The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos Rayyan. Love the shadows in the first, and the second is magic and mysterious at once. Looking forward to the Cherry blossom shots! ;)
Rayyan: Big + 1, and welcome back!:salute:

Hermann: +3, what they said. :thumbup:
Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Thanks! :salute:

Wow! Just wow. :bugeyes:
Matt: Big + 1! This one does't look really amused - what did you tell to it? :D :thumbs:

rayyan

Folks, a lovely lovely set of images you are treating me too. I shall do injustice
if I do not comment on them individually.

I have been talking to stones. Yes, an old habit of mine. They tell me secrets.

Especially the gentle, aphrodite type of stones. I was all ears and more..yes much more!! You would not believe what this one had to tell me.

Photojazz

haha Steve, nice job too, forgot to add that.

Matt, thanks, you "get" the shot. That's what I see too. I love the way the wet rocks with smooth water flowing over show their color, coming to a crest with the surface rocks in corner.

Last night, I got side tracked with some things, so not much processing. One from D3X/16-35vr, I had to shrink it to get it to load due to size. Processed changing some lighting emphasis, and color enhancement of course. I enhanced the trees on left and right forground, I darkened place next to forground left trees, brightened tree base in middle While stream brightened with tree on left. These things change the image, adding depth, and visual appeal.

rayyan

Rayyan, i figured you were MIA due to traveling & photo endeavors. You brought back a couple of Slices of Wow!:salute:
Steve, Thanks pal. I didn't travel anywhere. My son and his wife were there
and sending me pics. Gave them some advice on places to go and the like.

Great photos Rayyan. Love the shadows in the first, and the second is magic and mysterious at once. Looking forward to the Cherry blossom shots! ;)
Lloyd, my son's pics sir. I have them, but for another section. Non-Nikon.

m_driscoll;302683 [B said:
Rayyan:[/B] +1!. You come to Washington and you don't even stop by? Cool photo of the American Art Museum and the "reflection". :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, West coast might be a stretch, but I would have at least gone down to Boston. Me and Ayesha stayed home..conjugal bliss.

Rayyan: Big + 1, and welcome back!:salute:
Hermann, really appreciate getting back on the forum. But not from travel.

Folks, my sincere thanks to you all.:salute:

rayyan

rayyan

Another loonnnggg winter we had here... lot of smiles nevertheless, and even, laughs.

Corlan, Glorious portrait. One ' feels ' the person.:thumbs:

One more from the series about the elderly in our society:

"Just Passing By"

D 700, 24 - 70 mm/2.8 G @ 32 mm & f/2.8

Really hate the saw teeth due to resizing, but don't know how to get rid of it.:confused:

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest!
Again one more from the series about the elderly in our society:

"Keeping in Shape - The Royal Practice Field"

D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8 G @ 14 mm & f/2.8

Thanks a lot for your interest!
Hermann, super captures. bw is an excellent medium. lovely work.:thumbs:

Lloyd

Folks, a lovely lovely set of images you are treating me too. I shall do injustice

Especially the gentle, aphrodite type of stones. I was all ears and more..yes much more!! You would not believe what this one had to tell me.
Dramatic presentation of what could be a very simple image. No with words those stones tell... words I want to hear indeed.

Lloyd

Last night, I got side tracked with some things, so not much processing. One from D3X/16-35vr, I had to shrink it to get it to load due to size. Processed changing some lighting emphasis, and color enhancement of course. I enhanced the trees on left and right forground, I darkened place next to forground left trees, brightened tree base in middle While stream brightened with tree on left. These things change the image, adding depth, and visual appeal.
Another nice one, Doug. You're on a roll.

More from San Fran area
Another terrific set, Ryan.

rayyan

Steve, I instinctively recognize your signature. I know what follows shall be something to learn from. This set is no exception.

While the images can stand on their own, they take me back in time. No, not the people in the images..but what they might have presented in the performance.

My mis-spent youth, around ole miss, the garden between nc/tn and of course the music. I can never get it out of my soul.

Thank you for posting these.:salute:

p.s Now, I shall take a nap, and dream about mary lou taking me to church. loved southern hospitality. yes sir. loved it.

shtarka1

Steve, I instinctively recognize your signature. I know what follows shall be something to learn from. This set is no exception.

While the images can stand on their own, they take me back in time. No, not the people in the images..but what they might have presented in the performance.

My mis-spent youth, around ole miss, the garden between nc/tn and of course the music. I can never get it out of my soul.

Thank you for posting these.:salute:

p.s Now, I shall take a nap, and dream about mary lou taking me to church. loved southern hospitality. yes sir. loved it.
My Pleasure Rayyan & Thank You!

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Terrific processing and angle. :thumbup:

haha Steve, nice job too, forgot to add that.

Matt, thanks, you "get" the shot. That's what I see too. I love the way the wet rocks with smooth water flowing over show their color, coming to a crest with the surface rocks in corner.

Doug: This one's great, too! Excellent composition and color. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.