Site Sponsors
Page 51 of 246 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 12258

Thread: Fun with Nikon Images

  1. #2501
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, You've Captured The Essence Of Teenage Girls & The "Agony" Of The Knees In # 2! Nice Shootin Partner!
    LOL. "Agony of the Knees indeed". Nice shots, Matt, so +1 from me. I do like the idea of pairing the shot of the girls with the shot of the teenage bears.

  2. #2502
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Youth, It Never Gets Old...

    1.

    D3, 28, 1.4 AF-D. D700, ZF 35, 1.4
    Great shots, Steve. LOVE that first one.

  3. #2503
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post

    Jess Clockwork Orange bw by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Tamron 60mm macro.
    Wow. Great shot, Peter. Clockwork Orange indeed.

  4. #2504
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Very nice... and of my favorites of your subjects! Very kewl sunglasses. I like those reflections.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan: +1! An imperious look. Kewl. Nice capture.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Vogue Magazine Worthy! Stunning, Rayyan!
    Lloyd, Matt, Steve..

  5. #2505
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Should have paired the first one with a shot of the three teenage bears.

    1. D700; 24-120mm F/4 VR; 120mm; 1/2500s @ f/4; ISO 200


    2. D700; 24-120mm F/4 VR; 120mm; 1/1600s @ f/4; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, let them bears be my friend. They have enough issues as it is!
    Great shots.

  6. #2506
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Youth, It Never Gets Old...

    1.

    2.
    Steve, marvellously alive!! Look at that kid in #2. Wonderful!

  7. #2507
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Lloyd & Rayyan, much appreciated!

  8. #2508
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Steve, so many gorgeous shots in the last pages that just quoting some was not an easy task.
    Had to choose an angle, so FWIW here's my top pick (i think), based mainly for stylistic reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    7.
    D3, 28D 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Le Tour...

    3.
    D3, 28, 1.4 AF-D, Zeiss 35, 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    2.

    D3, 28, 1.4 AF-D. D700, ZF 35, 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    "Sax" In The City...

    2.
    D3, 28, 1.4AF-D, Zeiss 35 1.4
    Great work, and lotsa fun, all of them!





    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Went to the races again.

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm, f/11 and 1/80s



    There was other entertainment too

    D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

    Absolutely top notch!

  9. #2509
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Same place...different time.

    D700; 24-120mm f/4G; 78mm; 1/160s @ f/4; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Wow Matt, this is GOOD.
    Subject, processing, and composition wise the inside frame associated with the reflexion is terrific.

    Just wondering; did you try a version without the actual guy with the hat? No idea if that works, but the right side would surely work by itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    The Hat lady at the Pike Place Market.

    1. D700; 24-120mm F/4 VR; 120mm; 1/1600s @ f/4; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt
    http://mdriscoll;.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    2. D700; 24-120mm F/4 VR; 120mm; 1/1600s @ f/4; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt.
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    The Hat Lady is super cool. Nice colors, too.
    Had to look up what an affirmation bracelet could be, btw. The "Hammering Girl" part then came naturally



    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Arne: Beautifully done winter scenes. I've put all that white behind me though and prefer to forget about that season!

    Here's something I've seen elsewhere and been meaning to try. This is my first attempt at focusing TWO cameras on a moving subject.



    Best,
    Tim
    Excellent, Tim.
    And quite well executed!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    I haven't posted on this great thread for a while (work and the like..) but I have managed to push the button a few times. Here are some from last winter that I never got around to post. All with D3x and Zeiss glass.

    Arne, great composition and light control.
    Love it.

  10. #2510
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Just a little goofing around in PS.

    D3s, 85/1.4G, @ f1.4, 1/125, ISO 1250:
    Dunno 'bout goofing around, but this is certainly a wonderful portrait.
    Mimi looks even more beautiful than usual -though hardly possible.






    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    2130 hrs this evening at my place:




    These are superb, Rayyan.
    Sounds like quite a nice evening you had there...


    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Geneve..Lac Leman

    Just Superb, all the same...
    Even the photo!

  11. #2511
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post

    These are superb, Rayyan.
    Sounds like quite a nice evening you had there...
    ....
    Just Superb, all the same...
    Even the photo!
    Corlan,

  12. #2512
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images


  13. #2513
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Steve, so many gorgeous shots in the last pages that just quoting some was not an easy task.
    Had to choose an angle, so FWIW here's my top pick (i think), based mainly for stylistic reasons.









    Great work, and lotsa fun, all of them!






    Thanks Very Much Corlan!!!

  14. #2514
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Rayyan, Spectacular View & Shot! Wow!

  15. #2515
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Dunno 'bout goofing around, but this is certainly a wonderful portrait.
    Mimi looks even more beautiful than usual -though hardly possible.


    Thank you Corlan. (BTW, you made Mimi's day with that comment!)

  16. #2516
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Wow! Spectacular, pure and simple!!

  17. #2517
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan, Spectacular View & Shot! Wow!
    +1. Even the angled horizon gives life to the shot, and the precision is awesome!

  18. #2518
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan, Spectacular View & Shot! Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Wow! Spectacular, pure and simple!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    +1. Even the angled horizon gives life to the shot, and the precision is awesome!
    Steve, Lloyd, Corlan..I don't know what to say! Thank you so very much, sincerely.

  19. #2519
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    1. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 38mm; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 200


    2. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 120mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 200


    3. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 100mm; 1/25s @ f/4; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  20. #2520
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, You've Captured The Essence Of Teenage Girls & The "Agony" Of The Knees In # 2! Nice Shootin Partner!
    Steve: Thanks, buddy! She's really got some banged up knees? I considered touching them up; but, figured this isn't Vogue.

    Here's the colored version of the teens:

    D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 120mm; 1/2500s @ f/4; ISO 200



    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  21. #2521
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Youth, It Never Gets Old...

    1.

    D3, 28, 1.4 AF-D. D700, ZF 35, 1.4
    Steve: Love the "Little Rascals" And, you weren't arrested? Sorry, that's a discussion for another time. Nicely seen and captured. Tracks well from left to right.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  22. #2522
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB666 View Post

    Jess Clockwork Orange bw by peterb666, on Flickr

    Nikon D90 and Tamron 60mm macro.
    Peter: The tight crop and her look really draw you in. Then you read the "...Clockwork Orange...", and look again. Excellent!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfoio.com

  23. #2523
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    LOL. "Agony of the Knees indeed". Nice shots, Matt, so +1 from me. I do like the idea of pairing the shot of the girls with the shot of the teenage bears.
    Lloyd: Thanks. I'll have to look for a bear photo with a similar grouping.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  24. #2524
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt, let them bears be my friend. They have enough issues as it is!
    Great shots.
    Rayyan: Thank you, my friend!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Wow Matt, this is GOOD.
    Subject, processing, and composition wise the inside frame associated with the reflexion is terrific.

    Just wondering; did you try a version without the actual guy with the hat? No idea if that works, but the right side would surely work by itself.

    The Hat Lady is super cool. Nice colors, too.
    Had to look up what an affirmation bracelet could be, btw. The "Hammering Girl" part then came naturally ...
    Corlan: Thank you, sir! What's the saying; "give as monkey a camera, and eventually..." I didn't try that 'crop". Good idea, and I will. You probably have noticed that I tend to turn 4-5 shots into 14-15 versions.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  25. #2525
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Thanks Very Much Corlan!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Wow! Spectacular, pure and simple!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    +1. Even the angled horizon gives life to the shot, and the precision is awesome!
    Rayyan: +4! Very, very, nice. A wild guess: Prague?

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  26. #2526
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan: +4! Very, very, nice. A wild guess: Prague?

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, thank you sir. Budapest.

  27. #2527
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    1. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 38mm; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 200


    2. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 120mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 200



    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, Of the set, this is my choice for its simplicity and minimalism.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Here's the colored version of the teens:

    D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 120mm; 1/2500s @ f/4; ISO 200



    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    I really prefer this one to the B&W version Matt.

    Regards.

  28. #2528
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    1. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 38mm; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 200



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Great cast of character's! Nice reflections & Top Notch Processing!

  29. #2529
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Peter: The tight crop and her look really draw you in. Then you read the "...Clockwork Orange...", and look again. Excellent!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfoio.com
    Agree! Well Done Peter!

  30. #2530
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: Love the "Little Rascals" And, you weren't arrested? Sorry, that's a discussion for another time. Nicely seen and captured. Tracks well from left to right.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt! No Arrests & All Law Abiding For Me!

  31. #2531
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Wow. Great shot, Peter. Clockwork Orange indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Peter: The tight crop and her look really draw you in. Then you read the "...Clockwork Orange...", and look again. Excellent!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfoio.com
    Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun shooting Jess. When I saw the bowler hat on Jess it was the first thing I thought. Jess is one of the co-photographer students on the course I am doing and she makes a great model. Much easier to work with than the 'real' models that have come from time to time.

  32. #2532
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Last One Of "Our Gang"


    D3, 28, 1.4 af-d

  33. #2533
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Last One Of "Our Gang"


    D3, 28, 1.4 af-d
    B - U - T - Ful. Wonderful processing. Superb moment of capture. The little
    girl on the left..wow, typical!!!

  34. #2534
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    B - U - T - Ful. Wonderful processing. Superb moment of capture. The little
    girl on the left..wow, typical!!!
    Sincerest Thanks Rayyan!

  35. #2535
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Meeting people and making friends. We shall meet again.


  36. #2536
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Rayyan, great smiles, processing & warmth! Our Craft does open up a Whole World of New Friend's!

  37. #2537
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan, great smiles, processing & warmth! Our Craft does open up a Whole World of New Friend's!
    Steve, that is indeed one of the true joys of photography. Thanks you my friend.

    Stay well.

  38. #2538
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    1. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 38mm; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 200


    2. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 120mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 200


    3. D700; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 100mm; 1/25s @ f/4; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Love all three of them, Matt.

    Favorite is number one, will stylistically tag along the other one posted recently, same subject. Very complementary. Cast of characters is quite nice (especially the first four or five starting from the left).

    #2 for geometry, and the distant smile... and the red ATM's maybe not your usual style but just excellent, really!
    (and since we're talking about crops for a change , i might let the right hand side part out (street/cars), 3x4 or something like that for more impact)

    P.S. just like Rayyan, got a significant preference for the color version of the three girls here



    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Peter: The tight crop and her look really draw you in. Then you read the "...Clockwork Orange...", and look again. Excellent!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfoio.com
    Peter: i somehow missed this shot in the last pages, but thanks to Matt i see it now... and agree all the way with his comment. Definitely "Clockwork Orange" material

    And yes, short of some top/seasoned pros and with a few exceptions, best models are often found elsewhere...



    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Last One Of "Our Gang"


    D3, 28, 1.4 af-d
    Extremely nice again, Steve.
    Love the composition and moment.

    (processing possibly a tad on the gritty side for me on this one, but that's just me )



    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Meeting people and making friends. We shall meet again.

    Simply radiating with light and friendship, Rayyan.

    You sure did meet a great variety of human beings throughout all your journeys... what a great thing

  39. #2539
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Thanks Corlan! I was going for that 1930's "Little Rascals" look & feel.

  40. #2540
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    "He Lives Vicariously Through Himself!"


    D3, ZF 35 1.4

  41. #2541
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    "He Lives Vicariously Through Himself!"


    D3, ZF 35 1.4

    Love the title! Love the comp! Love the looks! Love it all!

  42. #2542
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Love the title! Love the comp! Love the looks! Love it all!
    Thanks Mon Frere!

  43. #2543
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Our mini-street car line.

    D700; 16-35mm F/4 VR; 16mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; +2/3 EV; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #2544
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt, thank you sir. Budapest.
    Well, i was moderately close! The bridges didn't look quite right and I couldn't see Hradcany Castle. Only been there once and never to Budapest.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  45. #2545
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt, Of the set, this is my choice for its simplicity and minimalism.

    I really prefer this one to the B&W version Matt.

    Regards.
    Rayyan: Thanks. I think that i lost too much detail in processing the B & W.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  46. #2546
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Great cast of character's! Nice reflections & Top Notch Processing!
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Last One Of "Our Gang"


    D3, 28, 1.4 af-d
    Steve: Thanks! This is the best one of the "Our Gang" set! Everybody's in the perfect position, composition's great, and pp's excellent.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  47. #2547
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Meeting people and making friends. We shall meet again.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan, great smiles, processing & warmth! Our Craft does open up a Whole World of New Friend's!
    Rayyan: +1! Steve said it.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  48. #2548
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: Thanks! This is the best one of the "Our Gang" set! Everybody's in the perfect position, composition's great, and pp's excellent.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Bud!

  49. #2549
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Our mini-street car line.

    D700; 16-35mm F/4 VR; 16mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; +2/3 EV; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Excellent lines,contrast,convergence & shot Matt! Love it!

  50. #2550
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with Nikon Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Love all three of them, Matt.

    Favorite is number one, will stylistically tag along the other one posted recently, same subject. Very complementary. Cast of characters is quite nice (especially the first four or five starting from the left).

    #2 for geometry, and the distant smile... and the red ATM's maybe not your usual style but just excellent, really!
    (and since we're talking about crops for a change , i might let the right hand side part out (street/cars), 3x4 or something like that for more impact)

    P.S. just like Rayyan, got a significant preference for the color version of the three girls here
    Corlan: Thank you, sir. I always appreciate your comments and critique!

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •