    Rayyan: Nice contemplative capture; considering something.

    Rayyan: Just a tease of the church.



    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thank you sir.

  31. #2331
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Scrumptiously Inviting & Delicious Corlan! Awesome!
    I agree! If you have to have sweat, that's the best kind to have. Lovely focus and color.

    Tim

  32. #2332
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Those are very lovely, Corlan, and sooo "old world" civilized
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Corlan, these are marvellous!
    Beautifully photographed. Tempting!!

    I shall take the glass ( ! ).

    The cheese is nice though a bit salty. Just like the camel milk cheese here.

    Lovely shots sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    +1 from me. Love that last shot in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Scrumptiously Inviting & Delicious Corlan! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: Stunning photos of the cold glass of Sauvignon Franc and a cheese. The white-on-white, the garnish , and the way it's lit are extremely attractive. Gourmet Magazine like.
    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    I agree! If you have to have sweat, that's the best kind to have. Lovely focus and color.

    Tim
    Many thanks guys for your kind words. Truly appreciated


    Jorgen, sooo "old world" hey?
    Well, it was my lunch Saturday. Only missing in the photos is the bread, but that would hardly add a touch of modernity either...


    Rayyan: salty? Nope, not this kind. We get these from the farm down the road, they only use super fresh milk, no additives. Cheese don't last for more than 4 days once made. Basically plain pressed home battered milk from the free grazing goats -so it's only available 5 to 6 months a year. Also love the more matured variety btw, including the Camel sort. Long time i didn't have some though -should pay you a visit one day, we'll have this and some of those marvelous dates while discussing photography, tradig travel stories and arguing about the respective merits of oriental and occidental wisdom (and how poorly they're valued in today's world)... yeah, we should do that. One day...

    Another beautiful portrait of Ayesha, and yes the guys look
    Maybe it was just casual curiosity (hopefully), but the instant captured makes it creepy.


    Thanks again all.



    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Time to pray
    For Peace & Health

    My Dear Folks, and All Else

    I document these times through Prose & Lens
    For This Forum , All Endearing Friends.

    Just quoting for no reason, Steve.
    Though the next to last sentence would make a terrific and well appropriate opening quote for an opus of your works...

  33. #2333
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Peter: what a splash!


    Vlad: very nice, really.
    Have a question though: did you keep the "1-point-something" right angle of the chruch on purpose? My personal impression is that it kinda defeats this somehow meaningful composition by attenuating the leaning human element here. Just my take

  34. #2334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    310
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Peter: what a splash!


    Vlad: very nice, really.
    Have a question though: did you keep the "1-point-something" right angle of the chruch on purpose? My personal impression is that it kinda defeats this somehow meaningful composition by attenuating the leaning human element here. Just my take

    You are absolutely right, that was not on purpose. I edited the image late last night and didn't notice the angle

    Should be fixed now.

  35. #2335
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan: Just a tease of the church.
    CNovick: Nice set of photos. I esp. like the composition and the water blurr in the first one.


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    +1 to both.

  36. #2336
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    You are absolutely right, that was not on purpose. I edited the image late last night and didn't notice the angle

    Should be fixed now.
    Appears that it is fixed... and what a wonderful shot!

  37. #2337
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    You are absolutely right, that was not on purpose. I edited the image late last night and didn't notice the angle

    Should be fixed now.
    As Lloyd noticed, it appears to be different now.
    At the same time, you also got rid of the bit of arch of the right end side, which is good, too.

    Sorry for being so nit-picking... the shot deserved it -and i wish i was all the same for my own photos, at times

    Great shot, Vlad.

  38. #2338
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


    Technically imperfect...


    "Oh, Hardiness of Youth!"





    .

  39. #2339
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


  40. #2340
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: I'd agree! Are they buying a sailboat, or, is it the forms that brought you there? Either way, great idea.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, Dan Is Into Boating Big Time, Hence The "Vineyard Wedding" On The Dock. His Wife Sam, Is Into The Eclectic,Artsy Stuff That I Try To Do. We Snuck Into That Boathouse & Went To Town! thanks!

  41. #2341
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    A little something different...

    Gorgeous Color,Framing & Shot Rayyan!

  42. #2342
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by CNovick View Post
    A view of all three tiers of Fox Creek Falls.
    Still love the rock formations!

    Splendid views & takes CN!

  43. #2343
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Brilliant ,Vlad!

  44. #2344
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Just quoting for no reason, Steve.
    Though the next to last sentence would make a terrific and well appropriate opening quote for an opus of your works...
    A Definite,Possible,Maybe Corlan! Seriously, Thanks My Friend!!!

  45. #2345
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Technically imperfect...








    .
    Which Is What Makes It Special!

  46. #2346
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Stunningly Beautiful!

  47. #2347
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    "Little Miss Sunshine"




    D700,85G

  48. #2348
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Certainly can't get any cuter, Steve!

    Absolutely wonderfully captured and processed, both of them.


    ( and, thanks! )

  49. #2349
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Certainly can't get any cuter, Steve!

    Absolutely wonderfully captured and processed, both of them.


    ( and, thanks! )
    Thanks a lot C!

  50. #2350
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1962

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Beautiful photo
    I don't care what gear I have.
    Things I sell: http://www.shutterstock.com/sets/413...html?rid=61105

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •