The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Like Tim said, we need to make the best of all that white stuff .-)

click for larger

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

click for larger - in some browsers F11 removes <-> and puts back menulines

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Lloyd

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Both images are nice, Steen. I love the graphic quality of the tracks in the snow, but this one, especially with the couple on the skyline in the background, is especially nice. Wonderful light here too.

Last edited:

Lloyd

From my front porch again. Yesterday morning.

D300, 70-200/2.8 VRII @ 150mm f4.0, ISO 1000

shtarka1

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Like Tim said, we need to make the best of all that white stuff .-)

click for larger

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nice tracks,intersections & negative space utilized in the 1st image & beautiful color,light & comp in # 2 Steen!

viablex1

A shot from the outdoor pool room...

Coledale a1 by peterb666, on Flickr

OK, it is Coledale Rock Pool which is located around 50 km south of Sydney, Australia. It was built in the 1920s by volunteer labour for the local coal mining community so they could swim safely as they didn't like being eaten by sharks.

Taken with a Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens around 10 minutes before "first light".
damn!!! rubber buggy baby bumpers!!!!!! :thumbup:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

Thanks a lot, Lloyd and Steve.

Lloyd, it's a fabulous view you have from your porch, so grandiose and beautiful.
You could fill a calendar with the same framing in different weather and different lightings. Or an almanac with a picture a day :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Wonderful subtle tones in that evening shot of the slender tree trunks, Matt :thumbup:

Here's a classic viablexography type of interior, especially for you, sir :D

click for larger - in some browsers F11 deactivates <-> and again activates menu lines

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 0.8 sec. at f/11 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Lloyd

Thanks a lot, Lloyd and Steve.

Lloyd, it's a fabulous view you have from your porch, so grandiose and beautiful.
You could fill a calendar with the same framing in different weather and different lightings. Or an almanac with a picture a day :)
Thank you Steen. I've actually considered doing just that. I have lived here for 12 years, and the variety of scenes that have presented themselves has amazed me.

shtarka1

Very kewl stuff, Steve. Speaking of "fishy", is that Faneuil Hall Market Place? Durgin-Park was my favorite place to eat as a kid.
Exactly right Lloyd! I used to sneak into Houlihans when i was 16! Lotsa Fun in Them Days! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.