The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtarka1

Peter, Gorgeous Seascapes! Tremendous IQ & Comps!
The B&W Shot Is Now In My Top 10 Best Images File Of All Time! Man..I Love That! Bravo!:thumbs::salute:

Lloyd

This is the swimming bear before it got wet. It knew we were there and wasn't concerned. It, just, wanted to make sure there were no big grizzlies around.

I've been reprocessing some old photos and finding overlooked ones from this trip. I'm trying to get better color quality in the photos.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Well, clearly, it's working. Amazing quality here... and in the earlier set as well.

rayyan

Some Fishy Underworld..

Steve, bears eat fish!! Matt shoots bears. You show us a fishy underworld!!
Macabre is what I say!!

But the ' mother ' sign makes it all human for me. Nicely framed with the fisheye.:thumbs:
The bw processing is excellent, as usual I expect from you..:thumbs:.:thumbs:

Lloyd

My idea of fun is to go out before sunrise in any weather and do some seascapes. Well 6am on Saturday morning it was raining cats and dogs and there was a 'dangerous' swell. Sounds perfect.

These are of Ivo Rowe Pool, South Coogee (a suburb of Sydney)...

Got my feet a little wet after this one...

Ivo Rowe n 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom. P.S. when are they going to make self-cleaning, non fogging lenses?
Nice ones Peter. Worth wet feet, I'd say.

A black and white shot for a change.

Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens.
I liked the color version here, but I think I prefer the film noir feel of this one.

Some Fishy Underworld..

D3 Nikon 8mm 2.8:)
Very kewl all, Steve. This one speaks to me from an artistic perspective.

shtarka1

Steve, bears eat fish!! Matt shoots bears. You show us a fishy underworld!!
Macabre is what I say!!

But the ' mother ' sign makes it all human for me. Nicely framed with the fisheye.:thumbs:
The bw processing is excellent, as usual I expect from you..:thumbs:.:thumbs:
Very kewl all, Steve. This one speaks to me from an artistic perspective.
Rayyan & Lloyd, Thanks Very Much!!!

etrigan63

From a recent portrait shoot.

D700 + 24-70 f/2.8 + Metz 58N1 (off camera via cable) + reflector

Comments welcome.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My idea of fun is to go out before sunrise in any weather and do some seascapes. Well 6am on Saturday morning it was raining cats and dogs and there was a 'dangerous' swell. Sounds perfect.

Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom. P.S. when are they going to make self-cleaning, non fogging lenses?
Excellent :thumbs: :thumbs:

m_driscoll

Lloyd

From a recent portrait shoot.

D700 + 24-70 f/2.8 + Metz 58N1 (off camera via cable) + reflector

Comments welcome.
Really nice, Carlos. I like that the light falls of on the dress. It's a beautiful dress, but all that white would have overwhelmed the shot.

etrigan63

Thanks Lloyd. I was going for a fashion style of lighting for that shot, bringing out the subject while keeping the background dark in broad daylight. Kudos also to my two lovely assistants: the Mrs. on Shot Right with the flash handheld and our daughter on Shot Left with the silver reflector.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. I was going for a fashion style of lighting for that shot, bringing out the subject while keeping the background dark in broad daylight. Kudos also to my two lovely assistants: the Mrs. on Shot Right with the flash handheld and our daughter on Shot Left with the silver reflector.
Well, it worked. And yes, congrats to your lovely assistants... can't do it without good help. (And see, you don't need no stinkin' MFDB!!:cool:)

Now go to bed... it's LATE!:D

m_driscoll

These are of Ivo Rowe Pool, South Coogee (a suburb of Sydney)...

A black and white shot for a change.

Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens.
Peter: Sunrise? Isn't that 9:00 AM? :LOL:
Beautiful photos! Well worth getting up. The light and color in the first is sensational; the B & W has a really nice quality (Sydney, or, the "City" in London?); but, this one's my favorite. The strong horizon line and the water coming at you is cool. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

etrigan63

Thanks Matt!

Lloyd, I am still "on the fence" in that regard. I am wondering what the Nikon D4 will bring to the table. If it is a combo of the D3x (for image resolution) and the D3s (for ISO performance) and the price is within reason, I will be the first in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.