The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Kelly Hansen Lead Singer for Foreigner 2009 D700/24-70 2.8 iso500

Kelly Hansen and Mick Jones 2009 D700/24-70 2.8 iso560

Duane Eddy playing a very special one of a kind custom Les Paul Guitar before presenting it to the National Park Service at Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty (made with actual parts from both Ellis and the SOL)
Great stuff!!! :salute:

m_driscoll

Since Jazz image seem to be en vogue today..
I shot this last year with the old 200mm f2 ais at a small Jazz Club on the southside. I really love this lens.

Velvet Lounge by PeteTsai, on Flickr
Pete: Great image! Excellent composition. :salute:

Matt; welcome back. guess you have had the time to get rid of the beach sand.:D Thank you kindly sir.
Matt. you must have had a real beach party, what with someone attending a conference!!:D
Great 5000 shots!!:thumbs:
This one is gooood. very very goood. Sun, Sand, Bright, Heat, Roast, Burn..
Baby Burn. Goood.:thumbs:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir. Not necessarily my kind of place. I didn't take as many photos as i thought i would.

Took a day of rest. Did nothing. Nothing at all. Just chased shadows..
Rayyan: Beautiful light and shadow, rhythm and focus! :thumbup:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 120mm and f/4.5
Jorgen: Nice image! You've got the panning down. Somewhere in all that advertising writing it must say who made the car? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Good to hear from you, Matt.
We were worried, i guess -quite clearly indeed- for no reason :D

The one quoted above looks more "Matt D" than the others to me. Like with Rayyan balinese shots, less flesh and ware is preferable... but also like Rayyan, sounds like you guys have real tough times waiting for your respective wifes. :deadhorse: :ROTFL:
Corlan: Can't get rid of me that easy! I'd probably agree about that shot. You know, I'd rather be in Bali then Waikiki.

Loving your Waikiki shots, Matt. This one has amazing processing! Don't know that I'd like to hang around with 5000 people, but I could use some warm weather!
Lloyd: Thanks! :D The weather was pleasant. 45 deg. colder when we got off the plane in Seattle. I was trying to "broil" them a bit more with the PP. :LOL:

Beware of man on beach with camera!:D Nice take on Paradise Matt!:)
Excellent reflection & fried lobster feel Matt!:)
Steve: Thank you! :D "Paradise" is where you find it.

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Sorry to be such a bad citizen here. I get behind and find it hard to comment on all the wonderful images being shared. All I can say is thanks to everyone for the inspiration.

I recently came within a millimeter of buying a D3s until the rumors of a D4 started to solidify. But I've decided to make the transition to full frame with a D700 in preparation for new bodies from Nikon later this year. So I've begun replacing all my DX lenses with FX-capable glass. Yesterday was the first time shooting with the D700 and I still haven't sussed out how to process the files. Love the compact body though. Two with the 17-35.

Best,
Tim
Outstanding Tim!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Nice image! You've got the panning down. Somewhere in all that advertising writing it must say who made the car? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
Thanks all.

Matt, it's a Honda Jazz. In Japan it's a Honda Fit.
There's actually a funny story behind that: They originally planned to call it Honda Fitta, when some polite soul made them aware of the fact that "Fitta" is Norwegian slang for women's genetials. So they changed it to Jazz and Fit. Not sure if that increased or decreased their sales potential in Norway :ROTFL:

rayyan

Rayyan: Thank you, sir. Not necessarily my kind of place. I didn't take as many photos as i thought i would.

Rayyan: Beautiful light and shadow, rhythm and focus! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Rayyan: Very nice lines and color. :thumbup: That same outrigged boat is being rowed off Waikiki by Japanese tourists and a guide. :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

Matt. understand exactly what you mean. One of the major reasons, I left the
south of Bali and travelled up north.

Thanks for your kind words sir.:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.